Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2015 up NX300H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the NX300H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other first generation NX models.

🚫 Lexus NX200t and NX300h Recalled ☠

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-16, 07:07 AM
is250gurl
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I had mine updated yesterday while in for a tire fix. Got my gas card as a we are sorry for the trouble so that's a bonus!
Old 12-22-16, 12:39 PM
kent2174
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

i never use emergency parking brake. But I do always use HOLD.
Today tested while at a signal on HOLD, removed seat beat, emergency brake red lamp came on and I could not move until manually touching parking brake.
I assume this is the issue that needs to be fixed.
Old 12-22-16, 01:09 PM
Koetsu
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My NX200t with a 5/15 build date functions correctly, as per the manual. My sample of the NX continues to be tres solid with no issues.
Old 12-22-16, 03:11 PM
d8168055
Pole Position

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by d8168055
Yes, mine functions properly too. When I step on the gas, parking brake automatically disengages as well.
I just tried this again today; took off my seat belt and parking brake DID NOT automatically disengage. When I tried it yesterday, there was a slight hesitation, but the P-brake released automatically upon throttle. Today when I tried it on the road, P-Brake held on while I rev'd my engine. I had to manually press the release button while ppl behind me were getting pissed thinking I was playing on my phone..

So what is the correct behavior? P-brake auto off or on?
Old 12-22-16, 05:32 PM
computerwi
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by d8168055
I just tried this again today; took off my seat belt and parking brake DID NOT automatically disengage. When I tried it yesterday, there was a slight hesitation, but the P-brake released automatically upon throttle. Today when I tried it on the road, P-Brake held on while I rev'd my engine. I had to manually press the release button while ppl behind me were getting pissed thinking I was playing on my phone..

So what is the correct behavior? P-brake auto off or on?
Unbuckling the seat belt does not disengage the parking brake. Unbuckling the seat belt when brake hold was being applied gives a warning alert and engages the parking brake. Slight throttle will then disengage the parking brake. What I'm not sure is, does the AUTO setting of the parking brake need to be enabled for both operations to kick in. Maybe this is what the software update address?

Looking up the VIN of my previous NX, there is no campaign active on the Lexus Canada website.
Old 12-22-16, 05:48 PM
chuckNX
Intermediate

Received 135 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by computerwi
Unbuckling the seat belt does not disengage the parking brake. Unbuckling the seat belt when brake hold was being applied gives a warning alert and engages the parking brake. Slight throttle will then disengage the parking brake. What I'm not sure is, does the AUTO setting of the parking brake need to be enabled for both operations to kick in. Maybe this is what the software update address?

Looking up the VIN of my previous NX, there is no campaign active on the Lexus Canada website.
Hum, I am not sure I am experiencing the same thing.

1. Brake hold enabled
2. Car is stationary with brake hold engaged, no feet on any pedals
3. I release the seat belt.
4. Car is still holding although I get a warning that brake is enabled.
5. I press the gas slightly and the car won't move, brake stays engaged.
6. At this point if I fasten seat belt and press the gas again, the brake will disengage and the brake hold system is deactivated.

Last edited by chuckNX; 12-22-16 at 06:45 PM.
Old 12-22-16, 06:01 PM
MKenM
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Pinhead
Ah okay makes sense. I'll give our dealer Newport a call.

I feel this is ironic tho, I purchased this car to have a reliable car, when this car has visited the dealer more times than all my previous cars combined T_T
Be thankful that you didn't buy a 2017 Jaguar F Pace. Now there's a car with problems.
Old 01-21-17, 02:52 PM
aztr0
Pole Position

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

I took my car in today to get this recall done as well. Once I got home and checked my email I received an email from Enform telling me my vehicle has status alerts. I checked my vehicle health report and 5 issues show up and they're all related to brake issue. Antilock brake issue, Brake issue, Parking brake issue, Blind spot issue, VSC issue. I called Lexus and they connected to my servicing dealer. They told me the recall servicing was done. I asked so... do I ignore these alerts? They told me yes. Has anyone gotten health reports with these issues popping up after their service recall in the vehicle health report? The instrument panel lights are all fine though, so I assume its a false alert, but want to see if others experience this. I'll keep an eye out to see if these alerts get wiped in the next month's report.
Old 01-24-17, 03:54 PM
aztr0
Pole Position

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Follow up, the vehicle alerts are gone from the report the next day, but service recall notice is still on the report even when completed.
Old 01-24-17, 11:14 PM
computerwi
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckNX
Hum, I am not sure I am experiencing the same thing.

1. Brake hold enabled
2. Car is stationary with brake hold engaged, no feet on any pedals
3. I release the seat belt.
4. Car is still holding although I get a warning that parking brake is enabled.
5. I press the gas slightly and the car won't move, parking brake stays engaged.
6. At this point if I fasten seat belt and press the gas again, the parking brake will disengage and the brake hold system is deactivated.
Forgot to follow-up on this. That is exactly how the system SHOULD work. Excuse my poor wording. Maybe a small edit to your wording for enhanced clarity.
Old 02-03-17, 12:00 AM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts
Thumbs up

I just received my "Special Service Campaign" letter in the mail for this. For those that are not aware of—or are not familiar with—this issue, I figured I'd make a video to explain it...

If the video doesn't start after clicking the image below, then click this link: https://youtu.be/2eESjueShTo . . .

Last edited by NXOwner; 02-03-17 at 12:55 AM.
Old 02-03-17, 05:01 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 714 Likes on 522 Posts

Nice informative video.
The following users liked this post:
NXOwner (02-03-17)
Old 02-03-17, 10:26 AM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Ward6096
Nice informative video.
Thanks, Ward. I hope this clears it up for some owners.
Old 02-03-17, 07:30 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 714 Likes on 522 Posts

I didn't understand the issue but I must admit I hadn't really paid much attention to it, plus I don't don't use the hold feature - mostly because I just haven't paid attention to the option which was new to us on this vehicle. Your video did a thorough job of not only explaining the issue, but explaining how the feature works in the first place. Nicely done and greatly appreciated! Your presentation was very clear and professional. Frankly, I am more inclined to use that feature now that I understand it better. I probably shouldn't admit I was so ill-informed as to this option but there it is...
The following users liked this post:
NXOwner (02-03-17)
Old 02-03-17, 07:42 PM
chuckNX
Intermediate

Received 135 Likes on 87 Posts

Even though mine works as expected, I ended up getting a recall notice as well. They might be checking them all.

i will wait until my 5k mile service and have them deal with it then.

i also need to get the infotainment updated to fix the Enform apps from hanging and causing tether errors.

Quick Reply: 🚫 Lexus NX200t and NX300h Recalled ☠