Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

RX450 Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-21, 03:36 AM
JakeUK
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RX450 Suspension

I've just traded in an LS460 for an RX450h. It's like driving around in a bouncy castle. Is there anything that can be done to soften the suspension?

It's the Luxury model. I guess in hindsight the Advance might have been a better choice as that has air suspension I understand. Or is that just as bumpy?
Old 05-28-21, 10:56 AM
dingyibvs
Pit Crew

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Have you checked the dampers? Any leakage? It should have a pretty soft ride.
Old 05-28-21, 11:54 AM
JakeUK
Driver School Candidate

I haven't. I'll get them checked next week. Although replies that I've had elsewhere would suggest that I might find the RX ride on the hard side, particularly as I'm used to the LS range.
Old 05-28-21, 10:39 PM
Hayk
Lead Lap

Received 291 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by JakeUK
I haven't. I'll get them checked next week. Although replies that I've had elsewhere would suggest that I might find the RX ride on the hard side, particularly as I'm used to the LS range.
There is a huge difference between an LS and an RX suspension setup, especially if the LS had air suspension. I drive an ES350 and I noticed the RX450h has a firmer ride for sure of the same year with regular struts.

I would recommend to check the rear shocks for leaks, that could make the rear end bounce a lot after any bumps. Check your tire pressure, should be at 32-33psi. Check your tire date codes and condition. Dry, old, and/or cheap tires will make it ride like crap.

What year and mileage is your RX?
Old 05-29-21, 01:42 AM
JakeUK
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Hayk
There is a huge difference between an LS and an RX suspension setup, especially if the LS had air suspension. I drive an ES350 and I noticed the RX450h has a firmer ride for sure of the same year with regular struts.

I would recommend to check the rear shocks for leaks, that could make the rear end bounce a lot after any bumps. Check your tire pressure, should be at 32-33psi. Check your tire date codes and condition. Dry, old, and/or cheap tires will make it ride like crap.

What year and mileage is your RX?
It's a 2015 with 74k on the clock. It has Good Year tyres on it. The pressures were a little high when I bought it so I've dropped them to 33psi.