Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the ES300h model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the ES300h. Please use the main 7ES forum for discussion about shared components with other seventh generation ES models.

2019 ES300H LUX drivers seat

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-19, 07:02 PM
str8aero
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm a newbie here, and new to Lexus so I'm not too familiar with all the different models. So this may or may not mean anything to this discussion...
I recently bought a 2019 ES UL. I had remembered reading something about the drivers seat being redesigned - Lexus spend three years re-designing the seat. Out of that they changed something to do with the pelvic alignment. I discovered there is a power adjustment for that on the drivers seat - on the round button that adjusts the lumbar support (forward and back on that button)... but the up and down on that button adjusts the 'pelvic support'. When I took delivery of the car it was never mentioned... I ran across it initially reviewing some marketing information from Lexus; then went to the owners manual and discovered the adjustment. If I hadn't read about it I never would have know it was there... or figured out how to adjust it!
No idea if this is the same in your car or if it is relevant at all... just thought I'd bring it up!
The following users liked this post:
dxh9000 (07-07-24)
Old 02-11-19, 07:14 PM
Steve300h
Rookie

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by str8aero
I'm a newbie here, and new to Lexus so I'm not too familiar with all the different models. So this may or may not mean anything to this discussion...
I recently bought a 2019 ES UL. I had remembered reading something about the drivers seat being redesigned - Lexus spend three years re-designing the seat. Out of that they changed something to do with the pelvic alignment. I discovered there is a power adjustment for that on the drivers seat - on the round button that adjusts the lumbar support (forward and back on that button)... but the up and down on that button adjusts the 'pelvic support'. When I took delivery of the car it was never mentioned... I ran across it initially reviewing some marketing information from Lexus; then went to the owners manual and discovered the adjustment. If I hadn't read about it I never would have know it was there... or figured out how to adjust it!
No idea if this is the same in your car or if it is relevant at all... just thought I'd bring it up!
Huh. A quick search of the owners manual for my ES300h does mention a "pelvic" support adjustment. Hold on why I go try that......

Nope. What the manual lists as a possible "pelvic" adjustment just moves the lumbar support up and down.

Last edited by Steve300h; 02-11-19 at 07:19 PM.
Old 02-13-19, 06:58 PM
pgiinc
Intermediate

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by pgiinc
anyone have a link to 2019 es300h parts schematics seats for example

thanks
here it is

Old 06-07-21, 08:53 PM
erlnet
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the exact same problem with a 2013 Avalon Limited Hybrid I purchased and had to take it to an upholstery shop to try to fix. I am now looking at a 2019 or 2020 ES300h; does anyone know if the problem still exists or if it has been resolved? I really understand what ppgiinc is referring to. BTW when I was looking into it for the Avalon I was told it might have been related to the cooling in the seats.
Old 06-08-21, 04:45 AM
pgiinc
Intermediate

Originally Posted by erlnet
I had the exact same problem with a 2013 Avalon Limited Hybrid I purchased and had to take it to an upholstery shop to try to fix. I am now looking at a 2019 or 2020 ES300h; does anyone know if the problem still exists or if it has been resolved? I really understand what ppgiinc is referring to. BTW when I was looking into it for the Avalon I was told it might have been related to the cooling in the seats.
my 2019 es300h luxury had same problem with seat bar I sold it and bought a palisade limited
Old 06-08-21, 07:34 AM
erlnet
9th Gear

pgiinc, from your original post and as someone sensitive to the issue, you were saying that the 2016 ES300h you had did not have the issue? Since I am looking for a used car maybe I'll go that route. Any idea if 2017 and 2018 might be the same as the 2016? That Palisade was sure a change from the ES300h, but I understand, after the Avalon I went with an Outback.
Old 06-08-21, 07:42 AM
pgiinc
Intermediate

The 2016 really was not as bad it was also the es300h luxury edition with front extension I drove it for 3 years and ordered a 2019 it hurt my butt again I sold it
Old 06-18-21, 07:35 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,155 Likes on 1,619 Posts

I have to say my butt is starting to hurt in my 2021 ES, less than 3,000 miles. The driver's seat has a noticeable indentation on the lower cushion. This implies the foam is not supportive enough and has allowed the brand new vinyl to already stretch causing a permanent wear mark. Not huge, but noticeable. My CT200h F Sport from 2015 with 60,000 miles had zero wear marks on the seat, zero indentation. Zero stretching. Zero zero zero signs of any wear whatsoever. Just a super thick cushiony area to put your butt on. The padding on ES feels inadequate and is causing a "hot spot", particularly on the right side of my body. I do not feel any metal, just inadequate support.

