Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the LS600h L model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the LS600h. Please use the main 4LS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation LS models.

ls600hl - Another hybrid battery failure

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-17, 04:43 PM
USLEX
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ls600hl60
At 114k you batteries need replacement? I'm way over those miles and still no issues.I guest it's like everything else some times we get lucky.let me know how Hybrid Restoration of Memphis works out.
I am almost at 60K miles on my 08 LSh. No problems with the hybrid system (so far), thank God! Your post got me curious and I checked some sites. There is www.thehybridshop.com (chain) that does reconditioning or replacement. If/when the time comes, I would be wondering whether to recondition or replace with used or new battery. Upon first thought, I would think used could be a gamble not knowing how much life it had left.
Old 08-16-17, 04:50 PM
Talidtb
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by USLEX
I am almost at 60K miles on my 08 LSh. No problems with the hybrid system (so far), thank God! Your post got me curious and I checked some sites. There is www.thehybridshop.com (chain) that does reconditioning or replacement. If/when the time comes, I would be wondering whether to recondition or replace with used or new battery. Upon first thought, I would think used could be a gamble not knowing how much life it had left.
Sheesh.. 60k? Thats low. Im looking into trading it in but i cant see nothing thats comparable yet still affordable. And it not like lexus is working a payment plan out or something with me on fixing the hybrid battery. That website, been there. Refuebished 600s batteries are hard to come by and if u do the cost is not far off from dealer pricing which the dealer sells brand new. I wanna trade it before it give up. Or imma end up fixing it and staying with it. Which wouldnt be easy since it 5k+ to repair. I would never ever buy a used hybrid battery. One, electronics is non refundable. Second, then what? U stuck with a no good battery then still have to cough up more money. Smh these 600s come like s500s when they start to fall apart. Eveything cost money. Nothing is cheap
Old 08-16-17, 07:21 PM
USLEX
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Talidtb
Sheesh.. 60k? Thats low. Im looking into trading it in but i cant see nothing thats comparable yet still affordable. And it not like lexus is working a payment plan out or something with me on fixing the hybrid battery. That website, been there. Refuebished 600s batteries are hard to come by and if u do the cost is not far off from dealer pricing which the dealer sells brand new. I wanna trade it before it give up. Or imma end up fixing it and staying with it. Which wouldnt be easy since it 5k+ to repair. I would never ever buy a used hybrid battery. One, electronics is non refundable. Second, then what? U stuck with a no good battery then still have to cough up more money. Smh these 600s come like s500s when they start to fall apart. Eveything cost money. Nothing is cheap
Yep, 60K. I bought it new and don't drive that much but love it when I do. My wife occasionally takes my car rather than her SUV just to keep the juices flowing in the LS.
Old 12-08-17, 12:35 PM
snookie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face snookie

I signed on to this site looking for viable repair solutions to my hybrid battery(2008). Doesn't sound good so far!!
Old 12-08-17, 01:38 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 294 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by snookie
I signed on to this site looking for viable repair solutions to my hybrid battery(2008). Doesn't sound good so far!!
Hi, there was a recent thread with links to OEM and aftermarket batteries.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...xus-600hl.html
Go to post #15 for the links. Good luck!