Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the ES300h model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the ES300h. Please use the main 7ES forum for discussion about shared components with other seventh generation ES models.

No ES F Sport Hybrid?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-20, 02:28 PM
scarru
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No ES F Sport Hybrid?

Just curious if there have been any rumors of an F Sport Hybrid making it the US? From searching it seems like they might have them in other countries? I like the looks of the f sport body more than the non f sport but would love a hybrid with my long drive.
Old 06-14-20, 08:55 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 719 Likes on 526 Posts

Originally Posted by scarru
Just curious if there have been any rumors of an F Sport Hybrid making it the US? From searching it seems like they might have them in other countries? I like the looks of the f sport body more than the non f sport but would love a hybrid with my long drive.
I can't speak for the ES, but they DO make an NX F Sport Hybrid in Australia. Although I like the appearance of the standard ES (or I wouldn't have purchased) I agree with you regarding the improvements the F Sport brings to the front of the car. However the F-Sport seats would not work from me. I would love to see it as an "appearance package" that was only applied to the outside of the car. I mean really, why would you need the Sport+ or adaptive dampers on a hybrid? Let's pipe that extra noise into the cabin on a hybrid while toodling around on battery ...
Old 06-14-20, 01:26 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,542 Likes on 1,815 Posts

Originally Posted by TechNut
I can't speak for the ES, but they DO make an NX F Sport Hybrid in Australia. Although I like the appearance of the standard ES (or I wouldn't have purchased) I agree with you regarding the improvements the F Sport brings to the front of the car. However the F-Sport seats would not work from me. I would love to see it as an "appearance package" that was only applied to the outside of the car. I mean really, why would you need the Sport+ or adaptive dampers on a hybrid? Let's pipe that extra noise into the cabin on a hybrid while toodling around on battery ...
Instrument cluster totally different in an FSport as well. For me, that was one of the deal makers compared to the base ES.
Old 06-14-20, 01:31 PM
southernx
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ES 300h F Sport Australia

https://www.clublexus.com/how-tos/sl...is-fall-591628
Old 06-16-20, 08:32 PM
scarru
Driver School Candidate

Why would they choose Australia of all places to test the market?
Old 06-17-20, 08:55 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 719 Likes on 526 Posts

Why not Australia? I didn't notice any suggestion that this was a test market anyway, and we already know they make at least one other hybrid model in F-Sport trim for the Australia market. There is no reason to assume they haven't done their homework and merely understand there is a stronger market for a sporty appearance on a fuel efficient vehicle in that region. While I also wish they offered it in the North America market, I want to assume they have some business case for their strategy.
Old 06-17-20, 04:41 PM
scarru
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TechNut
Why not Australia? I didn't notice any suggestion that this was a test market anyway, and we already know they make at least one other hybrid model in F-Sport trim for the Australia market. There is no reason to assume they haven't done their homework and merely understand there is a stronger market for a sporty appearance on a fuel efficient vehicle in that region. While I also wish they offered it in the North America market, I want to assume they have some business case for their strategy.
Yea, I'm sure they have done their homework. I'd be interested to see how the numbers work considering their sales in Australia are in the thousands and in the hundreds of thousands in other places (unit wise). Just figured they'd go for economies of scale in a bigger market.
Old 09-13-20, 10:22 AM
Lead Lap

Received 783 Likes on 532 Posts

US is a poor market for hybrids.
Old 03-11-21, 10:47 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,176 Likes on 1,633 Posts

I'd definitely lease an ES300H F Sport for when the ES refresh comes out and the lease is up on mine.. I bet they'll release an F Sport to the US market.

I'd like 18" wheels though. not 19. 19 would cut down on fuel economy as well as make for a choppy ride.

Last edited by E46CT; 03-11-21 at 10:58 AM.
Old 03-12-21, 06:15 PM
ionian
Instructor

Received 259 Likes on 191 Posts

Last year 1.06M vehicles sold in Australia. Maybe they are using the Aussies as guinea pigs to work out the kinks before rolling into bigger market.