Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2015 up NX300H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the NX300H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other first generation NX models.

Hybrid vs F-Sport

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-18, 04:56 PM
worldcat
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hybrid vs F-Sport

I am torn between these two vehicles. I want the mileage of the Hybrid but want the styling of the F-sport. Can anyone tell me how they like there Hybrid. When i drove the Hybrid i thought it was a little more balanced and the F-sport a little heavy in the front.
Old 04-01-18, 07:47 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 721 Likes on 528 Posts

We have really enjoyed our hybrid, but don’t let the mileage alone drive that decision as you will never make up the cost difference in fuel savings and if you keep a hybrid long-term you may want to plan on an eventual battery replacement. We also like the quieter smoother drivetrain, however some people criticize those very features. They don’t like the smoother transmission and consider it too “soft” but we have no issues with it. We also find it has plenty of power for our needs and it has no problem getting up to speed on freeway on ramps. If you want a sportier car and tend to more spirited driving, then you may favor the F-Sport, although we don’t really consider the NX a “sporty” car anyway. In addition, we do not consider the seats comfortable in the F-Sport, although I definitely like the appearance of the grill better on the F-Sport.

I wish US customers could get the Hybrid in F-Sport appearance package. The bottom line for me is that I have no regrets and if I were replacing it today it would most likely be another NX Hybrid.
Old 04-01-18, 07:55 PM
worldcat
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran the cost for every 10k you drive you save about 500. I will drive between 15k and 20k a year. The cost difference is only 950 now. Battery replacement is expensive but i do not know how long it will be before you have to replace them. Usually Hybrid have very little trouble less moving parts.
Old 04-03-18, 10:13 AM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

My experience with my last car, the RX 450h was that the battery was fine after 7 years of driving.
Old 04-03-18, 08:18 PM
ukrkoz
Racer

Received 226 Likes on 203 Posts

I had two hybrids, Camry and Highlander. Camry was a stellar car, averaged around 38-41 mpg. Highlander WAS a great car, averaged around 30mpg, until it developed undiagnosable shake rolling between 25-35 MPH, that's when you get best mpg.
I got tired of it and sold few months ago.
I downsized a bit to NX but I am driving 95% time alone, so no big deal and am averaging winter time 28.5mpg. That's not that far away from Highlander Hybrid, or HiHy.
To be honest, I'd rather not have hybrids again. Though they are super reliable, you just can't rid of that feeling that any moment something goes wrong and then it's thousands in repairs. just like that.
Old 04-03-18, 09:02 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 721 Likes on 528 Posts

I don’t think we would buy another car that isn’t a hybrid. We just like the numerous benefits, including the good fuel economy. However, my sister-in-law has a hybrid Camry and right around 10 years and 120K miles it required a new battery. It was $4600 at the dealer.
Old 04-04-18, 08:52 AM
lexus114
Lexus Champion

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by ukrkoz
I had two hybrids, Camry and Highlander. Camry was a stellar car, averaged around 38-41 mpg. Highlander WAS a great car, averaged around 30mpg, until it developed undiagnosable shake rolling between 25-35 MPH, that's when you get best mpg.
I got tired of it and sold few months ago.
I downsized a bit to NX but I am driving 95% time alone, so no big deal and am averaging winter time 28.5mpg. That's not that far away from Highlander Hybrid, or HiHy.
To be honest, I'd rather not have hybrids again. Though they are super reliable, you just can't rid of that feeling that any moment something goes wrong and then it's thousands in repairs. just like that.
wow? i only ever get 20.5-22.0 mpg`s? are you mostly highway driving?