Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the GS450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the GS450H. Please use the main 4GS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation GS models.

Bought Almost New 2018 GS 450h!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-21, 06:47 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,124 Likes on 1,515 Posts
Talking I Bought a Practically New 2018 GS 450h!

I just bought a practically new 2018 GS 450h to replace my 2013 GS 350 I recently sold. I'm looking forward to seeing how the hybrid and CVT does. I was able to find an almost new GS 450h with only 5k miles in my favorite color combination of Liquid Platinum exterior with black interior.

I considered a nice 2017 GS 450h F Sport that was loaded with triple beam headlights and HUD but it had many more miles than the 2018 I bought and the color was Atomic Silver so I passed on that one. Plus, I prefer the ride quality of 18" wheels and tires for the GS and just didn't want to deal with staggered tires again or the persnickety F-Sport brake squeal, fast pad wear and brake dust.

I'm looking forward to the hybrid experience!

Last edited by bclexus; 12-13-21 at 10:18 AM. Reason: grammar
The following 6 users liked this post by bclexus:
AJLex19 (12-02-21), bob256k (12-02-21), greys0uled (01-10-22), Im2bz2p345 (11-30-21), Neil64 (12-06-21), ratobuza (07-29-22) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-30-21, 07:35 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,333 Likes on 1,059 Posts

Congrats. Only 5k WOW. Like new. Pics!!!
The following users liked this post:
ratobuza (12-14-21)
Old 11-30-21, 07:40 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jgscott
Congrats. Only 5k WOW. Like new. Pics!!!
Thanks! Yeah, let me get a thin layer of Texas dust on it before I take any pics...

Last edited by bclexus; 12-12-21 at 08:51 PM.
Old 11-30-21, 09:55 PM
Im2bz2p345
Instructor

Received 209 Likes on 143 Posts

Wow, congrats @bclexus! That's a super rare vehicle, especially considering the mileage! What color combo and packages does it have? Welcome to the mini 4GS hybrid club btw - you're going to be out most active CL member :P Looking forward to seeing your photos and would love to hear your feedback on the car (likes/dislikes). You might be the one of the few who has experience with both the GS350 and GS450h!

~ Im2bz2p345

Last edited by Im2bz2p345; 12-01-21 at 07:58 AM.
bclexus (12-01-21)
Old 12-01-21, 05:38 AM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Im2bz2p345
Wow, congrats @bclexus! That's a super rare vehicle, especially considering the mileage! What color combo and packages does it have? Welcome to the mini hybrid club btw - you're going to be out most active CL member :P Looking forward to seeing your photos and would love to hear your feedback on the car (likes/dislikes). You might be the one of the few who has experience with both the GS350 and GS450h!

~ Im2bz2p345
In his 1st post he says - "Liquid Platinum with black interior." I had to look 2 times to figure it out too, as usual he went into too much detail. Always love to take a shot at b/c when I can. He does with me too. lol!

Cant wait to see that 5k Black interior, must look like it is brand new. Don't know why he wants to wait to clean it? With his school of thought, I would think he would tell others it is protected by paint from the factory and there is no need to clean it. The paint will last a lifetime of the car and the dust will protect it.
Old 12-01-21, 06:37 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

In his 1st post he says - "Liquid Platinum with black interior." I had to look 2 times to figure it out too, as usual he went into too much detail. Always love to take a shot at b/c when I can. He does with me too. lol!

Cant wait to see that 5k Black interior, must look like it is brand new. Don't know why he wants to wait to clean it? With his school of thought, I would think he would tell others it is protected by paint from the factory and there is no need to clean it. The paint will last a lifetime of the car and the dust will protect it.
I just bought a 2018 GS 450h to replace my 2013 GS 350 I recently sold. I was able to find an almost new GS 450h with only 5k miles in my favorite color combination of Liquid Platinum with black interior.
Really? Was what I said a little too difficult for you to comprehend, jgscott?

Last edited by bclexus; 12-01-21 at 06:44 AM.
Old 12-01-21, 08:13 AM
Im2bz2p345
Instructor

In his 1st post he says - "Liquid Platinum with black interior."
Sorry, I must have glossed over that.

