Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the GS450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the GS450H. Please use the main 4GS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation GS models.

2018 GS450h F sport..impossible to find

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-20, 04:12 PM
spineman
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Yep! I've been looking for awhile for one under 100k and this one is quite the package. I'm not a huge fan of the black on black but the options are amazing. You can't have everything you want in these rare cars. I had a 2005 TL which was black on black. I told my wife I would never buy another one. I think the only option it may not have is the infrared camera... Which is useless. I hope the battery is good! Or fails before April fools day which is 8 years of use.. Lol
Old 12-02-20, 04:14 PM
spineman
Pit Crew

I do have a hold on a 13 with 60k on Carvana. Meteor blue. Let me know if anyone is interested. I'll let you know the moment it is lifted

Last edited by spineman; 12-02-20 at 06:40 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Im2bz2p345 (12-02-20)
Old 12-02-20, 09:45 PM
Im2bz2p345
Instructor

Received 209 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by spineman
I do have a hold on a 13 with 60k on Carvana. Meteor blue. Let me know if anyone is interested. I'll let you know the moment it is lifted
Congrats on the rare vehicle spineman!! I know you've been looking for a while, but I hope the wait was worth it.

Btw, wow - I wouldn't expect to see the GS450h on Carvana. It's good you had that included in your search.

Is this the vehicle you have on hold? https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/1599764

Out of curiosity, why did you decided to skip this Carvana vehicle and go with the one from the Ford dealership? Was it the options?

Please post pictures of your new ride after you bring her into your stable

~ Im2bz2p345
Old 12-02-20, 10:13 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by Im2bz2p345
Congrats on the rare vehicle spineman!! I know you've been looking for a while, but I hope the wait was worth it.

Btw, wow - I wouldn't expect to see the GS450h on Carvana. It's good you had that included in your search.

Is this the vehicle you have on hold? https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/1599764

Out of curiosity, why did you decided to skip this Carvana vehicle and go with the one from the Ford dealership? Was it the options?

Please post pictures of your new ride after you bring her into your stable

~ Im2bz2p345
Not a bad deal for a low mile fully loaded 450h lux, not sure if it has DRCC or LKA, not mentioned. I guess he could not wait for the Carvana pics and rather buy the one he saw/drove in person.
Old 12-03-20, 07:51 AM
spineman
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by peasodos
Not a bad deal for a low mile fully loaded 450h lux, not sure if it has DRCC or LKA, not mentioned. I guess he could not wait for the Carvana pics and rather buy the one he saw/drove in person.
Yep, that's the car. To tell you the truth, I am a little torn if the low mileage out ways the options. When I entered the VIN into the Lexus site, I did not see the DRCC or LKA on the Carvana. I have never bought a car online, but it is pretty interesting. I had already put a deposit on the one in CT, and the cost is almost exactly the same. Carvana did offer me a little more on my IS 350C trade and the no dealer fees are impressive. The dealer I am buying from charges 599. The "dealer conveyance fees" are a rip off if you ask me, but they did come down on the price of the vehicle, which Carvana will not do. So basically it's a wash. I'm not too crazy about the Meteor Blue color either when I looked it up. Never seen a Lexus with that color before. I think it would be nice for the wife though! She loves it and the lighter interior.

So...I hope I'm making the correct choice!
Old 12-03-20, 08:04 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Two pics available for the car.

I always thought Light Gray clashes with the bamboo interior. The best combo is bamboo and flaxen.
Old 12-03-20, 08:29 AM
spineman
Pit Crew

That's strange, I can't see even those 2 pics under features. Actually it does clash a little. Thank you for making me feel better about my choice. Guess it is hard to be too picky with rarity of these cars. I would love a flaxen interior! It would look really sharp on a black car. My CT had that color interior with pearl white. Loved that combo as well
Old 12-03-20, 11:35 AM
spineman
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by flosc32
Does anyone know of or have seen anyone selling a 2018 GS450H F sport with low miles? (Under 40K miles)
Found an F-sport!

