Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the LS600h L model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the LS600h. Please use the main 4LS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation LS models.

Tempted by 2010 LS600hL

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-18, 06:41 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,751 Likes on 1,968 Posts

Congrats! Glad you’re getting what you want!
Old 04-27-18, 06:53 AM
All4Lexus
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by riknchar
Sorry Satiger, I've decided to buy this LS600hL. I've always coveted the fully loaded LS600hLs, and have secretly always wished I had one with the LKA, DRCC, and Rear Seat Executive Pkg (though I'll really never ride in the back).

The dealer told me I was the only "local" person who had inquired about this car, but he said he's been fielding lots of calls from all over the country about it. I like the idea of owning such a unique car! I'm sure I won't run across another one "in the wild" for a long time (if ever). As of right now, there are exactly zero 2010 LS600s available nationwide on CarGurus (since I bought this one).
Congrats on the decision, even though I advised otherwise. You gave the alternative a full consideration and decided not to continue the casual searching for the next best thing to come along.
Life is short so enjoy it for what it is worth. The difference here is you had a previous experience with this type of car and that is huge. I had a similar experience but the car decision ended up badly with the GERMANS, hence I am All4Lexus
Old 04-27-18, 06:55 AM
riknchar
Instructor

Received 229 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Congrats! Glad you’re getting what you want!
Thanks Steve! I've been incredibly squirrely with my car purchases over the past year, but I really feel good about the LS600hL. My previous 600 was the favorite car I've ever owned (shouldn't have traded that one). I had a similar situation with my SC430 a couple of years ago, and I apparently didn't learn my lesson (traded my '09 Pebble Beach for a newer IS350C and instantly regretted it).

With this new LS600, there really won't be any Lexus options/features left for me to "covet..."
Old 04-27-18, 07:06 AM
riknchar
Instructor

Originally Posted by ryanSC300lover
Lexus of Omaha is showing it performed "Body service' on this car on November 2012 . What is that?
Ryan, Thanks for looking over the car's history. All I see from the detailed Lexus service records was an entry for 11/20/12 saying the dealer found a broken wiper arm and ordered a replacement. Definitely not an accident. The service history also shows that the Center Console Ashtray assembly was replaced when the door got stuck shut. I also see that in 2013, 3 wheels were refinished, the rear bumper was replaced, and the rear bumper fascia was refinished. Not sure what that was about, but the repairs were done by Lexus of Omaha and everything looks good now. The car has been serviced at Lexus of Omaha for every single 5K service since new.
Old 04-27-18, 09:05 AM
02gita
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

congrats @riknchar! i followed your other journey with the most recent purchase and its been exciting reading about this one! enjoy your car. I inspire to own a LS 460 sport or 13: Fsport. just waiting for the right one to pop up in my area. cant wait to see pics!
Old 04-27-18, 09:22 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 296 Likes on 254 Posts

Sorry Satiger, I've decided to buy this LS600hL. I've always coveted the fully loaded LS600hLs, and have secretly always wished I had one with the LKA, DRCC, and Rear Seat Executive Pkg (though I'll really never ride in the back).

The dealer told me I was the only "local" person who had inquired about this car, but he said he's been fielding lots of calls from all over the country about it. I like the idea of owning such a unique car! I'm sure I won't run across another one "in the wild" for a long time (if ever). As of right now, there are exactly zero 2010 LS600s available nationwide on CarGurus (since I bought this one).
Congrats, riknchar! The car looks awesome! I can't wait to see more pics, especially of the stereo cameras (for LKA and pedestrian detection) on this 2010 car. I have a feeling your vehicle may also be equipped for night vision using the IR camera, a feature that was discontinued in 2014+ cars. So, are you still going to keep checking cargurus and autotrader??
Old 04-27-18, 10:10 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 88 Likes on 68 Posts

Glad to hear you got the car.

Long live the 600hL

Okay, thanks to everyone for a lively chat today!

