Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2016 up RX450h model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450h. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation RX models.

Hybrid Warning Light

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-18, 09:32 AM
TexasRxh
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
I think you just happened to pull in with a low hybrid battery and then the line ran it down farther and when they left the ignition on but put it in neutral, that was the end.

I use the same type car wash every week and never had this happen. Likely it was a one time event. Never happened in the past has it?
This happened to me one time (only). I live in Houston and it was at a car wash during summer. I remember the alarm coming on and panicking, hoping it wouldn't die before I reached the end of the tunnel. I will admit that prior to this event I paid no attention to the hybrid battery level before pulling into a car wash...I do now. I also don't use car washes where I can't stay in the vehicle because those guys never seem to get that the engine doesn't come on immediately when they press the Start button and they end up stopping the whole line while they figure out what's wrong.
Old 03-05-18, 11:52 AM
gadgetman1
Racer

Received 215 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasRxh
This happened to me one time (only). I live in Houston and it was at a car wash during summer. I remember the alarm coming on and panicking, hoping it wouldn't die before I reached the end of the tunnel. I will admit that prior to this event I paid no attention to the hybrid battery level before pulling into a car wash...I do now. I also don't use car washes where I can't stay in the vehicle because those guys never seem to get that the engine doesn't come on immediately when they press the Start button and they end up stopping the whole line while they figure out what's wrong.
Up until recently, a full service (get out of car) car wash was all I had access to that would actually do a good job. You can’t turn the car off, because they need it on to get in & move it on & off the track & do the windows. Perhaps some folks have never seen this type of upper end car wash, but it’s very common here, until recently. Now we have automated washes that only use one monkey instead of a crew & they don’t vacuum or do the windows. This only happened once or twice, but I think it’s an oversight on Toyota/Lexus’s part.