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...4610/overview/
Old 12-03-20, 12:14 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Nice, but it's 20k more with less options than your car. I don't think the updated front bumper, 2016 nav, few other differences is worth $20k. Depreciation was on your side
Old 12-03-20, 01:04 PM
spineman
Pit Crew

Nice, but it's 20k more with less options than your car. I don't think the updated front bumper, 2016 nav, few other differences is worth $20k. Depreciation was on your side
I wasn't interested in it for the reason you stated! I was just happy to find one. There were several new postings today, but I still think I found the best one for me. I like the older body style as well.
Im2bz2p345 (12-03-20)
Old 12-03-20, 02:05 PM
spineman
Pit Crew

I wasn't interested in it for the reason you stated! I was just happy to find one. There were several new postings today, but I still think I found the best one for me. I like the older body style as well.
Old 12-03-20, 03:56 PM
dkp993
Rookie

Received 49 Likes on 29 Posts

Wow, but the price 🤮. While I understand it’s an F sport, Just a few months ago I paid $31 for my 16H with 32k miles. That price seems steep to me to say the least.
The following 2 users liked this post by dkp993:
Im2bz2p345 (12-03-20), spineman (12-03-20)
Old 12-04-20, 07:53 PM
spineman
Pit Crew

Have the check in hand and heading to CT again tomorrow to pick up my first GSh. Since I know driving over the George Washington Bridge will be an experience once again...lol I feel ok with drive since I had cold feet the first time. And then...driving the GS back over the same route. I will miss my IS 350C, but, ohhhh the luxury I will love...
Old 12-04-20, 07:59 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Have the check in hand and heading to CT again tomorrow to pick up my first GSh. Since I know driving over the George Washington Bridge will be an experience once again...lol I feel ok with drive since I had cold feet the first time. And then...driving the GS back over the same route. I will miss my IS 350C, but, ohhhh the luxury I will love...
Trust me you won't miss your IS once you drive the GS back home, just a whole other level of car. My next car I'm taking the step up to LS, probably 5-8 years.

First time I drove a GS is when I test drove the car I flew out to buy. Drove from GA to VA with a smile on my face.
Old 12-07-20, 07:03 PM
spineman
Pit Crew

Trust me you won't miss your IS once you drive the GS back home, just a whole other level of car. My next car I'm taking the step up to LS, probably 5-8 years.

First time I drove a GS is when I test drove the car I flew out to buy. Drove from GA to VA with a smile on my face.
I trust you, but you are absolutely right about not missing the IS. Wow, It is a huge step up. I especially love having knee room...lol. I'm gonna ramble a little sorry. Some observations on the from the drive home. Love the weight of the car and how smooooth it is. It feels like a caddy compared to my IS in size, parking, etc. visibility is greatly reduced from the smaller drivers window. I had to use the BSM to change lanes on the interstate. Loved the radar cruise. After two hours of not using my right foot, It was really strange to have to drive the car. Didn't think that I would like the lane assist, but boy do you use it trying to mess with all the electronics. ML system was not as impressive as I had anticipated but much improved over the stock IS. The Bass vibrated driver back door a bit with all kinds of music but mostly to more modern music. I turned the bass to neutral as the previous person had it cranked. That seemed to help a little. I did listen to music the whole drive which is nice, I usually listen to talk radio, but didn't want to. The CVT/Hybrid system is much different than my wife's RX 450h. Hera is seamless while the GS what somewhat jerky with transition between electric to gas, very noticeable. Question 1, does the PCS system work without the cruise on? My six year old loves the rear luxury package with the power sunshade. Really cool it goes down in reverse. I thought he was playing with the button...lol My mother-in-law never had a heated seat. Didn't drive it to work today, the wife stole it. Looking forward to my first commute tomorrow! I'm asking my boss for a raise, so I don't know if I should drive it to work tomorrow actually lol
Im2bz2p345 (12-08-20)

Quick Reply: 2018 GS450h F sport..impossible to find