Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the ES300h model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the ES300h. Please use the main 6ES forum for discussion about shared components with other sixth generation ES models.

ES 300h - Hybrid battery replacement.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-20, 08:17 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by perezdr
This is the dismantling manual I found.

As always, a disclaimer that it can be a dangerous process and your Lexus might not need it. if you see the instructions in the SB above, only vehicles like taxis might qualify for the amount of use you would have to be doing in order to have to clean up the blower once in a while.
I drive uber full time around 65k per year bought the car one year ago with 35k now has 97k i think I would qualify for needing to do this .
The following users liked this post:
jjchicago (08-06-20)
Old 08-06-20, 08:23 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

i wish that i could find out for sure is this fan at the top of my 2016 HV battery or is ti only 2013-2014 cause the two posts that are above say those years specific and when looking online at HV EV battery the 2013-2015 have differnt part number than the 2016-2018 so im now wondering and trying to find out for sure about this
so am i understanding correctly that to get to the fan if it is in my car where the lsits say it is going to be though the trunk not the back seat ?
Old 08-06-20, 10:08 PM
jjchicago
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ThumperPup
I drive uber full time around 65k per year bought the car one year ago with 35k now has 97k i think I would qualify for needing to do this .
Absolutely, but not just you. I can promise you that bulliten from 2014 is outdated. Lexus now recommends the filter on the newer models are cleaned every 5000 miles. The older cars don't have a filter so all the dust and debris and hair etc goes directly to the hybrid cooling fan. This has been a major issue with Toyota Hybrids. But fanboys are quick to scold and discourage anyone that doesn't say anything good about lexus toyota. See https://uberpeople.net/threads/camry...failed.360720/

Last edited by jjchicago; 08-06-20 at 10:12 PM.
Old 08-08-20, 12:19 PM
jjchicago
Driver School Candidate

i wish that i could find out for sure is this fan at the top of my 2016 HV battery or is ti only 2013-2014 cause the two posts that are above say those years specific and when looking online at HV EV battery the 2013-2015 have differnt part number than the 2016-2018 so im now wondering and trying to find out for sure about this
so am i understanding correctly that to get to the fan if it is in my car where the lsits say it is going to be though the trunk not the back seat ?
See
https://uberpeople.net/threads/toyot...locked.365435/
Old 08-30-20, 02:31 PM
NdYAG
Advanced

Received 189 Likes on 131 Posts

Here is a report of 560k miles (and still going) on original CT200h battery:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ct-...milestone.html

Old 08-31-20, 09:56 AM
jjchicago
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NdYAG
Here is a report of 560k miles (and still going) on original CT200h battery:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ct-...milestone.html
I read that post and the guy says he got close to 500k before having to change the 12v battery. I find that hard to believe and credibility of the post is in question because he's in texas just like me. The heat and humidity is the arch enemy of batteries and I've been through 2 12v batteries in 100k miles. No way in gods green earth I'm getting 500k miles out of the 12v battery under the best driving conditions. 😏
Old 09-02-20, 10:41 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Originally Posted by jjchicago

thank you for the link to this I appreciate it it helped me with a good portion of my questions
after watching this video

i am wondering is my back seat of the ES300H 2016 support to flip down like that or do I need to take the entire back of the back seat out of the car not just flip it down and then also remove the paneling in the trunk
the fan I didn't see it assembled on the battery when I saw them dusting it off so is it right to think the fan sit on top of the battery to the left ? or is that incorrect been looking trying to find photos of the fan on the battery where I can find it on the 2016 ES300h but cant seem to find a full assembled picture that shows that clearly so I know what to do
and I'm happy to find out that I don't have to dissemble the battery at all that helps me to feel safer about this.
Old 09-02-20, 10:42 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

I read that post and the guy says he got close to 500k before having to change the 12v battery. I find that hard to believe and credibility of the post is in question because he's in texas just like me. The heat and humidity is the arch enemy of batteries and I've been through 2 12v batteries in 100k miles. No way in gods green earth I'm getting 500k miles out of the 12v battery under the best driving conditions. 😏

omg maybe if he drove 500k in 2 years perhaps
but i don't think that's going to happen
my 2016 was just a few months under 4 years old with 37k when I bought it and the battery tested bad the 12v
jjchicago (09-02-20)
Old 09-02-20, 10:57 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Fan is the white box sitting on the top left of the battery. When you look at it from behind.
https://youtu.be/JXp_3Awb-SQ

https://youtu.be/1fGS1fRFsGI
thank you for this
i don't want to sound like an idiot here
its just whats confusing me is I guess with my learning disability if id not see the exact process of it being done and it has to be detail like have to see steps for it in my car how to get to it and see how people do that so that i can copy what they are doing in real life than its very hard for me to learn and understand how to do it.

