Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the LS600h L model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the LS600h. Please use the main 4LS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation LS models.

Tempted by 2010 LS600hL

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-18 | 05:06 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by riknchar
As I blissfully have been driving my new-to-me 2010 LS460L AWD for the past 3 months, I've made the mistake of continuing to check out CarGurus while bored, and have come upon a pretty amazing deal on a LS600hL that I now can't "unsee..."

Here's a link to the LS600hL: https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=204122922

I'm going to head to the dealer today to do a thorough test drive and walk-around of this car. Any advice for me from the forum on this car? Thanks!
lol, you've worded that so perfectly, and its a huge problem or me as well

There are always some deals lingering around, and it actually causes a lot of stress when you see them, cause you contemplate buying it, but u don't actually NEED it, but you WANT it, and your mind goes round and round and ur never quite content with what you have.

For example, last week I arranged with a dealer to buy a 2007 FULLY LOADED Executive package reclining seat with ottoman, fridge, Drop down TV , and all the fixings with 189 000 kms for $ 11 000 Canadian , apparently it had new air suspension installed last year and new brakes installed this year .

I arranged to buy it, it was a 12 hour round trip drive from me, and after my mind racing for days as to whether or not I even wanted the thing, I delayed my arrival past our agreed date and he sold it.

I have these dilemnas all the time
Old 04-29-18 | 05:32 AM
satiger
Instructor

Where are the photos ????? Its Sunday now.....lol !!
Old 04-29-18 | 05:03 PM
riknchar
Instructor

Originally Posted by satiger
Where are the photos ????? Its Sunday now.....lol !!
Sorry for my tardiness! I started a new post with some initial photos. I've been crazy busy this weekend, and I'm still trying to figure out some of the rear seat options.

Thanks for your encouragement! I LOVE the new LS600hL!!!
Old 01-01-20 | 12:23 PM
jakrambl
Driver School Candidate

Old thread but if you guys are still active or to anyone that has a 2007-2009 executive package LS460, I am in the market and would love to talk numbers! Have been looking online but havent seen many/any.

Thanks yall!!
Old 01-03-20 | 07:03 AM
riknchar
Instructor

Originally Posted by jakrambl
Old thread but if you guys are still active or to anyone that has a 2007-2009 executive package LS460, I am in the market and would love to talk numbers! Have been looking online but havent seen many/any.

Thanks yall!!
They are fairly rare, but if you're patient and expand your search nationwide you'll eventually find some good ones to pick from. The good news is that the Executive Package cars don't really command much of a premium these days over a "standard" LS460. So you end up getting this $12k option for basically free on the older LS460s (or LS600hLs). Of course, you give up one seat in the back to get this option, but the reaction from your friends when they sit in the "executive seat" and get a Shiatzu massage is worth it! Good luck in your hunt!
Old 01-03-20 | 08:14 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

They are fairly rare, but if you're patient and expand your search nationwide you'll eventually find some good ones to pick from. The good news is that the Executive Package cars don't really command much of a premium these days over a "standard" LS460. So you end up getting this $12k option for basically free on the older LS460s (or LS600hLs). Of course, you give up one seat in the back to get this option, but the reaction from your friends when they sit in the "executive seat" and get a Shiatzu massage is worth it! Good luck in your hunt!
Hi Rick,
Have you ever sat in the ottoman seat getting a shiatsu massage when someone else is driving your 600hL on a long trip? I have so much fun driving the car that I have never enjoyed the comfort of my reclining and massaging rear seats on a long drive. It's not the same as experiencing the massaging seat parked in the driveway
Old 01-03-20 | 09:12 AM
riknchar
Instructor

Originally Posted by comotiger
Hi Rick,
Have you ever sat in the ottoman seat getting a shiatsu massage when someone else is driving your 600hL on a long trip? I have so much fun driving the car that I have never enjoyed the comfort of my reclining and massaging rear seats on a long drive. It's not the same as experiencing the massaging seat parked in the driveway
AC: I have to admit I have not gotten that experience just yet, but I'll bet it will be AMAZING if it ever happens! I have had many Real Estate clients take advantage of the Shiatzu massage feature when I driving them around looking at homes, and it does seem to relax them and put them in the mood to buy houses, which is a definite PLUS for a Realtor ;-)

My son just turned 12, so perhaps in 4 years I can convince him to chauffeur me around properly in my LS600hL! Although I'm not sure how relaxing that would be ;-)
Old 01-03-20 | 11:41 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

AC: I have to admit I have not gotten that experience just yet, but I'll bet it will be AMAZING if it ever happens! I have had many Real Estate clients take advantage of the Shiatzu massage feature when I driving them around looking at homes, and it does seem to relax them and put them in the mood to buy houses, which is a definite PLUS for a Realtor ;-)

My son just turned 12, so perhaps in 4 years I can convince him to chauffeur me around properly in my LS600hL! Although I'm not sure how relaxing that would be ;-)
The things you have to do to keep the money rolling in

My 17 year old gets to ride in the LS. I am not letting anyone else drive my Lexus