Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the ES300h model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the ES300h. Please use the main 7ES forum for discussion about shared components with other seventh generation ES models.

2019 ES300H UL gone

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-20, 12:49 PM
pgiinc
Intermediate

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by AllinCLE
The Palisade does look nice, I hope you enjoy it! Ultimately it is unappealing to me. Mainstream car companies have been making well-trimmed versions of their vehicles for decades. And as nice as they are, they're hardly putting the luxury makers out of business. The near-luxury segment is exactly what it says it is. There is a difference (beyond the badge) that matters to some, but doesn't matter or may not even be noticed at all to others.

On a side note, I find it an amusing sign of the time that a large midsize-to-fullsize sedans is too small to haul two kiddos
I agree on the looks of the front but you know what
mostly I bought it because of whats on the inside
go check out a limited before you bash it
just saying
Old 02-17-20, 01:22 PM
AllinCLE
Driver

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by pgiinc
I agree on the looks of the front but you know what
mostly I bought it because of whats on the inside
go check out a limited before you bash it
just saying
Wait, how is saying it looks nice and congratulating you on the purchase bashing the Palisade?

I have driven one on two occasions. As I said, it is nice but it is ultimately unappealing to me because I neither want nor need a vehicle of this type...not because of the styling.
Old 02-17-20, 02:09 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,306 Likes on 909 Posts

Originally Posted by LeeSoFL
I really love my new Philco Television, and the free bottle of booze ain't too bad either. Much better than my Lexus.

Uhh Lee, that TV is a Motorola, not a Philco.... Just clarifying... And by the worn carpet looks like a lot of drinks were mixed in front of it...
The following users liked this post:
LeeSoFL (02-17-20)
Old 02-17-20, 07:14 PM
aygriffith
Driver

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Congrats on the Palisade! That's a sharp and competitive SUV despite what the overly sensitive brain trust on CL thinks. I leased a 2013 Azera fully loaded and a 2016 Genesis Sedan (G80 before it was a G80) and both were exceptional vehicles. If I could have gotten hybrid mileage out of a 2019 G80 last June, I would have never gotten the 2019 ESh.

Despite what all the people on here claim to know, Hyundai and Genesis were light years ahead of Lexus technology 5 years ago. They seem to be moving at a swift pace to widen that gap even further. Not a single Lexus SUV has the technology a Palisade has. The newest Lexus SUV platform is the tiny UX... The NX, RX, GX, and LX are all getting to be dinosaurs, with only the LX being replaced soon.

The only huge gap Genesis has is it's dealer network. That's something the industry will solve with more dollars. Hyundai has proven they have no problem dumping money in Genesis to be a Halo product for Hyundai. Toyota should be sacred. Hyundai hasn't build Colts for 3 decades, only aging customers who have less cars in front of them than behind them go around trotting out that busted argument.

The person who gets the electrification platform right will win the next generation of cars. Toyota won the gas electric hybrid game 20 years ago with the Prius, but appears to be the Emperor with no clothes when it comes to fully electric. The next 5 years will be telling for Toyota/Lexus. They need to pick a fully electric sled partner or risk being a decade behind all the other manufacturers, like Hyundai, who have.
Old 02-17-20, 07:31 PM
pgiinc
Intermediate

Originally Posted by aygriffith
Congrats on the Palisade! That's a sharp and competitive SUV despite what the overly sensitive brain trust on CL thinks. I leased a 2013 Azera fully loaded and a 2016 Genesis Sedan (G80 before it was a G80) and both were exceptional vehicles. If I could have gotten hybrid mileage out of a 2019 G80 last June, I would have never gotten the 2019 ESh.

Despite what all the people on here claim to know, Hyundai and Genesis were light years ahead of Lexus technology 5 years ago. They seem to be moving at a swift pace to widen that gap even further. Not a single Lexus SUV has the technology a Palisade has. The newest Lexus SUV platform is the tiny UX... The NX, RX, GX, and LX are all getting to be dinosaurs, with only the LX being replaced soon.

The only huge gap Genesis has is it's dealer network. That's something the industry will solve with more dollars. Hyundai has proven they have no problem dumping money in Genesis to be a Halo product for Hyundai. Toyota should be sacred. Hyundai hasn't build Colts for 3 decades, only aging customers who have less cars in front of them than behind them go around trotting out that busted argument.

