Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the ES300h model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the ES300h. Please use the main 7ES forum for discussion about shared components with other seventh generation ES models.

2019 ES300H LUX drivers seat

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-19, 06:31 AM
pgiinc
Intermediate

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
Default 2019 ES300H LUX drivers seat

I am not happy with the seat bottom on my drivers seat it’s uncomfortable
I feel a hard section in the middle
the same reason I sold my 2013 Avalon limited it had the same uncomfort hard bottom seat , then I bought my 2016 Es300h and the seat was way better I was happy again
now I ordered this car After getting it and trying to deny that the problem is back ,I can't keep quiet any longer
My bottom hurts just thinking about it
after 20 mins it starts
kinda like setting on a hard bench after a while
just bad design imo
anyone else
I put the seat extender all the way out
makes no difference in or out and yes I set all the way back in the seat
it's just not much cushion on top of the metal bar that is in the middle right under the seam its 1 1/2" pad on top that's all there is in the seat bottom. the bar should bow down if it has to be there and be more padding on top. I should not feel this in my seat!!
I am sorry I thought I left this behind with the Avalon I don't think this should be in a 55k Lexus
I should be comfortable My other es300h was my most favorite place to be and this one would be to if this seat bottom was more comfortable
any others willing to complain about this? please share

2019ES300h
2019 nx300h

Last edited by pgiinc; 02-04-19 at 12:33 PM.
Old 02-04-19, 08:13 AM
irishbrahm
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by pgiinc
I am not happy with the seat bottom on my drivers seat it’s uncomfortable
I feel a hard section in the middle
the same reason I sold my 2013 Avalon limited it had the same uncomfort hard bottom seat , then I bought my 2016 Es300h and the seat was way better I was happy again
now I ordered this car After getting it and trying to deny that the problem is back ,I can't keep quiet any longer
My bottom hurts just thinking about it
after 20 mins it starts
kinda like setting on a hard bench after a while
just bad design imo
anyone else
I put the seat extender all the way out
makes no difference in or out and yes I set all the way back in the seat
it's just not much cushion on top of the metal bar in the seat bottom
I am sorry I thought I left this behind with the Avalon I don't think this should be in a 55k Lexus
I should be comfortable My other es300h was my most favorite place to be and this one would be to if this seat bottom was more comfortable
any others willing to complain about this? please share
I think the seat bottom in the UL has the exact same issue. On two recent 9 hour road trips my rear end really suffered.

I thought the 6th gen had a similar issue. When I test drove the 7th gen I thought that the seat bottom had been redesigned. I guess not.
Old 02-05-19, 07:52 AM
nsaldanh
Lead Lap

Received 90 Likes on 66 Posts

Take your car to a good upholstery shop and have them add some padding. About 3/4 of an inch will do wonders for you. Also your dealer might do it for you free of charge given that its a brand new car.
Old 02-05-19, 08:10 AM
wasjr
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by nsaldanh
Take your car to a good upholstery shop and have them add some padding. About 3/4 of an inch will do wonders for you. Also your dealer might do it for you free of charge given that its a brand new car.
The problem with adding padding is the effect it will have on the Heated/Ventilated seat function.
Old 02-05-19, 02:28 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,956 Posts

Did you drive the car before you bought it?

Its amazing to me that people will spend $55,000 on a car without thoroughly testing it out first.

Really all you can do is take it to an upholstery shop and see if they can add some padding.
Old 02-05-19, 05:11 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,541 Likes on 1,815 Posts

Or trade it for something else and take a beating. I guess some of these things may not be noticeable during a test drive.
Old 02-05-19, 05:20 PM
pgiinc
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SW17LS

Its amazing to me that people will spend $55,000 on a car without thoroughly testing it out first.

Really all you can do is take it to an upholstery shop and see if they can add some padding.
I ordered this and waited 4 months its everything I wanted
I did set in one on the lot for a 30 min checking everything out and I said I feel that bar in the seat so I knew this might be the case when mine came in
and it really takes some seat time for it to bother me
anyway I bought it thinking it would be ok
I am not going sell it I will fix it some how
I am going waste my breath complaining to the dealer and see if I can get them to add some padding or I get it done myself some how
Old 02-05-19, 05:25 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by pgiinc
I did set in one on the lot for a 30 min checking everything out and I said I feel that bar in the seat so I knew this might be the case when mine came in
and it really takes some seat time for it to bother me
anyway I bought it thinking it would be ok
So you felt the bar, but you figured the one you ordered just wouldn't have that bar? That doesn't make a lot of sense. In your other post you said it took 20 minutes and your butt was aching, thats not a lot of seat time.

Seats are something that are very personal, what some people think are great others won't think are great. In reality you knew the seats weren't great for you when you ordered the car, so no sense in complaining about it now its on you to have them adapted to your liking.

Old 02-05-19, 06:00 PM
Steve300h
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

So far, one week in, I love the seats in my ES 300h Ultra Lux. I've never had a thigh extender before I already would hate to live without it on highway drives. I've not noticed the bar you are taking about and now I hope I don't the next time I go for a drive.
Old 02-05-19, 06:01 PM
pgiinc
Intermediate

anyone have a link to 2019 es300h parts schematics seats for example

thanks
Old 02-05-19, 06:15 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Steve300h
So far, one week in, I love the seats in my ES 300h Ultra Lux. I've never had a thigh extender before I already would hate to live without it on highway drives. I've not noticed the bar you are taking about and now I hope I don't the next time I go for a drive.
Sest extenders are a beautiful thing...
Old 02-05-19, 06:19 PM
pgiinc
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Steve300h
thanks for your honesty
its very hard to find fault with this amazing car
Old 02-05-19, 10:31 PM
jimv1983
Intermediate

Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts

Sest extenders are a beautiful thing...
The car I sat in at the dealer had the seat extender and I got it on my car (special order coming in April) but the one I test drove didn't have it. I'm really curious to see how much of a difference it makes.
Old 02-06-19, 03:15 AM
irishbrahm
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

For me I only notice discomfort on extended drives (>1h). I think it's a combination of the bottom cushion deflating and having a bony butt! In any event, this issue would be impossible to detect on a test drive.

In my LS430 and LS460 I had the bottom cushion rebuilt by an upholstery shops. Afterward the heated and cooled seats worked fine.
Old 02-06-19, 11:46 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by jimv1983
The car I sat in at the dealer had the seat extender and I got it on my car (special order coming in April) but the one I test drove didn't have it. I'm really curious to see how much of a difference it makes.
Makes a huge difference IMO...

Originally Posted by irishbrahm
For me I only notice discomfort on extended drives (>1h). I think it's a combination of the bottom cushion deflating and having a bony butt! In any event, this issue would be impossible to detect on a test drive.

In my LS430 and LS460 I had the bottom cushion rebuilt by an upholstery shops. Afterward the heated and cooled seats worked fine.
You aren't taking long enough test drives. If you only notice discomfort on extended drives then you need to take longer drives, keep a demo for a day, etc.

Quick Reply: 2019 ES300H LUX drivers seat