@bclexus - is that the same color combo that you had with your GS350? I don't think there are many 4GS hybrids in Texas. Back when I used to travel more, I only spotted two others "in the wild" (one in Dallas and one is Austin). Did you have to get it shipped from another state? I had mine shipped from California because I could not find one in Texas after looking for a few months.

Btw, just to give you an idea of how rare the vehicle is: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-per-year.html

Look forward to hearing your impressions - if you want to put a smile on your face, once the engine is warm, get it up to highway speed and then floor it. It's like a rocket ship when the batteries are near full and you're already traveling at a decent speed.

I've thoroughly enjoyed my vehicle - it provides a great compromise of luxury, refinement, power, and energy efficiency (without going the plug in/full electric vehicle route).

~ Im2bz2p345

Last edited by Im2bz2p345; 12-01-21 at 08:33 AM.
bclexus (12-01-21)
Old 12-01-21, 11:33 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Wow, congrats @bclexus! That's a super rare vehicle, especially considering the mileage! What color combo and packages does it have? Welcome to the mini 4GS hybrid club btw - you're going to be out most active CL member :P Looking forward to seeing your photos and would love to hear your feedback on the car (likes/dislikes). You might be the one of the few who has experience with both the GS350 and GS450h!

~ Im2bz2p345
Sorry, I must have glossed over that.

@bclexus - is that the same color combo that you had with your GS350? I don't think there are many 4GS hybrids in Texas. Back when I used to travel more, I only spotted two others "in the wild" (one in Dallas and one is Austin). Did you have to get it shipped from another state? I had mine shipped from California because I could not find one in Texas after looking for a few months.

Btw, just to give you an idea of how rare the vehicle is: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-per-year.html

Look forward to hearing your impressions - if you want to put a smile on your face, once the engine is warm, get it up to highway speed and then floor it. It's like a rocket ship when the batteries are near full and you're already traveling at a decent speed.

I've thoroughly enjoyed my vehicle - it provides a great compromise of luxury, refinement, power, and energy efficiency (without going the plug in/full electric vehicle route).

~ Im2bz2p345
Thanks, Im2bz2p345!

Yes, the color combo is the same that I had with my 2013 GS 350. I never grew tired of the Liquid Platinum - I really like it...and I like a black interior. It's classy! It reminds me of looking sharp wearing a tuxedo.

I've seen a number of GS 450h here in the DFW Metroplex area - much fewer than the GS 350 of course, but still more than one might expect to see because they are most definitely rare.

I found the 2018 GS 450h in Las Vegas and had it trailered here.

You asked about the packages/options. The 2018 GS 450h came with a lot of standard features that have been in the Premium Package plus a lot more features that in the past have been additional cost options like heated Steering Wheel or the PA (Intuitive Park Assist) and BD (Blind Spot Monitor) which those latter two options were typically always packaged together. Mine also has a few options that I guess were additional cost options, which I have listed below the standard features listings.

Here are the Standard Features on the 2018 GS 450h:
Performance Features

3.5 Liter Four Cam 24-Valve V-6 Engine with Dual Variable Valve Timing (VVT-i) / Electric Drive Motor with Lexus Hybrid Drive Electronically Controlled Variable Transmission w/Intelligence (ECTV-i), and Paddle Shifters Drive Mode Select Super Ultra Low Vehicle/Tier 2 Bin 3 Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS) 4-Wheel Ventilated Fr/Rr Disc Brakes w/Anti-Lock Brakes, Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist and Regenerative Braking Function 18" 5-Spoke GS 450h Alloy Wheels w/235/45R18 Tires

Safety Features

10 Airbags: Driver & Front Passenger: Front, Knee & Side (6), Rear Side (2), Side Curtain (2) Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) Vehicle Stability Control(VSC), Brake Assist(BA), Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD), Traction Control (TRAC) , Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) Lexus Safety System+: Pre-Collision System w/Ped Detection; All-Speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Ctrl; Intelligent High Beam Headlamps; Lane Departure Alert w/Steering Assist & Lane Keep Assist Bi-LED Dynamic Auto-Leveling Headlamps LED Daytime Running Lamps Blind Spot Monitor w/Rear Cross Traffic Alert

