Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the LS600h L model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the LS600h. Please use the main 4LS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation LS models.

My "New" 2010 LS600hL!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-18, 04:29 AM
electro992
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
All I can say is I have bought 4 sets of these tires, three of which have been on LS460s and I have never had an issue with all 4 balancing right away under 10lbs of road force, and I've never had an issue with them losing balance as they age which I've had happen with other tires.
Steve, could you share what shop you use for road force balancing? Have been looking for a good place in the DMV area. Many places say they will do it, but not all of them have the proper machine.
Old 05-08-18, 05:07 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by comotiger
But I am also wondering whether the flat-spotting issue is specific to the Pirellis. I drive my Lexus only 2-3 times a week, so flat-spotting is a potential concern for me if I get the P7s. Steve, is it possible you are seeing this "problem" because you somewhat under-inflate your tires to 30-31 psi?
comotiger - I frequently go 2 to 3 days without driving my car. And I somewhat frequently go 2 to 3 weeks without driving it. I've never noticed any flat spotting. I keep my tires in the 34 - 35 psi range.
Old 05-08-18, 08:40 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,956 Posts

Originally Posted by comotiger
So, I am close to buying new tires for my car. I don't have Discount Tire anywhere within 100 miles of where I live, so will be using a tire store in my neighborhood. Hoping to get the new tires before Memorial Day travel.

I am leaning toward the Pirelli P7s to save 10% over the Michelin Premiers. But I am also wondering whether the flat-spotting issue is specific to the Pirellis. I drive my Lexus only 2-3 times a week, so flat-spotting is a potential concern for me if I get the P7s. Steve, is it possible you are seeing this "problem" because you somewhat under-inflate your tires to 30-31 psi?
I've actually been running mine at 33 PSI cold for the last month or so, I actually think it rides better. No difference in the flat spotting, still seems to be there in the mornings. Like I said though, none of the other sets I had have this issue, may just be a fluke. All in all its no big deal and I would get the P7s again without hesitation.

Originally Posted by electro992
Steve, could you share what shop you use for road force balancing? Have been looking for a good place in the DMV area. Many places say they will do it, but not all of them have the proper machine.
Sure, its Precision Auto in Germantown. They always install tires I order from TireRack and do my road force balancing. They are excellent!
Old 05-09-18, 05:56 AM
Nospinzone

Received 424 Likes on 327 Posts

How did I miss this thread, I must have been asleep at the wheel.

Congrats and I wish you good luck with the car! I've at times harbored thoughts of exchanging my LS for one.

As to this question, I didn't see it addressed -

4. I chose to not have the selling dealer do the exterior waxing/clay-barring to remove some very light swirls I can see in the clear coat. I wasn't sure how good a job they would do. They gave me $200 back to have a detailer of my choice do this work. Lexus of Omaha offers the full exterior wax package for $199. They did a pretty nice job of getting my LS460L paint looking like new. Should I let them do my new LS600, or should I take the car to a shop dedicated to this work (which would actually be a bit cheaper)? I'll need to take the car to Lexus for the Key Card programming anyway, so they could do the wax work at the same time... Somewhat tempting...

I would recommend that you get a coating rather than a wax job. I would also have it done by a competent detail shop in your area. Some dealers have the car done by an outside shop and just tack on a premium to you anyway. Check out the Automotive Care & Detailing forum here for some great info. Zach (zmcgovern4) is a great resource if you have thoughts of doing it yourself.
Old 05-09-18, 06:37 AM
riknchar
Instructor

Received 228 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
How did I miss this thread, I must have been asleep at the wheel.

Congrats and I wish you good luck with the car! I've at times harbored thoughts of exchanging my LS for one.