I've decided to push ahead and get the car (yes, my wife will be slightly annoyed, but I make great money and cars are really my only hobby). I have negotiated a price of $8,500 trade difference, and have agreed to handle the body work and key card acquisition on my own (I'd feel more comfortable using my trusted body shop, and I've "cracked the code" on getting the right key card via Amazon for $205).

The dealer has agreed to let me swap out my rims/tires and my extra plush floor mats (that I just got, and which will fit perfectly in the LS600). The dealer will have the windows professionally tinted (I'm going with 20% front and back - should look great with this dark colored car). The dealer will have the leather seats professionally cleaned/rejuvenated. The dealer will have the exterior professionally waxed/clay barred to get rid of a few minor swirl marks I found in the paint.

I'll still need to pull my Prestigious Society Nav bypass module out and have it reinstalled in the LS600 (I love that device!).

I should be able to pick up the new car on Saturday afternoon! I really do love the Peridot Mica color - it's such a dark, sparkly green color. And the Parchment 2-tone interior is very nice too. I've attached the build sheet below so everyone can see just what a "unicorn" this car is.

Thanks to all who encouraged me to make the leap! I'll post some nice photos once I take possession this weekend.
Old 04-27-18, 11:27 AM
Mbbarron
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Congrats on your Unicorn find. Sounds like a good negotiation there as well. I'm also giddy with excitement about what I also think is a unicorn find (although not quite like yours!) and hope it works out. Good luck and of course post pics when you have your beauty!
Old 04-27-18, 12:18 PM
riknchar
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mbbarron
Congrats on your Unicorn find. Sounds like a good negotiation there as well. I'm also giddy with excitement about what I also think is a unicorn find (although not quite like yours!) and hope it works out. Good luck and of course post pics when you have your beauty!
Good luck with your "Unicorn!"
The following users liked this post:
Mbbarron (04-27-18)
Old 04-27-18, 09:56 PM
Higgie
Pit Crew

Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts

2600 RPM @ 210 KPH (130 MPH). Try that in a 460!
Supersmooth car, love that CVT.

Old 04-28-18, 07:38 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,751 Likes on 1,968 Posts

Its such a unique color too...
Old 04-28-18, 01:27 PM
Lead Lap

Received 790 Likes on 536 Posts

Guys can you tell me if th control arm issues affect the 2013+ facelift models?

If not I’ll grab this 2013 ls600h with 72,000km on the clock.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/use...1555510623.htm
Old 04-28-18, 01:34 PM
Cubbylex
Intermediate

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Congratulations on the 600.

I really love love this color as well.

Hope you enjoy this one for a long time.

Would you post before and after pictures of the details and other cleanup fixes?

Thanks for sharing your journey.

Cubby
Old 04-28-18, 02:01 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by 703
Guys can you tell me if th control arm issues affect the 2013+ facelift models?

If not I’ll grab this 2013 ls600h with 72,000km on the clock.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/use...1555510623.htm
I have done some service/maintenance checks for 2013+ models and some had to have control arms prematurely replaced so the issue was not fixed. Maybe it is better then the pre 2013 but it is not fixed and the "fix"/new design on 2010+ LS's for the control arms did pretty much nothing, it is still common for them fail prematurely/make noises.
Old 04-28-18, 03:00 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 65 Posts

Well, first and foremost, congratulations, Rick! Secondly, where the heck are you and the photos of the car post-delivery?! It's almost 6 PM out here! Kidding aside, I thought you'd be picking up today.

One thought, FWIW, since they're restoring your headlights, is that you may want to apply Xpel film on them afterwards. Cost is on the order of $100, and while I've had this on every car for many years, somehow it didn't cross my mind the other day when posting about what to ask for as part of the deal, etc.

Gorgeous car, and indeed a ridiculously rare color, as Steve pointed out. On a side note, I am partial to dark colors (especially dark blue) and will always remember that soon after I bought Maximus, a blue (also rare - Black Opal Mica) 600hL came up for sale. I had begun to kick myself, when I then realized I was looking at the first (of many I've seen since then) 600hL with no DRCC, no RSES, etc.

Looking forward to updates and more photos!

Quick Reply: Tempted by 2010 LS600hL