Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2016 up RX450h model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450h. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation RX models.

Accuracy of Lexus Product Information

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-18, 12:28 PM
RR99
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Accuracy of Lexus Product Information

I have a 2018 450h on order and when I placed the order, I was told that the standard interior was Nuluxe. Looking at the Lexus Product Information - http://pressroom.lexus.com/lexus/pro...oduct+info.htm - it says that the standard interior is leather. Does anyone know which is correct?
Old 02-06-18, 12:32 PM
RR99
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Similarly, I was able to order heated front seats but the product information has heated and ventilated front seats....
Old 02-14-18, 08:43 AM
rsolomon
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to say the Lexus ordering system appears darn near useless - my dealer claimed they had to manually add up the MSRPs of the options I chose to even figure the MSRP

I didn't study the system of course, but I watched them enter the order and I sure didn't see anything which looked like a running total or a way to generate same - let alone a list of final features in the build.

Multiple sources have varying option choices - e.g. online shows "DH" as the "Tow Hitch Receiver Package" at $660 MSRP. The online order sheet my dealer uses as of this week at least showed "DH" as the "Tow Hitch Receiver with Ball Mount" at $730 MSRP. Online offers the ball-mount separately as "D8" for $70 MSRP.

I never did 100% confirm what headlights come on an RX450h base - the US brochure says "Standard on every RX" is "Bi-LED headlamps, LED foglamps and daytime running lights" but my dealer was certain you needed at least the "IP" option "Bi-LED Headlamps w/Adaptive Front Lighting System" to actually get LED headlamps.

When I ordered my Audi there was a clear build sheet to work from, listing EVERY option and what it contained, as well as the price. I filled it out, confirmed everything with my dealer against the latest build sheet (same as I had except included dealer cost column) and put the order in. As long as you submit an order on the latest sheet by the deadline, Audi guarantees to build that vehicle. My Lexus dealer insists Lexus makes no such guarantees and that there's a small chance Lexus will change packages, features, and/or pricing at the time they build my vehicle and that there's no confirmation back to the dealer let alone me that such change is acceptable. Serious WTF right there!!!!
Old 02-14-18, 08:53 AM
fredw1
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

The problem is the various packages and options, some of which overlap. I could never figure out what I was going to get. I don't remember any specifics, but i do remember that picking one package could remove some options that were al la carte. Picking one package may not be be compatible with some other package, but only some options in either package would be removed.
Old 02-14-18, 10:48 AM
rsolomon
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fredw1
The problem is the various packages and options, some of which overlap. I could never figure out what I was going to get. I don't remember any specifics, but i do remember that picking one package could remove some options that were al la carte. Picking one package may not be be compatible with some other package, but only some options in either package would be removed.
Agreed that the packaging is a pain, but at least the online web configuration *SEEMS* to tell you what you can mix and match, albeit trial and error

I just wish that aligned with what the dealer order system has.