As to this question, I didn't see it addressed -

4. I chose to not have the selling dealer do the exterior waxing/clay-barring to remove some very light swirls I can see in the clear coat. I wasn't sure how good a job they would do. They gave me $200 back to have a detailer of my choice do this work. Lexus of Omaha offers the full exterior wax package for $199. They did a pretty nice job of getting my LS460L paint looking like new. Should I let them do my new LS600, or should I take the car to a shop dedicated to this work (which would actually be a bit cheaper)? I'll need to take the car to Lexus for the Key Card programming anyway, so they could do the wax work at the same time... Somewhat tempting...

I would recommend that you get a coating rather than a wax job. I would also have it done by a competent detail shop in your area. Some dealers have the car done by an outside shop and just tack on a premium to you anyway. Check out the Automotive Care & Detailing forum here for some great info. Zach (zmcgovern4) is a great resource if you have thoughts of doing it yourself.
Thanks Paul! I actually just ended up having Lexus do the full exterior package on my car when I had it in for the Key Card programming. I've found their detail work to be good. They did a very nice job of cleaning, clay-barring, buffing, and generally bringing everything back to looking like new.

The only thing left to do is to figure out who should do the front bumper cover replacement. I've had two bids from local body shops. One was for $1550, but it included a strange $250 charge for "testing/reprogramming" the proximity sensors. The other local body shop gave me a bid of $1170 including tax. Lexus of Omaha said they would do the bumper cover replacement for around $1250 plus tax. The dent is really just a small nuisance - it's just a dimple about 2 inches long by 1 inch wide. I have a feeling if I put off the repair, I'll eventually just semi-forget about it, and it will get harder and harder to justify dropping $1200 on this minor issue. When I bought the car, the selling dealer dropped the price of the car by $1200 to account for the repair. I should probably just go ahead and have it done to bring the car back to "brand new" (looks wise) status...
Old 05-09-18, 06:40 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I would have it done for sure. Having seen it in pics it sticks out on the front for sure.

Have you ever had work done by any of these shops?
Old 05-09-18, 06:47 AM
riknchar
Instructor

I know you're right, Steve. It will almost certainly drive me slowly crazy to have this as the only flaw to an otherwise incredible car. There are other rock chips and scratches on the front bumper cover (like most cars with 66k miles) that would be nice to get rid of all at once.

I've actually had work done by all three of the shops I'm considering. I think any of the three will do a great job on the bumper cover replacement. All three will stand behind their work also, so if the color doesn't match right, they will redo. I'll probably go with the $1170 total cost shop. They are a "Ma-and-Pa" very small local shop, and they have been around for over 40 years in my small town.
Old 05-09-18, 07:16 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Sounds like the place!
Old 05-09-18, 07:56 AM
Nospinzone

Without going back, I think you said you intend to keep the car long term. If that's the case I would definitely have it repaired.
Old 05-11-18, 07:33 AM
Mbbarron
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Vanity plate suggestion: spin on luxury LEXURY
Old 05-11-18, 07:38 AM
riknchar
Instructor

Back to trying to think of fun Vanity Plate ideas...

GRN PWR
LEXTC
LS 600
ARRVED
NVGREEN

All of these are available...

I'm trying to strike the right balance between clever an interesting without too much doucheness...
Old 05-11-18, 07:53 AM
Mbbarron
Intermediate

Originally Posted by riknchar

GRN PWR
LEXTC
LS 600
ARRVED
NVGREEN

I'm trying to strike the right balance between clever an interesting without too much doucheness...
I vote for referencing the color based on how unique it is. Either with GRN600L or PRDT600 or GNLXRY
Old 05-11-18, 07:37 PM
Nospinzone

LEXTC is clever. Is LEXTZY available?
Old 05-21-18, 06:39 PM
k311in
Pit Crew

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Just saw this color in person on a es. And I gotta say just beautiful
Old 05-24-18, 12:51 PM
Mbbarron
Intermediate

Originally Posted by riknchar

GRN PWR
LEXTC
LS 600
ARRVED
NVGREEN

So Rick, did you decide on a vanity plate?

Quick Reply: My "New" 2010 LS600hL!