Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the LS600h L model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the LS600h. Please use the main 4LS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation LS models.

LKA - possible to add on LS600?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-16, 01:53 AM
orys
Pit Crew

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Default LKA - possible to add on LS600?

The 600 I am looking at (2011) has radar cruise but not LKA. I read somewhere that all 600 with radar cruise are prewired for LKA. Is this correct? Is it possible to add?
Thanks.
Old 03-11-16, 08:19 AM
wanderer99
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The LKA feature requires additional hardware that isn't installed on the car. This would mean the dual cameras that are mounted near the rear view mirror on the front glass in addition to the driver attention monitor that is housed above the steering wheel, and the additions of the buttons to the steering wheel itself. I don't think any of this is plug and play, but even if it was the cost would be in the thousands of dollars in hardware alone.

So I don't think it's possible. Just keep waiting for one with LKA as it will show up.
Old 03-11-16, 10:01 AM
caha14
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

Wanderer is right, and here is a bit of additional context...

Vehicles with radar cruise have PCS, and they cannot be retrofitted.

Vehicles with APCS (advanced pre-collision) and driver attention monitor (the thing on the steering column) can be retrofitted, as they already have the cameras and sensors in the headlight assemblies. Member Arvid (I think?) showed that. This, however, is - as I understand it - only applicable to pre-2010 models AND, more likely than not, outside the US only.

This is all moot in the context of the car you're looking at (and pretty much any other you find without LKA), but since you asked.

I have the feature. It is interesting, cool, etc., but for the right price (and vehicle condition), I would gladly skip it, for what it's worth.

Last edited by caha14; 03-11-16 at 10:30 AM.
Old 03-11-16, 02:12 PM
orys
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by caha14
Wanderer is right, and here is a bit of additional context...

Vehicles with radar cruise have PCS, and they cannot be retrofitted.

Vehicles with APCS (advanced pre-collision) and driver attention monitor (the thing on the steering column) can be retrofitted, as they already have the cameras and sensors in the headlight assemblies. Member Arvid (I think?) showed that. This, however, is - as I understand it - only applicable to pre-2010 models AND, more likely than not, outside the US only.

This is all moot in the context of the car you're looking at (and pretty much any other you find without LKA), but since you asked.

I have the feature. It is interesting, cool, etc., but for the right price (and vehicle condition), I would gladly skip it, for what it's worth.
Great response. Thank you. This is such a great forum...
Old 03-11-16, 02:37 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by orys
Great response. Thank you. This is such a great forum...
This really is, for what it's worth, probably the nicest car forum I've belonged to.

Now, having said this, go and buy the damn car! LOL.

Kidding... It gets lonely in the 600 club, especially since the car hasn't been getting much love lately :-)
Old 03-11-16, 03:48 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

This topic has been discussed previously. Please search. It can be done if you have advanced PCS with the stereo cameras at the top of winshield and in the headlights. Plus the led array on top of steering column. Wire in the switch on the steering wheel and it does function, just not 100%. Details are in another thread here on CL. Search and you'll see it. It was an amazing mod for sure
Old 03-11-16, 06:48 PM
orys
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by CJITTY
This topic has been discussed previously. Please search. It can be done if you have advanced PCS with the stereo cameras at the top of winshield and in the headlights. Plus the led array on top of steering column. Wire in the switch on the steering wheel and it does function, just not 100%. Details are in another thread here on CL. Search and you'll see it. It was an amazing mod for sure
That's what I thought... question is does a 600 with the radar cruise have the cameras you are referring to... I will search.
Old 03-11-16, 09:31 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by orys
That's what I thought... question is does a 600 with the radar cruise have the cameras you are referring to... I will search.
It has to have Advanced PCS not regular PCS
Old 03-12-16, 04:12 AM
Arvid
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

No need to wire anything, just to install the buttons on the steering wheel...if You have Advanced PCS...... I Have no clue if it will work on a 2011 though ...here is what I did on my 2008 LS600hL:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...ing-wheel.html

Arvid