Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the LS600h L model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the LS600h. Please use the main 4LS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation LS models.

LS600hL aftermarket warranties?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-15, 02:47 PM
Gbp
Lexus Champion

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by DiggerJim
I got mine at a Land Rover dealer. It was in the mileage cap but outside the 4yr warranty period. I checked with a couple of Lexus folks to see about getting the Lexus extended warranty but didn't qualify.
Thanks for confirming! I sat inside a 2008 LS600h the other day. Impressive! I'm happy with my SWB, but can better understand the appeal of the 600. Among its neat features was the rear-seat entertainment system without the Executive seating package. I need the 5-seater.
Old 07-12-15, 06:14 PM
DiggerJim
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gbp
Thanks for confirming! I sat inside a 2008 LS600h the other day. Impressive! I'm happy with my SWB, but can better understand the appeal of the 600. Among its neat features was the rear-seat entertainment system without the Executive seating package. I need the 5-seater.
I love the extra room in the 600. I have the 5 person seating so I get the reclining heated/cooled seats, separate climate control back there and the drop-down DVD/entertainment from the roof (as well as the cool box). Initially I wanted the massage reclining seat in the back with the ottoman but in retrospect the 5 seater is the better option for me. Every once in awhile I have to throw an extra (little usually) person back there. Also haven't found the size of the trunk any real problem - we don't pack that much that it's a problem. Figured I'd rather have cockpit room I use 100% of the time vs. trunk room that I only occasionally use.
Old 07-13-15, 07:09 AM
Ascari_2
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DiggerJim
Also haven't found the size of the trunk any real problem - we don't pack that much that it's a problem. Figured I'd rather have cockpit room I use 100% of the time vs. trunk room that I only occasionally use.
This was something that I was really concerned with but it turned out to be a complete non-issue. Although I have a 460L and therefore lack the battery, the car is equipped with the rear-seat package which eats up a huge portion of the trunk. Still, we pretty much never had a situation where I wished for additional space back there.
Old 07-13-15, 11:50 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in here regarding the Lexus Warranty discussion.
I own a 2007 LS460L.
When I bought the car back in Jan, it had 65.5k on the dash, obviously over 4 years old and over 50k and it wasn't purchased at a Lexus dealership.
Shortly there after, I paid a visit to my local Lexus shop and spoke with the guy who deals with warranties.
He told me specifically that I was able to purchase a Lexus warranty and gave me the option of purchasing the Platinum, Gold or the All-State warranty, and outlined all of the price points.
I think I recall that it depends on the dealer and weather or not they offer a warranty for cars outside of the 4/50k range.
There was another gentleman on here not too long ago that called the guy I spoke to and purchased a warranty from him. So it is possible.
The only thing the guy did tell me was that if I was going to purchase a Lexus warranty, to do it before 70k, because after that point the price would increase.
Old 07-13-15, 12:31 PM
swfla
Lead Lap

Received 1,272 Likes on 984 Posts

CROW, wish we could make your post a sticky. I'm sure many will continue to debate the availability of Lexus extended warranties. Too often things are treated in a black and white manner. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Old 07-14-15, 09:00 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by swfla
CROW, wish we could make your post a sticky. I'm sure many will continue to debate the availability of Lexus extended warranties. Too often things are treated in a black and white manner. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Not a problem at all!
This forum has been such a source of information that I almost trust more what's said within the confines of this forum, more than I do from techs at the dealership!
So I only desire to share my small bit of knowledge and experiences with everyone here in hopes that i'll help some, as many people here have helped me.
As you said, many times, things are often addressed within the same narrow scope, especially dealing with the topic of warranties. That's exactly why I was shocked to be told that I could purchase a warranty on my vehicle. I'm beginning to take the mindset of: Just ask. Even if one facility/person told you no, go to someone else and ask them. The worst that can happen is you receive the same response!
Glad I could share!
Old 07-16-15, 03:36 PM
ohheny
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CRowe, what's the name of the person and dealership you bought your warranty from? I wonder if they will do out of state

Originally Posted by CRowe14
I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in here regarding the Lexus Warranty discussion.
I own a 2007 LS460L.
When I bought the car back in Jan, it had 65.5k on the dash, obviously over 4 years old and over 50k and it wasn't purchased at a Lexus dealership.
Shortly there after, I paid a visit to my local Lexus shop and spoke with the guy who deals with warranties.
He told me specifically that I was able to purchase a Lexus warranty and gave me the option of purchasing the Platinum, Gold or the All-State warranty, and outlined all of the price points.
I think I recall that it depends on the dealer and weather or not they offer a warranty for cars outside of the 4/50k range.
There was another gentleman on here not too long ago that called the guy I spoke to and purchased a warranty from him. So it is possible.
The only thing the guy did tell me was that if I was going to purchase a Lexus warranty, to do it before 70k, because after that point the price would increase.
Old 07-16-15, 05:22 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ohheny
CRowe, what's the name of the person and dealership you bought your warranty from? I wonder if they will do out of state

Good evening to you...
Just to clarify, I didn't actually purchase a warranty but to be honest, I'm beginning to think about it as I'm nearing the 70k mile mark. My upper control arms are bad and I'm thinking it won't be too long, perhaps, until the lowers go bad.
Anyhow, the gentleman's name is John Desmet at the Lexus of Merrillville store.
I'm not sure the year and mileage of your LS, but mine is an 07 and at the time it had 65k on it.

Platinum: 0 Deductible
2/24 2699
3/36 3399
4/50 3940
5/60 4199

Gold: 0 Deductible
2/24 2499
3/36 2530
4/50 2899
5/60 3199

Hope that helps and be sure to let me/us know what happens when you call.