Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the GS450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the GS450H. Please use the main 3GS forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation GS models.

FINALLY Changed the Hybrid Battery

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-21, 08:54 PM
nismo2lex
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default FINALLY Changed the Hybrid Battery

After clearing the P0a80 "Replace Hybrid Battery Pack" code every day for weeks, i found a shop that rebuilt Hybrid batterys. I was skeptical based on the price but i picked it up today after being repaired and i am so glad i did it(so far). Power and economy are back! Apparently he told me that more than 30 of the cells were bad. the car has 270kms and it was the original Hybrid battery. I am surprised that a National Auto Repair company has not tackled the rebuilt hybrid battery market. This shop was packed with Camrys and Prius getting new battery packs. Anyways, here's hoping it lasts(it did come with a 1 year warranty).
The following users liked this post:
RadiantX45 (04-26-21)
Old 04-30-21, 02:59 PM
energie8
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

And what was the total $?
Old 04-30-21, 03:50 PM
nismo2lex
Driver School Candidate

$1400 Canadian dollars plus tax
The following 2 users liked this post by nismo2lex:
RadiantX45 (05-03-21), vap3 (09-13-21)
Old 08-31-21, 12:17 PM
Huezzy
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by nismo2lex
Where did you go to replace the battery?
Old 09-13-21, 11:14 AM
R_Rated
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

After clearing the P0a80 "Replace Hybrid Battery Pack" code every day for weeks, i found a shop that rebuilt Hybrid batterys. I was skeptical based on the price but i picked it up today after being repaired and i am so glad i did it(so far). Power and economy are back! Apparently he told me that more than 30 of the cells were bad. the car has 270kms and it was the original Hybrid battery. I am surprised that a National Auto Repair company has not tackled the rebuilt hybrid battery market. This shop was packed with Camrys and Prius getting new battery packs. Anyways, here's hoping it lasts(it did come with a 1 year warranty).
I had mine replaced in the spring (in Toronto) as well, made the car feel brand new. Around the same mileage as yours, slightly less, but the car had been left to sit for a few years.

The shop I visited charged $1100 and offered a 1 year warranty as well, I think they do 2 year warranties for more.

However, I am pretty sure there is a large national mfg doing hybrid battery rebuilds but its not cost effective for whatever reason.
Old 09-14-21, 11:01 AM
Huezzy
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

What's the name of the shop? I might go there as well. What does it show for range till empty on a full tank for you? I only get 400-450, might need a battery change.
Old 09-14-21, 11:07 AM
R_Rated
Driver

Originally Posted by Huezzy
What's the name of the shop? I might go there as well. What does it show for range till empty on a full tank for you? I only get 400-450, might need a battery change.
I sent you a DM about the name of the shop.

Usually mine shows 560-650 km on refills but it does vary
Old 09-21-21, 01:08 PM
M15U
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by R_Rated
I had mine replaced in the spring (in Toronto) as well, made the car feel brand new. Around the same mileage as yours, slightly less, but the car had been left to sit for a few years.

The shop I visited charged $1100 and offered a 1 year warranty as well, I think they do 2 year warranties for more.

However, I am pretty sure there is a large national mfg doing hybrid battery rebuilds but its not cost effective for whatever reason.
Where is the shop in GTA? Was your price for the whole battery and labour? I would greatly appreciate any information you could share! I've only seen Global Hybrid Batteries in sauga but on their website it shows a fully remanufactured set was $2100+ CAD.
Old 09-21-21, 08:07 PM
M15U
Driver School Candidate

Where did you go to get it replaced? Is labour cost included?
Old 09-26-21, 07:15 PM
hybridguru
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does the warranty cover the entire hybrid battery or only the parts they replaced?
Old 12-19-21, 03:02 PM
acenumba9
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sent you a DM about the name of the shop.

Usually mine shows 560-650 km on refills but it does vary
Can you also send me the name of the shiop or just post it on the forum thanks
Old 01-02-22, 05:21 PM
nismo2lex
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by acenumba9
Can you also send me the name of the ship or just post it on the forum thanks
Sorry i did not know you guys replied. Global Hybrid is the place...they will quote you different prices every time you phone so you should be able to make a deal. my km range shows about 500 as well but honestly i drive too hard to make use of the actual potential savings with the hybrid, i use it for the power instead! the "replace hybrid" error has come on twice since april and i clear it out and i am good again.
Old 01-02-22, 05:50 PM
R_Rated
Driver

Greentouch is the shop i used in Toronto, they were fantastic. Highly recommend.

I haven't had any errors at all since replacing mine in March of last year 🤷‍♂️
Old 01-03-22, 12:48 PM
M15U
Driver School Candidate

Sorry i did not know you guys replied. Global Hybrid is the place...they will quote you different prices every time you phone so you should be able to make a deal. my km range shows about 500 as well but honestly i drive too hard to make use of the actual potential savings with the hybrid, i use it for the power instead! the "replace hybrid" error has come on twice since april and i clear it out and i am good again.
Why are you getting the error notifying you to replace the hybrid battery AFTER you replaced it?
Old 01-03-22, 09:39 PM
M15U
Driver School Candidate

Greentouch is the shop i used in Toronto, they were fantastic. Highly recommend.

I haven't had any errors at all since replacing mine in March of last year 🤷‍♂️
Did your fuel range increase after the replacement?

Quick Reply: FINALLY Changed the Hybrid Battery