Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the ES300h model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the ES300h. Please use the main 7ES forum for discussion about shared components with other seventh generation ES models.

2019 ES300H UL gone

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-20, 12:43 PM
pgiinc
Intermediate

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
Default 2019 ES300H UL gone

My Story I ordered my 2019 Lexus ES300H UL and my wife's NX300h both with every option it took 4 months to come in and we love my wife NX300h
My life changed a little more I been Driving my twin grandsons around in a venza for the last 10 months and my ES has been parked in the garage with 5k on it
I decided to look for a new suv and sell my ES300h I loved the car except for the driver seat bottom comfort, it was uncomfortable with a metal bar in the middle I could feel just like my 2013 Avalon sold it for same reason . if the seat didn't have this problem I may have had a harder time getting rid of it but it really doesn't suit two 8 year twins boys and actually I get in and out of a SUV easier
So I really wanted a new 2020 lexus rx450hl I looked at them I looked at the new 2020 Highlander really I looked at ford explorers Lincoln aviators I gave them all a chance
The lexus is just still the 2016 RX with the same steering wheel I have in my 2016 ES300h and it has no room in the 2nd and 3rd rows and no technology compared to the choice I made
I am a true Hybrid and Toyota lexus fan but and never thought I would buy what I did but its got them all beat
toyota lexus and the other have been asleep and I may come back when them come out with something better
but I got a 2020 Hyundai palisade limited
yep
don't say a word until you check one out
really really nice
yes I rather have a hybrid and a cvt
but for now this Palisade got the other beat people are paying over msrp for them
mine was 48205.00 vs the 65k RX450HL I was ready to buy and this is way better then the lexus

Philip

2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited white/beige
2019 ES300h UL
eminent white pearl/chateau

Sold eBay
2019 NX300h L
eminent white pearl/crème
traded in sold
2016 ES300h UL eminent white pearl/parchment

Traded in
2015 NX300h L atomic silver/black

Traded in

Last edited by pgiinc; 02-13-20 at 01:06 PM.
Old 02-13-20, 12:48 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,616 Likes on 1,030 Posts

The Palisades are very nice. Enjoy!
Old 02-13-20, 01:20 PM
TDMR
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

I totally understand the need but man, from a Lexus to a Hyundai, that alone would terrify me....
Old 02-13-20, 01:52 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,542 Likes on 1,815 Posts

Originally Posted by TDMR
I totally understand the need but man, from a Lexus to a Hyundai, that alone would terrify me....
I've owned two Hyundais - they are top quality cars. My 2014 Azera was trouble free for five years. The Palisade is a really nice SUV. Some folks just can't get past the crooked H on the grill. It never bothered me though. Why did I sell my Azera? I fell in love with the new ES FSport.
Old 02-13-20, 03:19 PM
pgiinc
Intermediate

believe me I was very skeptical and couldn't believe it myself but I now have a Hyundai Palisade and am becoming a proud owner the more Time I have with it
but I have done my home work
get this they give you 3 years Blue link free which in like Lexus enform remote that you only get one year from Lexus and Lexus just shut mine off after 12 months
and blue link you can set the cars temp the defrost heated wheels and seat all from the app and it work so much faster
and the key fob actually has a button for remote start that works with one press(have you ever tried to start a new Lexus with the remote hits hit and miss press it twice then once long and maybe it will work
and unlike Lexus who will actually disable you from using you remote to start your car if your subscription expires the palisade will work for as long and you have the car

3 years maintenance with palisade
5 years 60 mile bumper to bumper
Lexus will change the oil once
this palisade will drive itself the lane keeping is so good it goes around turns
stop and go in traffic
I just got the windows tinted and protective film on the front end
hey I still love Toyota I will just wait For them to catch up
hey Genesis GV80 this summer you know lexus just revamp ther RX its the same platform as 2016 same wheel that is in my 2016 es
what you got Lexus please show me?
I have a complete digital display with blind spot cameras in the dash
I cant believe Toyota didn't do a better job on the highlander 2020
I have one on order a 2020 platinum hybrid I am going take my Palisade to test drive it and ask them what they think
other then the 36mpg its got nothing on the palisade
excuse me for the rant

Philip

2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited white/beige
2019 ES300h UL
eminent white pearl/chateau