Luxury and Convenience Features

Navigation w/12.3" full screen & single DVD/CD Remote Touch Interface Controller Lexus Enform Safety Connect, Service Connect, Remote, Destinations (includes 1-yr subscription), & App Suite (Complimentary) SiriusXM Satellite Radio (3 month trial subscription) Perforated Leather Trim Interior with Driver Memory System Heated/Ventilated 10-way Adjustable Power Fr Seats, Heated Steering Wheel, Windshield Wiper Deicer, Water-repellent Front Door Glass and High Capacity Heater Smart Access with Push Button Start/Stop Rain-sensing Automatic Wipers Leather-wrapped Steering Wheel & Shift **** Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof with One-Touch Open/Close Auto-Dimming Inside / Outside Rearview Mirrors Power fold exterior mirrors Dual Zone Automatic Climate Control, Automatic Recirculation with Smog Sensor & Air Filter, Power Rear Sunshade / Power Tilt Telescopic Steering Wheel with auto-tilt away Carpet Floor Mats

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mine has these features/options, some of which may have been optional with an added cost:

3M Paint Protection Film (Probably optional with added cost)

G4 Illuminated Door Sills (Probably optional with added cost)

LR Rear Spoiler (Probably optional with added cost, but I don't know about this one)

Z2 Accy Pkg - Trunk Mat, Net, Locks, Bumper App, 2 Key Fob Gloves (I'm guessing probably standard with the GS 450h)

ML Mark Levinson Sound System (Probably optional with added cost but I don't know about this one)

LKA Lane-Keep-Assist (I'm guessing probably standard with the GS 450h)

LDA Lane-Departure-Alert (I'm guessing probably standard with the GS 450h)

OT One-Touch Power Trunk (I'm guessing probably standard on 2018 GS)

UJ Wood Door Trim (Probably optional with added cost)

V2 Glass Breakage Sensor - GBS (Probably optional with added cost)

Note: If you know whether these features/options are standard with the 2018 GS 450h or optional at additional cost, please let me know.

Last edited by bclexus; 12-20-21 at 10:55 AM.
Old 12-01-21, 12:06 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bclexus
Thanks! Yes, the color combo is the same as my 2013 GS 350. I never grew tired of the Liquid Platinum - I really like it...and I like a black interior.

I've seen a number of GS 450h here in the DFW Metroplex area - much fewer than the GS 350 of course, but still more than one might expect to see because they are most definitely rare.

I found the 2018 GS 450h in Las Vegas and had it trailered here.

You asked about the packages/options. The 2018 GS 450h came with a lot of standard features that have been in the Premium Package plus a lot more features that have been additional cost options like the PA (Intuitive Park Assist) and BD (Blind Spot Monitor) which were typically packaged together. It also has a few options which I guess were additional cost options, which I have listed below the standard features listings.

Here are the Standard Features on the 2018 GS 450h:
Performance Features

3.5 Liter Four Cam 24-Valve V-6 Engine with Dual Variable Valve Timing (VVT-i) / Electric Drive Motor with Lexus Hybrid Drive Electronically Controlled Variable Transmission w/Intelligence (ECTV-i), and Paddle Shifters Drive Mode Select Super Ultra Low Vehicle/Tier 2 Bin 3 Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS) 4-Wheel Ventilated Fr/Rr Disc Brakes w/Anti-Lock Brakes, Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist and Regenerative Braking Function 18" 5-Spoke GS 450h Alloy Wheels w/235/45R18 Tires

Safety Features

10 Airbags: Driver & Front Passenger: Front, Knee & Side (6), Rear Side (2), Side Curtain (2) Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) Vehicle Stability Control(VSC), Brake Assist(BA), Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD), Traction Control (TRAC) , Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) Lexus Safety System+: Pre-Collision System w/Ped Detection; All-Speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Ctrl; Intelligent High Beam Headlamps; Lane Departure Alert w/Steering Assist & Lane Keep Assist Bi-LED Dynamic Auto-Leveling Headlamps LED Daytime Running Lamps Blind Spot Monitor w/Rear Cross Traffic Alert

