Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the LS600h L model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the LS600h. Please use the main 4LS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation LS models.

LS600 linear throttle controller

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-13, 12:00 PM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS600 linear throttle controller

At http://l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=2925 I found:

The new Toms Linear Throttle Control System is designed to help your vehicle achive much crisper and direct throttle response. As is common in many electronically controlled throttle systems, you don't always get the best throttle responce from the vehicle. The Toms control unit fixes that.

However, this controller is not working on a LS600:

I found another one and like to install in the ash tray later:

You will find the application list at

http://mspeed.de/english/pages/accel...mics/lexus.php

At the filling station and after a race on the highway a Corvette owner visited the LS and was surprised that it is not the Mercedes AMG he expected. The Corvette with 500hp only won the race as the LS600 is simply too heavy and limited at app 165 mph (on 22's).
Old 08-28-13, 01:26 AM
LXurious
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Does this increase 0-60 time or what? Im confused on what this exactly does but I am very curious if someone can clarify
Old 08-28-13, 04:46 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 151 Likes on 113 Posts

I have heard of this device but on my 600 in PWR mode..there is no issue whatsoever when I hit the throttle..its very responsive

Sent via Club Lexus Mobile App
Old 08-28-13, 04:50 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LXurious
Does this increase 0-60 time or what? Im confused on what this exactly does but I am very curious if someone can clarify
On the 460s, it helps reduce or eliminate lag time when hitting the gas..especially going WOT from a dead stop..I think its equivalent to when we put our 600 in PWR mode setting is what they experience in the 460..no delay..instant response. Doesn't make car faster

Old 08-28-13, 05:25 AM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CJITTY
On the 460s, it helps reduce or eliminate lag time when hitting the gas..especially going WOT from a dead stop..I think its equivalent to when we put our 600 in PWR mode setting is what they experience in the 460..no delay..instant response. Doesn't make car faster

When there is time I can measure the acceleration. The controller makes the LS600 much more responsive also compared to the PWD mode. Btw. I never used another mode as it is the hybrid mode adding the power of both engines.

Normally the LS can remember how fast the driver pushed the pedal down and adapts the response. With the controller, this seems to be off. The difference is really noticeable. No doubt whether it is needed for a limousine.

And right, it doesn't add any HP but takes all what is available. If my calculation is correct the LS600 has 618 HP assuming the battery can deliver enough.

For sure a linear throttle controller is not recommended for grandpa's in their comfortable chair or countries where the speed is limited, LOL.
Old 08-28-13, 05:36 AM
PeteinPA
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Would putting a 460 in power mode using the toggle switch (Power/Snow) on center console result in the throttle being more responsive?
Old 08-28-13, 05:42 AM
RodT
Pole Position

@whitetooth, just curious how did you come up with 618hp for the 600?
Old 08-28-13, 07:19 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RodT
@whitetooth, just curious how did you come up with 618hp for the 600?
Published LS600 HP is 438 but Whitetooth is in Germany and they have a different horsepower measurement which is where he is probably getting that number from. Or he is adding up the HP from the gas and electric motors but the work in conjunction with each other..doesn't really pile on horsepower..more of a blending if that makes sense

From Wikipedia: The*Pferdestärke*PS (German translation of horsepower) is a name for a group of similar power measurements used in Germany around the end of the 19th century, all of about one metric horsepower in size

Last edited by CJITTY; 08-28-13 at 07:28 AM.
Old 08-28-13, 07:24 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Pedal Box is about $250 http://www.pedalbox.com/en/pedalbox/the-pedalbox.html

Old 08-28-13, 07:53 AM
RodT
Pole Position

@jitty, ok thanks ( just off the wall right now) i was thinking that he had found a way to get an addtional 179hp out of it without any MAJOR modifications, lol
Old 08-28-13, 07:54 AM
Tee

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

Pedal Box is about $250 http://www.pedalbox.com/en/pedalbox/the-pedalbox.html

We disucsed this at a mee about three weeks ago when member 'Ronshaft' told us about Pedalbox and Sprnt Booster ($289) that will do the exact thing theTom's product does.

http://www.sprintbooster.us/

http://www.mcssl.com/SecureCart/View...8df09b1&bhcp=1

I saw Ron this past Sun he bought the Sprint Booster, I'm looking to hear his thoughts. I also want to see drive it myself and he has the Joe Z exhaust so should make a great combo!
Old 08-28-13, 07:58 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

I can't imagine my repsonse being better than it is in PWR mode..with that CVT transmission we have in oir 600s...the car just pulls like hell in that mode. .plus quick taps on the accelerator puts you back in your seat

Old 08-28-13, 11:13 AM
Chaos236
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

I had a sprint booster on a 911. It went out on top of a bridge on a two lane highway. I had to open the door crawl under the dash, remove it (five minutes) with traffic whizzing by to get home. They did offer to SELL me another one. Pass.
Old 08-28-13, 11:45 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Chaos236
I had a sprint booster on a 911. It went out on top of a bridge on a two lane highway. I had to open the door crawl under the dash, remove it (five minutes) with traffic whizzing by to get home. They did offer to SELL me another one. Pass.
Oh hell naw..wow

Old 08-29-13, 01:07 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 295 Likes on 211 Posts

I can't imagine my repsonse being better than it is in PWR mode..with that CVT transmission we have in oir 600s...the car just pulls like hell in that mode. .plus quick taps on the accelerator puts you back in your seat

Thansk CJITTY, I never really put it in PWR mode until I saw your post and tried it yesterday. Surprised how much of a difference I felt. I also feel that when I let off the gas I feel the regenerative braking more as well. Have you noticed this or am I just imagining things?

Quick Reply: LS600 linear throttle controller