i even called up a Hybrid Battery company called priusKings in Utah asked them if they could do this for me what they would charge for the service and the reply i get back is
our tech does not have parts for lexus form someone who clearly doesn't speak English well
then explained i don't want or need parts its not bad its fine just want it cleaned
i get a reply saying our tech does not work on Lexus vehicle
im like the first instinct is to reply and say you Stupid Iginorage Idoit B are so dumb you can't even understand English to say hey lexus is Toyota and if your name is prius kings then yous should be able to work on lexus
take my money do what I'm asking your to do as a service but no i did not say all that but i wanted to.
Old 09-02-20, 11:17 PM
jjchicago
Driver School Candidate

omg maybe if he drove 500k in 2 years perhaps
but i don't think that's going to happen
my 2016 was just a few months under 4 years old with 37k when I bought it and the battery tested bad the 12v
Yeah and the headlights are only good for 90k but people may get up to 300k but 500k i can't believe. I'm starting to think people from lexus might comment in this forum. Also, the door actuators go bad too. There's tons of people on this site with door actuators going bad too.
Old 09-02-20, 11:20 PM
jjchicago
Driver School Candidate

thank you for this
i don't want to sound like an idiot here
its just whats confusing me is I guess with my learning disability if id not see the exact process of it being done and it has to be detail like have to see steps for it in my car how to get to it and see how people do that so that i can copy what they are doing in real life than its very hard for me to learn and understand how to do it.

i even called up a Hybrid Battery company called priusKings in Utah asked them if they could do this for me what they would charge for the service and the reply i get back is
our tech does not have parts for lexus form someone who clearly doesn't speak English well
then explained i don't want or need parts its not bad its fine just want it cleaned
i get a reply saying our tech does not work on Lexus vehicle
im like the first instinct is to reply and say you Stupid Iginorage Idoit B are so dumb you can't even understand English to say hey lexus is Toyota and if your name is prius kings then yous should be able to work on lexus
take my money do what I'm asking your to do as a service but no i did not say all that but i wanted to.
Yeah i called some guys too. A few know about it others don't as it's too new. But take a look here. You should create a video too on how to clean it. You can see him disconnect the fan on this 2014 lexus es300h. See

Last edited by jjchicago; 09-02-20 at 11:39 PM.
Old 09-03-20, 07:39 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Yeah i called some guys too. A few know about it others don't as it's too new. But take a look here. You should create a video too on how to clean it. You can see him disconnect the fan on this 2014 lexus es300h. See https://youtu.be/4V4ypK3F2rY
thank you for this video
it is a little overwhelming at first a bit fo anxiety over will I be able to do it without doing more bad than good
im the guy who put the computer back together and I forgot to plug the internal battery back into my laptop I realized so had to take the entire laptop apart again just to do that all because I wanted to upgrade the ram lol.
BUt i think I can do this.
my question is since I'm not taking the entire battery out all I'm going for is the Fan to the HV battery do I even need to remove the back seat at all ? bottom or top
or should I be able to get that fan out without having to remove eth ebakc seat parts also ?

another side note off this topic
i spoke with Dave one of the forum administrator and he said that when he has a moment near the PC he will start to work on a separate area for the ES hybrid since the other models have them he will work on that for the ES also
Old 09-03-20, 07:50 PM
NdYAG
Advanced

Received 189 Likes on 131 Posts

You are giving people here too much credit if you think they will be able to properly post only hybrid-specific question on the hybrid forum and all other questions in the general forum. From my experience such division only creates more mess. The only result is that now you will need to search two forums for any questions instead of just one.
Old 09-03-20, 11:33 PM
12jimmyjam
Advanced

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Having a bank of information related to the ES hybrid would be helpful and probably stimulate posts related to it. I actually have to search through other model forums to get hybrid specific info. Mods can always move posts. Why open it up to other models but not the ES?
Old 09-04-20, 09:07 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 714 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by NdYAG
You are giving people here too much credit if you think they will be able to properly post only hybrid-specific question on the hybrid forum and all other questions in the general forum. From my experience such division only creates more mess. The only result is that now you will need to search two forums for any questions instead of just one.
Agreed. This has been my experience with the NX forum. For the most part, people just post to the general NX forum and posts to the hybrid specific area are rare.
NdYAG (09-04-20)

Quick Reply: ES 300h - Hybrid battery replacement.