Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2016 up RX450h model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450h. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation RX models.

Seek function on radio / brakes

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-21, 04:52 AM
Densls
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seek function on radio / brakes

Hi all,

I'm new to CL!! I drive a 2016 RX450h, 70k on the odo. I apologize if this topic has already been covered, I searched & could not find it. Love the vehicle but have 2 questions....
-How do I seek between FM/AM stations that are NOT preset? For example if I drive to a new area that is out of range of my current presets. Still can't figure that out!!
- Was recently informed that I will need new brakes & rotors. Do I necessarily need rotors or can I just replace the pads? I was quoted $425 for the rear axle and $440 for the front. Sound about right to you?!

Thanks!
Old 01-29-21, 09:02 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 181 Likes on 158 Posts

Message deleted.

Last edited by jollick; 01-30-21 at 02:17 PM.
Old 01-29-21, 12:02 PM
Densls
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jollick
Not sure about the rotors but I believe you turn the tuning **** to find radio stations.
Thanks for your reply, I'm aware of the tuning ****, however, I'm looking specifically for the "seek" feature....
Old 01-30-21, 09:13 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 603 Likes on 420 Posts

I think you hold the next track button and it seems stations.

Typically you replace rotors and pads at the same time. Imo.
Old 01-30-21, 01:19 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 888 Likes on 668 Posts

Welcome to CL, is this your first Lexi? Your 2016 RX has a pretty amazing stereo, Assuming that yours has
the Navigation system you have what I refer to as "hard keys" that you can press even with gloves on.
These include "Radio" for every source Outside the car - AM, FM, Satellite (if subscribed). You also have
"Media" which is every source Inside the car - CD, Bluetooth devices, USB wired and Aux mini jack wired.

Press Radio and you will see one of two screens. One will concentrate on one station at a time, select the
"Preset" button in the lower right using the remote controller and the second screen displays your chosen
stations. Advanced class on the presets - Individual Presets have 12 of each band, AM, FM & Sat separately while
Mixed Presets has 36 of any band. We have one page of 6 set up with all News channels from Local AM plus
FM NPR plus XM BBC together. Using the "rocker" between the Map and Menu buttons on the center console
will quickly flip to the second group of 6. Here we have Music favorites, Local FM standards and XM specialties.
Third page has talk radio. Using the left steering wheel spoke rocker (next to volume) will select within each genre group.

From the Preset page press the "Info" button to return to the single station Information Page. Along the bottom find
Station List and press it. The tuner will silently scan your location for all possible stations and populate a list
by genre. Works for both AM and FM, takes a minute or so. XM also has this but doesn't need the scan time.
When traveling through a new area consider refreshing the list. Rerun when you get home. This is Not adding
and presets, just identifying by type.

See the little "vertical triangle" icon above the Station List? When you answer your Bluetooth phone right in the middle
of a sporting event and you miss the color commentary of the big play? After hanging up just press the triangle button
and replay up to 15 minutes of previous broadcast! AM & FM, not XM. Erases itself every time the car is shut off BTW.

The following users liked this post:
Densls (01-31-21)
Old 01-31-21, 08:59 AM
Densls
Driver School Candidate

Thanks so much for the great info mcomer!

This is actually my 3rd Lexus - love the reliability, low cost of ownership and luxury,

......So once I've created a local station list how do I flick through those new options quickly (instead of my presets)? Spoke rocker?

Old 02-01-21, 04:07 AM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

the manual says,
“Seek tuning
Press and hold then release the “PRST” or “TRACK” button.
Seek tuning can also be operated on the menu screen.
The radio will begin seeking up or down for a station of the nearest frequency and will stop when a station is found.”
Densls (02-01-21)
Old 02-01-21, 01:18 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 888 Likes on 668 Posts

Yes, the left steering wheel rocker selects stations one by one, the center console rocker does page (of 6) by page.
Some AM, many FM (no XM) stations are "HD", hybrid digital. Guessing Maine has fewer terrestrial stations that
broadcast with this technology than here in IL but twirl around and watch for a greyed out HD logo. In a couple of
seconds if the signal is strong enough it will turn Gold. Free upgraded signal, go to HDradio.com for listings in your area.
When you find one, leave it tuned in for a couple of minutes. Press center console Menu, on screen Info and then Weather.
Local, three (3) day forecast, weather map (Navigation equipped cars), Destination Cities in US. Updated through HD.
Press center console Map. Again, I'm not clear what Traffic coverage will be in your corner of the world but at least the
major highways will now be showing Green/Yellow/Red corridors depicting traffic density. We have Way More of that than you!
If you do not have many HD stations that suit your listening, download Lexus Enform App Suite (not LEAS 2.0). Sign in for
free and have the App running on your Bluetooth paired phone while driving and it will update the Traffic and Weather.
Densls (02-01-21)