The person who gets the electrification platform right will win the next generation of cars. Toyota won the gas electric hybrid game 20 years ago with the Prius, but appears to be the Emperor with no clothes when it comes to fully electric. The next 5 years will be telling for Toyota/Lexus. They need to pick a fully electric sled partner or risk being a decade behind all the other manufacturers, like Hyundai, who have.
correct and well said
I was ready to spend 65k on a RX450L
but it had the same steering wheel that my 2016 es300h had , they at least could have put the steering wheel of my 2019 es300h which I liked, I guess they had a lot off 2016 leftovers
how is that the new 2020 RX?
since the RX was just refreshed I guess it be 2022 at least for a new one
I am going take my palisade over to the Toyota Dealer to test drive the 2020 Highlander Hybrid Platinum I have ordered to confirm my choice Really want to check out the 4 cyl Hybrid Highlander 36 mpg cvt
I love my Hybrids and the only thing I don't like about the Palisade is the mpg the best I can get is 24 and the shifting I rather have a cvt, The palisade does have plenty of get up and go but i don't drive like that

Philip

2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited white/beige
2019 ES300h UL
eminent white pearl/chateau

Sold eBay
2019 NX300h L
eminent white pearl/crème
traded in sold
2016 ES300h UL eminent white pearl/parchment

Traded in
2015 NX300h L atomic silver/black

Traded in

Last edited by pgiinc; 02-17-20 at 07:35 PM.
Old 02-17-20, 08:17 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 722 Likes on 529 Posts

I think the Palisade looks like a great vehicle, but it has little comparison to the 7th generation ES hybrid. I will not be cross-shopping a Palisade against my ESh. I congratulate you on your purchase and have no doubt you will enjoy it. However, it isn’t in the same category as a four door sedan. It is just a completely different vehicle, which is why it wouldn’t be on my shopping list. We also traded our RX in for an NX because the RX was just too big for my wife and I, another reason I wouldn’t want something of that size. So I think this discussion might be better suited to the RX forum since it is a closer match to the RXL. For the record, I do think Hyundai makes a solid vehicle and wouldn’t be afraid to cross-shop a Hyundai or Genesis on my next purchase.
Old 02-18-20, 02:42 PM
BennoB66
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Seat comfort in the ES300h UL 2020

So you say that there is a metal bar under the driver's seat of the 2020 ES300h UL? And that this makes it uncomfortable? I have test driven the car and have not noticed it. Does to become apparent after some settling in?
Old 02-18-20, 03:44 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

I would bet that the seats in the 300 and the seats in the 350 are one and the same. I owned a 2013 for 6 years and a 2019 now for over a year. No discomfort, no "metal bar" poking my butt, and the seats are beautiful...

Old 02-18-20, 05:20 PM
BennoB66
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes well pgiinc earlier in the thread this is why he sold his ES300h and I was surprised with what he said.
Old 02-18-20, 06:29 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 722 Likes on 529 Posts

Originally Posted by BennoB66
Yes well pgiinc earlier in the thread this is why he sold his ES300h and I was surprised with what he said.
I think there must be a certain body type that feels some of the support hardware in the seats with the thigh extender. Neither my wife or I meet that criteria as we didn’t feel any such bar in our 2015 (without the thigh extender) or the 2019 with the thigh extender. We must have enough of our own padding such that we don’t feel the hardware
The following users liked this post:
kalel2127 (02-19-20)
Old 02-19-20, 04:55 AM
pgiinc
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BennoB66
its the seat design with the cushion extender
sold my 2013 avalon because of it and my 2016 es it didn't bother me but my 2019 it did bother me again
the palisade is not the same type car as the es at all I know I need to move to a suv for more room
here is pic of the metal bar

Old 02-21-20, 06:25 PM
pgiinc
Intermediate

Used my remote start tonight first time
I set the heated features and the temp to 74 ,its cold out like 23 tonight
what a joy it was to open the door the car continues to run, I set in a heated seat and feel a hot steering wheel then just put my foot on the brake and push the drive button and drive away
so much different then my my ES300H

Philip

2019 ES300h UL

Sold eBay
2019 NX300h L
traded in sold

Traded in

Traded in

Old 02-22-20, 08:33 AM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by pgiinc
Used my remote start tonight first time
I set the heated features and the temp to 74 ,its cold out like 23 tonight
what a joy it was to open the door the car continues to run, I set in a heated seat and feel a hot steering wheel then just put my foot on the brake and push the drive button and drive away
so much different then my my ES300H

Philip

2019 ES300h UL

Sold eBay
2019 NX300h L
traded in sold

Traded in

Traded in

Sorry to see you go - bye now.
Old 02-22-20, 11:45 AM
Ken7
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Doesn’t look like he’s ever going until we all buy a Palisade. Hysterical.
Old 02-22-20, 11:57 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

OK, so long, arrivederci, sayonara, auf wiedersehen, au revoir, see you later, much later, don't let the door hit you on the way out...

Quick Reply: 2019 ES300H UL gone