Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the ES300h model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the ES300h. Please use the main 6ES forum for discussion about shared components with other sixth generation ES models.

2013 es300h stock amp replacement

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-19, 09:19 PM
seoteric
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 es300h stock amp replacement

Hopefully someone here has done this. I’ve searched on Google and here and have come up pretty empty.

The stock pioneer amp went out and I’m in the process of replacing it with an aftermarket Alpine amp. The volume doesn’t work or even visually adjust on the screen. The sound options are also not able to be changed at all.

I found a “amplifier bypass” (Here) harness to route the speaker wires but I’m having an issue with the signal wires.

From what I can gather, this is (might be) the signal plug. It’s the only other plug on the stock amp and it looks like the other plug is power in and speakers out.

Can’t find anything that converts this to RCA for the amp signal. The wiring on this looks like two 2-channel signals. I spliced it to see what it looked like on the inside, and it’s similar to RCA but with two small wires in each wire instead of one. It also has a small white wire in the middle.

I attempted to rewire this as two RCAs to see if I could pull the signal out but it doesn’t appear to be working. If I could find a harness/adapter for this I can put the plug back together as I’ve saved the original plug. The plan was to upgrade the amp and eventually upgrade the interior speakers. I added an aftermarket sub and amp last year without any issues.

Has anyone successfully done this and if so what was the process that worked?

Its a perfect fit and I’ve got power to it and the speaker wires hooked up. Just gotta get a signal to it. It’s mounted upside down to give it better air flow. Thanks in advance.

Old 05-21-19, 10:47 AM
Bubbles736
Driver School Candidate

From what I have read on here, that plug is a digital bus. You will probably need a factory amp to interpret that signal. Most threads on here, that I have gone through, hook a DSP to the speaker level output from the amp then connect their amps to the DSP. Here is a good thread on a nice build: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...o-upgrade.html
Old 05-21-19, 03:15 PM
seoteric
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Bubbles. Yeah I’d love to do that but from the looks of it, it’s the amp that’s gone bad. It’s not producing a signal that I can get from the amp outputs. That’s why I was going the replacement route. But if this plug is a digital bus that I can’t convert to RCA then that makes this set up not work. I’ve searched for a converter or harness and came up empty. I can hook my phone up to the new amp and it sounds great though lol.