Sold eBay
2019 NX300h L
eminent white pearl/crème
traded in sold
2016 ES300h UL eminent white pearl/parchment

Traded in
2015 NX300h L atomic silver/black

Traded in

Old 02-13-20, 03:59 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Hopefully you were not fleeced into paying more than msrp. Hyundai depreciation is insane. And try to not migrate this into a Lexus bashing thread.
Old 02-13-20, 04:00 PM
kalel2127
Advanced

Received 145 Likes on 103 Posts

IMO car manufacture brands are synonymous with social status. I wouldn't purchase a Hyundai for the simple reason that it lacks any "cool factor". Pull up in a Hyundai and nobody even notices that you showed up... LOL! On the other hand, if you show up in a Lexus, BMW, Audi or Benz to name a few, people look and acknowledged you. With the exception of a select few SUVs, most lack any swag. Again IMO, you just purchased a vehicle with two major negatives.
Old 02-13-20, 04:13 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kalel2127
IMO car manufacture brands are synonymous with social status. I wouldn't purchase a Hyundai for the simple reason that it lacks any "cool factor". Pull up in a Hyundai and nobody even notices that you showed up... LOL! On the other hand, if you show up in a Lexus, BMW, Audi or Benz to name a few, people look and acknowledged you. With the exception of a select few SUVs, most lack any swag. Again IMO, you just purchased a vehicle with two major negatives.
Hyundai is testing the next level with their Genesis brand but it's taking them a long time to gain traction.
Old 02-13-20, 07:54 PM
pgiinc
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mikemu30
Hopefully you were not fleeced into paying more than msrp. Hyundai depreciation is insane. And try to not migrate this into a Lexus bashing thread.
paid 600 under msrp and the salesman came and picked me up 85 miles
I had to buy out of town to get a dealer that charging over the msrp
I will wait for Lexus to win me back but the bar is set pretty high
Old 02-13-20, 07:58 PM
pgiinc
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kalel2127
I agree with you
but I was open minded
if they only knew what I now
there are just missing out
Old 02-13-20, 08:04 PM
TDMR
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Regardless of the features, savings and the incentives, its still a Hyundai. I wish you the best of luck but Google should have been your friend, especially since the feedback is from the Palisade Forum from actual OWNERS... https://www.palisadeforum.com/forums...d-problems.44/
Old 02-13-20, 08:28 PM
pgiinc
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TDMR
Regardless of the features, savings and the incentives, its still a Hyundai. I wish you the best of luck but Google should have been your friend, especially since the feedback is from the Palisade Forum from actual OWNERS... https://www.palisadeforum.com/forums...d-problems.44/
I still would have bought it
you see all those thing here to
Old 02-13-20, 08:45 PM
EV02is
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Do you mind sharing what they paid you for your Lexus? I’m thinking about jumping ship too. I have a 19 esh UL with 5k miles as well but in Atomic silver.
Old 02-14-20, 06:22 AM
dklanecky1
Intermediate

Received 136 Likes on 91 Posts

Hyundai, Kia and Genesis are designing and manufacturing some really nice vehicles, with well above price class features, and are gaining rapidly in the quality that they produce. The thing that keeps me from buying a Hyundai, Kia, or Genesis in their abysmal dealers.

Every time I've shopped for a new vehicle, I shop by price class, not vehicle class, and every single time, the Hyundai, Kia, and Genesis dealers come out as still being in the 70's as far as customer service, and mind you this is BEFORE I've made a decision on what to buy. You would think that at this "dating" level in the relationship, they would be very accomodating like they are at most Lexus/Toyota/Acura/Subaru, etc dealers, but nope.

I almost always feel used and abused when I walk out of a Hyundai/Kia/Genesis dealer.
Old 02-14-20, 06:40 AM
pgiinc
Intermediate

Originally Posted by EV02is
Do you mind sharing what they paid you for your Lexus? I’m thinking about jumping ship too. I have a 19 esh UL with 5k miles as well but in Atomic silver.
Well I lost money of course
my msrp on my ES was 55,500 I paid 50k plus tax sold it for 43,500 but if I had trades would have been thousands less

Last edited by pgiinc; 02-14-20 at 06:50 AM.

Quick Reply: 2019 ES300H UL gone