Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the LS600h L model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the LS600h. Please use the main 4LS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation LS models.

Question? Dealer states LS600hL brake system requires "calibration"???

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-13, 03:47 PM
RodT
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question? Dealer states LS600hL brake system requires "calibration"???

I took my car into the Lexus dealership today here in Jackson,MS (Herrin-Gear Lexus) to have a noise inspected coming from the front passenger side of the car. The noise is kinda hard to describe but here goes: "Its like when i apply the brakes kinda hard it sounds like the pads on the passenger side grips the rotor but then lets it slip again then re-grips but no grinding sound, its like something is slipping apart noise. Also i'm not experiencing any vibration when the brakes are applied its still smooth. The dealer told me that my aftermarket pads was the culprit and that i needed to have Lexus pads and also have all my rotors "machined" and the brake system" re-calibrated" price quote $800. They also stated that the LS600 braking system is unique and uses a wire system that requires a special calibration The things is that the other three corners are not making any noise at all and are smooth when the brake is applied. The whole brake calibration thing has me thrown off just curious has anyone experience this problem before 460/600 and if so how was it remedied?
Old 10-04-13, 04:44 PM
Mfnheff
Driver School Candidate

Sounds like a load of crap to me. There won't be any difference between oe pads compared to aftermarket, aside from compound. The only wires involved would be for the wear sensors. Even a regenerative brake system wouldn't have wiring beyond wear sensors, at least at the caliper end. I would venture a guess a problem is more in the hydraulic system. Either at the caliper or in the actuator system. Maybe swap the pads side to side and see if the problem moves. If the problem goes with to the other side, then the pads would be at fault. If it stays the same I'd look at the caliper. Make sure the pistons ate moving freely. Make sure the pins and other hardware aren't seized or messed up in some way. If all is good, start working to the front of the car.
Good luck and keep us posted
Old 10-04-13, 10:33 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

Maybe calibration as far as brake fluid or something. .sounds funny to me. I know there is a sequence for brake bleed

Sent via Club Lexus Mobile App
Old 10-06-13, 11:10 AM
RodT
Pole Position

@Mfnheff im going to try your suggestion to see if that helps ill keep ya'll posted