Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the ES300h model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the ES300h. Please use the main 6ES forum for discussion about shared components with other sixth generation ES models.

ES300h 2013 Base system Upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-20, 04:39 PM
perezdr
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Will like to see your setup. My aftermarket unit is pending shipment...but I will document the experience after I'm done.
Old 08-07-20, 07:37 PM
chromedome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 49 Likes on 45 Posts

The LCD and controller fit flush into their housings. It's a good system although Bluetooth controls are a bit gimped. I can change USB tracks using the steering wheel controls but I have to use the center console buttons to change Bluetooth tracks. The LCD is a touch screen so it's easier to use for navigation, at least when stationary.

The following users liked this post:
perezdr (08-20-20)
Old 08-20-20, 01:36 PM
perezdr
Driver School Candidate

Arrived yesterday and I was able to install today.

A little bit complex specially the wiring and dash disassembly involved in a car I never took apart before. YouTube is the best....

As right know this unit is great, the change is night and day.

I’m still asking some additional questions to the seller for example, I see a message telling me that I cannot watch videos while driving even if I’m parked with the emergency break engaged. Must be a setting or something that I haven’t found yet and need to change.

The seller has been in constant communication, which is important as they guarantee the unit for two years.

General Android 10 Home screen.

Control included with the unit as my base version didn’t had it.

I didn’t purchase a unit with Apple CarPlay, but a generic dongle from Amazon did the trick.

Apple CarPlay included separately but plugged into one of two available USB ports in the unit.

Will keep updating if things get interesting...

P.S. I was a little concerned with DVDGPSNAV as they only take Western Union as payment, but communication was constant and they delivered...just FYI.
NdYAG (08-25-20)
Old 08-24-20, 06:31 PM
perezdr
Driver School Candidate

Found the option in the settings of the head unit and now I'm able to see videos. Literally, there is a setting where the unit thinks the parking brake is engaged (on/off).
Old 08-29-20, 07:11 AM
perezdr
Driver School Candidate

Hold the verdict about how good or reliable is doing business with DVDGPSNAV.

The system worked perfectly for about a week. But now I have been back and forth discussing some issues that seem related to software and unfortunately the responses are about every 12 hours and every time is a new baby step to check X or Y or send a picture or a video. That is bothersome. I understand they factory made my unit for my car after I purchased it, so it’s not like they have them laying around in stock. So they won’t just sent a new one without checking everything first.

Someone started reaching via WhatsApp asking more questions, which seemed like a good sign, still about once every 12 hours replies...but still I’m a little worried.

They are in China, the every 12 hours response makes sense just because of that, but the one step at a time troubleshooting knowing the unit is not working and the customer is waiting is frustrating.

The warranty is two years confirmed by them so hopefully they manage this correctly and do their part.

I will keep documenting this process so it helps others.
The following 2 users liked this post by perezdr:
chromedome (09-04-20), NdYAG (08-29-20)
Old 09-17-20, 06:45 PM
perezdr
Driver School Candidate

Unfortunately as of today I haven’t been provided a real solution.

The equipment worked perfectly for about seven days but then the CanBox seems to have a glitch and the head unit lost communication with the radio, so Air Conditioner and Radio are not synchronized between the units. Everything else is OK.

A person does a half job via WhatsApp asking questions about connections and plugs...some of them repetitive. Worst yet, it is usually me who have to start the follow up conversation with them and they just take their time.

I have sent them an ultimatum today. I will keep reporting for other people here...but plain simple their customer service sucks.

After the ultimatum they are now saying they are making a software fix for me....more to come.

Wish me luck. It’s a shame because the system rocks...and I have told them that this seems like a programming issue since the beginning.
Old 09-17-20, 07:22 PM
NdYAG
Advanced

Received 189 Likes on 131 Posts

That is my beef with all Chinese off-brand electronics. They just make it look good on paper to make the sale and never make a true effort to polish the software and fix all the bugs. Shipping things back to China is usually not a viable option so can't rely on warranty or return policy much.
perezdr (09-17-20)
Old 11-28-20, 03:35 PM
perezdr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NdYAG
That is my beef with all Chinese off-brand electronics. They just make it look good on paper to make the sale and never make a true effort to polish the software and fix all the bugs. Shipping things back to China is usually not a viable option so can't rely on warranty or return policy much.
I learned the hard way.

Stay away from DVDGPSNAV. They will not scam you or steal your money during the purchase process, but if the equipment fails, you are in big trouble. They will do a basic troubleshooting sending instructions or updates via WhatsApp, but when everything points at equipment failures, they will literally disappear! Google DVDGPSNAV reviews and see. The reviews on their actual website are fake. I’m hoping I can save some people the trouble I had since past months.