Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the ES300h model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the ES300h. Please use the main 6ES forum for discussion about shared components with other sixth generation ES models.

CPO vs NON-CPO (2017 Lexus es300h)

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-20, 11:51 AM
Mbz008
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CPO vs NON-CPO (2017 Lexus es300h)

Hi guys,

I’m hoping some of you can share your insights on buying used CPO vs NON-CPO.

Scenario:

2017 Es300h (20k miles) sold by dealer with no CPO. Car looks in good condition inside/out. Dealer is in a wealthy neighborhood. Not a lot of crazy driving in the area, no cracked pavements on streets or bumps. No accidents or repairs that I can see from engine, bumper, paint, screws, etc etc. Service records from dealer only shows replacement of lane departure ecu last year.

vs.

2017 Es300h (20k mules) sold by another dealer with CPO. Car looks in good condition. However, front and rear bumper replaced (not shown on carfax) by dealer. Dealer acknowledged the repair and said there was no frame damage. In addition, there are tons of body repair shops in this area (Glendale Lexus). I asked for the service records, and have only heard crickets since.

Both cars are same price

Questions:

1. which would you go with? And why
2. why do some Lexus dealers don’t certify their cars?

Thanks
Old 07-29-20, 03:56 PM
Felix
Pole Position

Received 508 Likes on 441 Posts

Kinda funny, as I'd think the 1st one would be a CPO vs having both bumper covers replaced on the real CPO one.....Only thing I could come up w/ is if both cars have similar options & condition, the non CPO car was a trade in or bought at the auction at a good price....I'd look & drive both cars of course. The CPO car better have new oem bumper covers vs repop's or recon ones.......I've never seen a COP vehicle that needed any body work as I used to work in a dealership b/s.......I'd more then likely go w/ the non COP car thou......I look at the color if its one you like, then I look at the body & the drivers seat & interior & what options it has then go from there. When I buy vehicles, I'm not in a rush as it took me a couple months to find a rx w/ the color & options that'd work for my wife & I......
Old 07-30-20, 03:51 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,160 Likes on 750 Posts

Originally Posted by Mbz008
Hi guys,

I’m hoping some of you can share your insights on buying used CPO vs NON-CPO.

Scenario:

2017 Es300h (20k miles) sold by dealer with no CPO. Car looks in good condition inside/out. Dealer is in a wealthy neighborhood. Not a lot of crazy driving in the area, no cracked pavements on streets or bumps. No accidents or repairs that I can see from engine, bumper, paint, screws, etc etc. Service records from dealer only shows replacement of lane departure ecu last year.

vs.

2017 Es300h (20k mules) sold by another dealer with CPO. Car looks in good condition. However, front and rear bumper replaced (not shown on carfax) by dealer. Dealer acknowledged the repair and said there was no frame damage. In addition, there are tons of body repair shops in this area (Glendale Lexus). I asked for the service records, and have only heard crickets since.

Both cars are same price

Questions:

1. which would you go with? And why
2. why do some Lexus dealers don’t certify their cars?

Thanks
Is the CPO a white one at Lexus of Glendale with last four # of vin 5064? If so very nice looking. All the service work has been done at the Lexus dealer on time with no problems stated. At 2,600 miles both front and rear right side windows had to be replaced because of vandalism.