Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

No ready sign on RX450h

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-21, 02:24 PM
ptrustfull
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No ready sign on RX450h

Hi, i have a 2012 RX450h. I have not used it a while and when wanting to use it again the battery was dead. replaced the battery but still not engaging. My car is a Japan domestic RHD. |
I used a launch X431 V to read the codes. The fault codes that i am getting are
P0AA6 hybrid voltage system isolaton fault
P308A voltage sensor all circuits low
C1259 System regenerative malfunction
C1310 HV/EV system malfunction
B15E5 Electronic throttle malfunction

After replacing the battery i deleted the fault codes and only
P308A voltage sensor all circuits low remains

Any advise on what to look for to get the car running again will be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-29-21, 02:57 PM
salimshah

Received 1,045 Likes on 943 Posts

Here is the basics regarding 450H.

First step:
The 12v battery in hybrid provides necessary voltage to operate the ecu and other electronics. (in non hybrids the 12v battery rotates the engine to start). 12v due to age or not being charged can be dead/very-weak and you need to install a fresh or charged up battery.

Second Step:
The traction battery needs a minimum level of charge to enable the rotation of the ICE. If due to lack of use the traction battery goes below the minimum, you will have to take the vehicle to the dealer to independently charge up the traction battery.

Salim
Old 10-30-21, 07:23 AM
Clutchless

Received 1,158 Likes on 988 Posts

Try charging your new replacement 12 volt battery. They can sit on the shelf for months and have a low initial charge that is insufficient to start a vehicle. If that does not work, then it is time to tow it to the dealer.
Old 10-31-21, 08:35 AM
salimshah

Received 1,045 Likes on 943 Posts

Originally Posted by ptrustfull
Hi, i have a 2012 RX450h. I have not used it a while and when wanting to use it again the battery was dead. replaced the battery but still not engaging. My car is a Japan domestic RHD. |
I used a launch X431 V to read the codes. The fault codes that i am getting are
P0AA6 hybrid voltage system isolaton fault
P308A voltage sensor all circuits low
C1259 System regenerative malfunction
C1310 HV/EV system malfunction
B15E5 Electronic throttle malfunction

After replacing the battery i deleted the fault codes and only
P308A voltage sensor all circuits low remains

Any advise on what to look for to get the car running again will be greatly appreciated.
Please do us a huge favor by following up. There can be many reasons for Not Ready and my answer was a best guess. When you have the problem diagnosed an d fixed, please post here as it can possibly help other readers.

Salim
Old 11-01-21, 09:58 AM
ptrustfull
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the weekend i read a lot about the Hybrid system. According to the information my problem should be at the battery or smart battery module. I opened up the battery pack and here are a few pictures of the damage i found. I think we can safely say that the junction box is good place to start. I will purchase a new junction box. I live in Suriname with no hybrid dealer or parts. As i mentioned the car is import RHD domestic Japan car. My next question i show can i charge the batteries? From the first pack i removed all where below 1 volt? They can as well be dead but before trowing money at it i would like to be shure. Purchased the hybrid to save money.

Old 11-01-21, 11:32 AM
Droid13
Racer

Received 542 Likes on 380 Posts

Wow, that is some serious damage to the hybrid battery pack. I am normally all in for trying to repair rather than replace, but that battery pack looks like it spent a few months sitting in water. It looks like the battery pack shorted out due to water incursion or extremely high humidity. I think it would be a higher than normal gamble trying to do targeted parts replacement. You would definitely want to replace those electronic components that look damaged, but if as you say all the battery block voltages are almost flat, its hard to say if they will be able to be revived, especially if they drained due to a short. You might find some cells are permanently damaged, and if you get into having to replace cells, then the issue becomes can you selectively replace them. Normally these battery packs use cells that are balanced with each other to avoid extra wear between cells. When you replace only some cells, chances are the mix of old and new cells will only accelerate the death of the remaining cells (same reason you don't mix old and new batteries in any battery powered device). From what I see, and if it was me, I would hang my head and sigh, and just replace the entire pack without entertaining the notion of trying to save money by doing a repair.

You mention no nearby dealer too. Normally those packs must be charged by a hybrid pack specific charger. Without that option, you would have to charge the battery blocks individually (assuming all damage was fixed). I've often thought if I had a cell failure in my pack I would entertain just doing a cell or block replacement just to get a bit more time out of it, but from your picks I just see a lot more risk than usual in such a repair. Good luck.