Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the LS600h L model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the LS600h. Please use the main 4LS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation LS models.

My "New" 2010 LS600hL!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-18, 01:45 PM
riknchar
Instructor

Received 228 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Mbbarron
So Rick, did you decide on a vanity plate?
Michele, No, I'm really torn on this, so I've put off a decision. I really love my new LS600, and like the idea of a special license plate, but need to find one that is unique, interesting, but totally non-braggy/pretentious. My wife is the humblest person I've ever met, and totally rejects any flaunting of our hard-earned wealth (I'm a retired Air Force officer who still works full time for the AF as a civilian, and I run a profitable photography business on the side). She already doesn't like the fact that I own such a nice car (flashy, she thinks), and if I pick something cool like "LexTC" she'll be mortified. If I go simple, like "LS 600," I'm not sure it's interesting or unique enough. I'm definitely still open to fun suggestions!

How about you? Still loving your new LS? Are you going to do a vanity plate? Any other things you have planned to spruce up your beautiful "unicorn?"
Old 05-25-18, 06:18 AM
riknchar
Instructor

I thought I'd post a few more photos of my "new" 2010 LS600hL since I just cleaned her up. I'm still loving the Peridot Mica color, and the car itself is incredible.

Old 05-25-18, 07:35 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

An ASC and your stance would be even better. But heckuva nice vehicle either way.
Old 05-25-18, 08:44 AM
Mbbarron
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by riknchar
Michele, No, I'm really torn on this, so I've put off a decision. I really love my new LS600, and like the idea of a special license plate, but need to find one that is unique, interesting, but totally non-braggy/pretentious. My wife is the humblest person I've ever met, and totally rejects any flaunting of our hard-earned wealth (I'm a retired Air Force officer who still works full time for the AF as a civilian, and I run a profitable photography business on the side). She already doesn't like the fact that I own such a nice car (flashy, she thinks), and if I pick something cool like "LexTC" she'll be mortified. If I go simple, like "LS 600," I'm not sure it's interesting or unique enough. I'm definitely still open to fun suggestions!

How about you? Still loving your new LS? Are you going to do a vanity plate? Any other things you have planned to spruce up your beautiful "unicorn?"
I understand completely. My husband is the same way as your wife. He asked me not to post on FB announcing my new car so as not to give an appearance of showing off. I think my friends would be happy for me after nearly 13 years in the minivan, but I see his point. I'm not a big on FB posts anyway so it's not a big deal either way. No vanity plates for me. Just Chesapeake Bay tags to support our Bay.

I still think you should focus on how unique the color is. Even something as simple as PERIDOT. Then it's not flashy calling attention to it being a luxury vehicle, but recognizing the unique value of the color.

Thanks for posting pics! It's a beauty! I want to take pics of mine freshly cleaned, but I rinsed and dried mine off yesterday and literally an hour later, the layer of yellow pollen had settled in yet again. This pollen season is killing me!
Old 05-31-18, 06:21 AM
riknchar
Instructor

I just got my LS600hL back from my local trusted body shop after having the front bumper cover replaced. The original bumper was somewhat scratched up and had a very noticeable dent in the plastic. When I bought the car last month, I was able to get the dealer to drop the final price by $1200 to cover the cost of the bumper repair. My local shop charged $1100 and did a great job of matching the Peridot Mica paint color. Everything is perfect about my car now, and I'm LOVING it!

Here are a few photos - the first shows the bumper dent, and the next couple show how the new bumper looks now. Still really loving the sparkly green color! Final photo captures some of the sparkle I enjoy so much.

Old 05-31-18, 06:23 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,956 Posts

Awesome! Well worth doing.
Old 05-31-18, 06:36 AM
riknchar
Instructor

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Awesome! Well worth doing.
Thanks Steve! Yeah, I was sort of on the fence after I got the car, and your little "nudge" in an earlier post helped convince me that I should just go for it. I'm glad I did. My OCD would have made that front dent get under my skin every time I walked up to the car.