Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the LS600h L model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the LS600h. Please use the main 4LS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation LS models.

2011 LS600h

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-16, 11:06 PM
Gbp
Lexus Champion

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by orys
The dealership sold the car tonight to someone else although they promised it will be on hold till tomorrow.... I got busy with stuff today and thought that since I got approved it will still be there. Oh well, I guess wasn't meant to be...
Sorry to hear this. Another will come along, perhaps with the Avanced PCS and LKA features that were missing in your car.

Dealers often seem to not honor holds. Putting down a refundable deposit might help if you are again in a similar siruation. Best of luck.

Last edited by Gbp; 03-22-16 at 10:14 AM.
Old 03-21-16, 05:48 AM
caha14
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

The dealership sold the car tonight to someone else although they promised it will be on hold till tomorrow.... I got busy with stuff today and thought that since I got approved it will still be there. Oh well, I guess wasn't meant to be...
Sorry to hear, and that's the right attitude. Set up an automated alert on cars.com, and presto.

FWIW, this exact thing happened to me in 2014. The car I wanted was priced right and had sat for some time, and in the end, I had to travel, and it sold. I paid a bit more for the one I ultimately got, but it all worked out.

Moot point, but on your financing question, my personal philosophy is that if I am not paying extra (in terms of my interest rate) for the longer financing term, I always take it. You can always shorten the term by paying fast (which is what I do), so unless there is a sweeter interest rate if you finance for 48 months (or 36, or whatever), I'd be perfectly fine with the term you were looking at.
Old 03-21-16, 11:46 AM
orys
Pit Crew

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by caha14
Sorry to hear, and that's the right attitude. Set up an automated alert on cars.com, and presto.

FWIW, this exact thing happened to me in 2014. The car I wanted was priced right and had sat for some time, and in the end, I had to travel, and it sold. I paid a bit more for the one I ultimately got, but it all worked out.

Moot point, but on your financing question, my personal philosophy is that if I am not paying extra (in terms of my interest rate) for the longer financing term, I always take it. You can always shorten the term by paying fast (which is what I do), so unless there is a sweeter interest rate if you finance for 48 months (or 36, or whatever), I'd be perfectly fine with the term you were looking at.
Thanks for the encouragement... It may take quite a while until another certified low mile and reasonability priced example shows up 12 miles from my house... They only a few each year past 2008 and 2009. What I will probably have to do is wait until the 2013s depreciate more - there are a few of those out there, may take a year or two but I am not in a rush!
Old 03-21-16, 11:49 AM
Unsober1
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good to excellent credit has been getting great interest rates over the last few years. As posted above, use finacing as a benefit to you. Take the lower rate and long terms. Then use your money to work for you in other ways. Pay off items with higher interest, or use the dollars to get returns that are higher than what your car payment is. I'm always for using other people's money.
Old 03-21-16, 03:23 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,720 Likes on 1,948 Posts

Oh no! That sucks.
Old 03-22-16, 12:03 AM
jainla
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
Oh no! That sucks.
I'm sorry. That BLOWS.

I'd follow up in a couple days; the deal could fall through. I was stalking my car for a couple of months; and there was always a reason why I couldn't go see it (travel, work, family, etc). then one day it goes into "sale pending" but it's still on the site. So I email them and the guy is stalling signing the paperwork; long story short it 'fell out of escrow' and I dashed out to see it. They held it for me but I whipped out my credit card and gave them a deposit the moment it became available.

Otherwise we do see them in SoCal; but there just aren't that many of them around; especially CPO ones. You might have to make a quick trip up north; but it's good you're not in a hurry. I waited 15 months for the perfect car to come my way; so it can happen.

Old 10-28-16, 05:48 PM
bnc600hL
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow - that is the highest miles LS600 I have heard of. How long have you had it? Any major issues so far?
I bought it last September with 177999 on the odometer. It now has 197267 and the only problems I've had are the power outlet in the center console has a short and my cruise control doesn't work. Everything important still works great.