Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the ES300h model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the ES300h. Please use the main 6ES forum for discussion about shared components with other sixth generation ES models.

ES300h and Lexus Enform

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-12, 08:27 PM
sigmoid
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ES300h and Lexus Enform

I've been reading up on the docs about Lexus Enform and I figured it required some type of subscription based service.

Looking at the subscription prices ( after year 1 ) here:

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...bscriptions.do

I'm curious if you can just get the AppSuite ala carte or if it will require one of the annual plans - curious if anyone knows....
Old 10-27-12, 07:00 AM
jetman
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sigmoid
I've been reading up on the docs about Lexus Enform and I figured it required some type of subscription based service.

Looking at the subscription prices ( after year 1 ) here:

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...bscriptions.do

I'm curious if you can just get the AppSuite ala carte or if it will require one of the annual plans - curious if anyone knows....
The website is really not clear about the subscription rates. For example, if you choose one of the annual plans listed, does it even include the App Suite, or is it a monthly add-on? Any of the Sirius/XM services would seem to be an additional monthly charge, so I would guess the App Suite is additional but I really can't be sure.
Old 10-27-12, 08:08 AM
uicandrew
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree that it's ambiguous, it looks like the annual enform package includes the app suite whereas the safety connect doesn't include it.

You could get the safety connect with the app suite but its cheaper then the aforementioned enform package, but it doesn't say if edestination is included or not

And I guess we know how Sirius is going to stay in business. I remember when xm and Sirius were duking it out and "experts" said that both were going to fail.