Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the ES300h model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the ES300h. Please use the main 6ES forum for discussion about shared components with other sixth generation ES models.

performance exhaust for ES300h

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-18, 08:51 AM
Diuneilomo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question performance exhaust for ES300h

Hi all ,this is Kent from China and I have a 2015 es300h. I just changed a new set of BC BR coilovers for my car. At the next stage I want to get a set of performance exhaust. However, as I know,there are little performance exhaust for es300h. So I want to ask any of u guys change the exhaust and what brands should I go for? E.g. FGK, TRD....It is too quiet at the moment, I want some louder exhaust with gud quality (not ricer).
whats more, es300h has the same classic code with es250 (xv60) , does it mean they share the same exhaust system? In my opinion, 300h is hybird it uses electricity below 60km/h, so their exhaust is different? Thank you for ur answer.
Old 02-13-18, 06:06 PM
Diuneilomo
Driver School Candidate

Any ideas?
Old 02-13-18, 06:52 PM
chromedome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 49 Likes on 45 Posts

Love the drop on the coilovers, how's the ride compared to stock suspension? One more good thing about the ES300h is that we can use 92 octane petrol instead of pricey 95 or 98. I haven't seen hot attendants at my local Sinopec or Shell station yet

As for the exhaust, I don't know if you can use a dual-outlet design like on the ES250. In fact the ES300h shares the same exhaust design with a hidden tip and rear bumper balance as the ES200. You would probably have to get a new rear bumper and check the exhaust mounting points to see if dual cans can be used. I've seen some wicked dual can exhausts on a CT200h and NX300h at my local dealer so I know it's possible to mod these hybrids.
Old 02-13-18, 10:22 PM
Diuneilomo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by chromedome
Love the drop on the coilovers, how's the ride compared to stock suspension? One more good thing about the ES300h is that we can use 92 octane petrol instead of pricey 95 or 98. I haven't seen hot attendants at my local Sinopec or Shell station yet

As for the exhaust, I don't know if you can use a dual-outlet design like on the ES250. In fact the ES300h shares the same exhaust design with a hidden tip and rear bumper balance as the ES200. You would probably have to get a new rear bumper and check the exhaust mounting points to see if dual cans can be used. I've seen some wicked dual can exhausts on a CT200h and NX300h at my local dealer so I know it's possible to mod these hybrids.
Thx for reply mate. Comparing to the stock suspension, the BC coilovers is harder but provides much confidence when u change lines and big turn. It really depends on the road condition, if the road is rough then I will feel sick but it is comfortable on highway. The reason I choose BC brand is there are little performance coilovers for ES300h, only few Tanwanese brands( BC, D2,KYB,Border,XYZ) and Taiwanese coinlovers are famous for "hard" and affordable lol. So if u got enough money u can go for Japanese brands.
Old 02-14-18, 06:04 AM
wdlugitch
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Diuneilomo

Hi all ,this is Kent from China and I have a 2015 es300h. I just changed a new set of BC BR coilovers for my car. At the next stage I want to get a set of performance exhaust. However, as I know,there are little performance exhaust for es300h. So I want to ask any of u guys change the exhaust and what brands should I go for? E.g. FGK, TRD....It is too quiet at the moment, I want some louder exhaust with gud quality (not ricer).
whats more, es300h has the same classic code with es250 (xv60) , does it mean they share the same exhaust system? In my opinion, 300h is hybird it uses electricity below 60km/h, so their exhaust is different? Thank you for ur answer.
Why would you want to do any of that? To impress that girl? It's was designed to be a quiet car, not a loud Trump.
Old 02-14-18, 10:29 AM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,353 Likes on 1,073 Posts

Sometimes just removing the rear mufflers, delete. With the Cats, and Res still there, may be just the sound you want. The Cats and Res, still keep it kinda quite.
Old 02-14-18, 11:38 AM
zes
Advanced

Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

The hybrid with CVT will not really sound good with a loud muffler. The engine will turn on and off at odd times and will produce a loud drone like a plane taking off during acceleration.
Old 02-14-18, 11:43 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 862 Likes on 650 Posts

Perhaps there is an exhaust designed for the 2.5L 4 cylinder Camry that will fit.
There is not a 4 cylinder Avalon (at least in USA) but maybe a Camry system
could be made to work.
Old 02-15-18, 01:41 AM
chromedome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 49 Likes on 45 Posts

I'll check with my dealer about aftermarket hybrid exhaust systems. I know they've done modded CTs and NX hybrids, although I haven't seen a single modded ES over at their place.

Do you want a cat-back system or just a free flowing muffler with dual tips? The latter would be easier to source. I'd think the hybrid would sound a bit flatulent when it charges at idle because the idle rpm is a lot higher than on non-hybrids. It could possibly sound better when accelerating but the idle sound could get irritating.
Old 02-15-18, 08:17 AM
Diuneilomo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by chromedome
I'll check with my dealer about aftermarket hybrid exhaust systems. I know they've done modded CTs and NX hybrids, although I haven't seen a single modded ES over at their place.

Do you want a cat-back system or just a free flowing muffler with dual tips? The latter would be easier to source. I'd think the hybrid would sound a bit flatulent when it charges at idle because the idle rpm is a lot higher than on non-hybrids. It could possibly sound better when accelerating but the idle sound could get irritating.
Actually I want to instal a set of valve exhaust system so that I can control the sound. The only exhaust I can find on the market is a Chinese brand called RES exhaust. Here is da link: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTcxMj...arefrom=iphone