Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

Maintenance Required question

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-21, 02:44 PM
Gregavi
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maintenance Required question

I have a 2015 RX 450H and recently the Maintenance Required Notice come up on the dash. I navigated to the Maintenance section and had Oil and Filter in Red. I changed the oil and filter and did a reset on the Oil and Filter which turned both back to White. The problem is, The Maintenance Required Notice is still there. It's been there for several days since I did the oil change. Is there likely some other issue with the vehicle? Is the Maintenance Required Notice the equivalent to the Check Engine Notice of the past? What is causing this notice to still show?
Thanks in advance.

Old 03-25-21, 03:29 PM
Clutchless

Received 1,161 Likes on 990 Posts

Did you set it to trip odometer A, then put it in accessory mode with your foot off the gas as you held your finger on the trip odometer button, then watch as the 5 dashes blink and go away. That is the procedure to reset it on the RX350.
However I do not know if the hybrid has some other maintenance reset. I will move this to the hybrid section.
Old 03-26-21, 06:57 AM
ukrkoz
Racer

Received 224 Likes on 201 Posts

No, no special hybrid requirements. It's likely not done right. Maintenance minder is oil only. Maybe spark plugs over 100K miles but I have never ever heard of this throwing MM light.
Old 03-27-21, 02:34 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 849 Likes on 642 Posts

Two different maintenance reminder systems, the center screen setup with nice graphics and every
possible item including spouse's birthday (the three personal entries) seems to have been reset by OP.

The oil only odometer reminder was nicely described by Clutchless and has been updated to be reset
using steering wheel controls on 2016 and newer RX's.

What the Lexus system does not do as well as the GM oil life monitor is calculate using engine average run time,
hours of operation (regardless of mileage), % of Wide Open Throttle, average ambient temperature, None of that.
Old 03-30-21, 12:50 AM
Gregavi
Rookie

As I stated in my original post, mine is a 2015. Not sure why Lexus made this even remotely difficult. I'm not trying to reprogram the space shuttle here. Just trying to get the "Maintenance Required" notice to go away. I just watched a YT video on how to do it. ARE YOU F#%@&^$ KIDDING ME!!!? Press the ignition switch twice with your foot off the brake, get your odometer to "Trip A", rub your head while patting your belly, hold your breath while pumping the brake 3 times while flipping the left turn signal........Unbelievable!
Old 04-01-21, 09:11 PM
Hayk
Lead Lap

Received 291 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by Gregavi
As I stated in my original post, mine is a 2015. Not sure why Lexus made this even remotely difficult. I'm not trying to reprogram the space shuttle here. Just trying to get the "Maintenance Required" notice to go away. I just watched a YT video on how to do it. ARE YOU F#%@&^$ KIDDING ME!!!? Press the ignition switch twice with your foot off the brake, get your odometer to "Trip A", rub your head while patting your belly, hold your breath while pumping the brake 3 times while flipping the left turn signal........Unbelievable!
Wait till you see how to put the engine into diagnostics mode on a Hybrid.
Old 04-02-21, 09:51 AM
Gregavi
Rookie

This is obviously made difficult to discourage consumers from doing their own maintenance.
Old 04-03-21, 07:53 PM
ukrkoz
Racer

Received 224 Likes on 201 Posts

1. reset ODO to trip A
2. turn off vehicle
3. place and hold ODO button, while pressing Start twice
Let system reset itself.
If you can't do that or, find it "too &%^$##@ complicated, bring it to dealer and let them take your money and have some kid in the back do it.

Placing hybrid into diagnostic mode.
1. place index right finger onto and hold info button on the nav uniit
2. Press Start button twice with the left finger of choice
3. start flipping light stalk all the way to headlights On and back to headlights Off. After 3-4 flips like that, diagnostic display comes up.

Is THAT too hard either?

Well, then try to place hybrid system into Maintenance mode.