It's ironic because articles say the seats and particularly the butt section is what engineers paid particularly close attention to perfecting over a three year time period. These are some of the worst seats, after some use, that I've experienced. My 2016 IS200T F Sport had no such problems, and neither did my CT200h or my 2002 BMW 3 Series. I'm thinking of buying a cushion to put on top of the seat... like you would in a beat up 1984 Corolla with 600,000 miles. lol

“The moment you sit in the new ES, you’ll notice that your posture feels just right. There’s no need to squirm around until you find the right position," Lexus ES lead engineer Takeshi Kawano said. “Then, once you’re seated, your lower back is fully supported. You’ll feel at ease and, no matter the G-forces acting on the car from any direction, your posture never wavers."

Old 06-18-21, 07:52 AM
erlnet
9th Gear

Does your new ES have cooled seats and the adjustable thigh support? After test driving some ES models from earlier years, I think that is where the problem lies. I drove a 2018 model that did not have the cooled or adjustable thigh support seats and it did not have the problem. Since it didn't, I also test drove a new 2021 Avalon that did not have the cooled seats or adjustable thigh support and low and behold it didn't either. So I ended up buying the new Avalon.
Old 06-18-21, 08:53 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,155 Likes on 1,619 Posts

Mine has base seats. No cool/no heat
Old 09-22-21, 01:44 AM
Dopamine99
10th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default I am 5'9 and weigh about 175 pounds. My seat is comfortable.

I am 5'9 and weigh about 175 pounds.
I often sit in my car for hours as I use it for work. I have found my seat very comfortable. I have the Ultra Luxury package. I definitely was not blessed with a backside and I am the first one to notice at a restaurant if they have padding on the seating etc..
I did buy my car used with 41 thousand miles on it. I bought if from the dealer ship so never met the previous owner that conditioned/broke in the seat.

Maybe the seat will become more comfortable for you in time?
Old 09-23-21, 06:14 PM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 560 Likes on 398 Posts

My 300h has the base fake leather seat with cooling and heating and it is really comfortable. Is actually more comfortable than my RX seats.

I have 40,000 km on the car with few hr. straight trips without any discomfort; so far....
Old 02-26-22, 06:14 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 110 Posts

The 2022 regular ES350 Premium package has an uncomfortable front driver’s seat. I sat in it and noticed that it feels like sitting on a hard bench. However, when I sat in the 2020/2021 ES350 Ultra Luxury, the seats were very comfortable because they were different types of seats than the Premium package seats. The Ultra Luxury seats are better and more comfortable than the Premium package seats.
Old 02-26-22, 06:45 PM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 560 Likes on 398 Posts

My 2020 ESh has the near seats with Nulux andi find them very comfortable. At the beginning I was worked 5 about the Nulux vs. real leather bit now I actually prefer theNulux. It is much softer and smoother plus doesn't get as hot or cold in winter and summer.
The following users liked this post:
landonm86 (02-27-22)
Old 02-28-22, 08:35 AM
2020300h
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by erlnet
Yes this is a problem with the 2020 and 2021 model ES300 H I have. I think part of the problem is the not real leather being used in the seats by Lexus. It is Lexus' exclusive NuLuxe synthetic leather upholstery. In winter it gets too hard and uncomfortable to sit in. You regret the long drive with these new seats. They are very uncomfortable as many of the other owners are stating. For a Luxury Car it should be leather only seats not these fake leather. Lexus claim of being earth friendly here is not right. They are just trying to maximize their profit margins on the owners expense.

Quick Reply: 2019 ES300H LUX drivers seat