Luxury and Convenience Features

Navigation w/12.3" full screen & single DVD/CD Remote Touch Interface Controller Lexus Enform Safety Connect, Service Connect, Remote, Destinations (includes 1-yr subscription), & App Suite (Complimentary) SiriusXM Satellite Radio (3 month trial subscription) Perforated Leather Trim Interior with Driver Memory System Heated/Ventilated 10-way Adjustable Power Fr Seats, Heated Steering Wheel, Windshield Wiper Deicer, Water-repellent Front Door Glass and High Capacity Heater Smart Access with Push Button Start/Stop Rain-sensing Automatic Wipers Leather-wrapped Steering Wheel & Shift **** Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof with One-Touch Open/Close Auto-Dimming Inside / Outside Rearview Mirrors Power fold exterior mirrors Dual Zone Automatic Climate Control, Automatic Recirculation with Smog Sensor & Air Filter, Power Rear Sunshade / Power Tilt Telescopic Steering Wheel with auto-tilt away Carpet Floor Mats

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It also has these optional features:

3M Paint Protection Film

G4 Illuminated Door Sills

LR Rear Spoiler

Z2 Accy Pkg - Trunk Mat, Net, Locks, Bumper App, 2 Key Fob Gloves

ML Mark Levinson Sound System

OT One-Touch Power Trunk

UJ Wood Door Trim

V2 Glass Breakage Sensor (GBS)
What was in Vegas, was suppose to stay in Vegas.

But seriously that was a nice option package. I always say the 1st one or 2 cars you pass on, always end up getting you something way better, and exactly what you want. Patience!

Does it have the light Bamboo Wood?
Old 12-01-21, 02:17 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

What was in Vegas, was suppose to stay in Vegas.

But seriously that was a nice option package. I always say the 1st one or 2 cars you pass on, always end up getting you something way better, and exactly what you want. Patience!

Does it have the light Bamboo Wood?
Thanks, jgscott!

I think Lexus stopped putting Bamboo in the GS 450h some years ago.
The following 2 users liked this post by bclexus:
Im2bz2p345 (12-01-21), jgscott (12-02-21)
Old 12-01-21, 08:46 PM
Im2bz2p345
Instructor

Thanks, jgscott!

I think Lexus stopped putting Bamboo in the GS 450h some years ago.
Sounds like you found one very equipped vehicle!

You are correct - Lexus only had bamboo for the 2013 and 2014 models. They used a 3rd party company to design and produce things like the bamboo steering wheel, so I would imagine to cut added cost in a very low production vehicle, they decided to "axe" the bamboo.

I couldn't find a Lexus press release for the 2018 GSh because I think it was no longer mass produced and custom ordered after 2017, although there were no longer any changes to it the vehicle.

Note: If you know whether these features/options are standard with the 2018 GS 450h or optional at additional cost, please let me know.
I can take a stab at it.

According to this article that features the 2018 GS 450h (https://cleanfleetreport.com/road-te...lexus-gs-450h/), options on their test vehicle were: power trunklid, intuitive park assist, trunk mat, cargo net, illuminated door sills and an upgraded sound system.

3M Paint Protection Film - definitely optional

G4 Illuminated Door Sills - definitely optional

LR Rear Spoiler - definitely optional

Z2 Accy Pkg - Trunk Mat, Net, Locks, Bumper App, 2 Key Fob Gloves - definitely optional

ML Mark Levinson Sound System - definitely optional

LKA Lane-Keep-Assist - standard on 2017+

LDA Lane-Departure-Alert - standard on 2017+

OT One-Touch Power Trunk - definitely optional

UJ Wood Door Trim - standard. My 2013 has a bamboo door trim (instead of wood).

V2 Glass Breakage Sensor - my 2013 has this so I'm guessing it's standard for the GSh. It comes as part of the factory alarm. More info: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ge-sensor.html

@bclexus , it's worth saving a copy of the 2017 press release PDF where Lexus provides a lot of specifications on the car (i.e. it has a 240 cell, Ni-MH, 650V max voltage battery system that is capable of producing 41 hp/30 kilowatts): https://pressroom.lexus.com/2017-lex...pecifications/

Hope that helps,

~ Im2bz2p345
bclexus (12-02-21)
Old 12-02-21, 09:19 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks, Im2bz2p345!

I wasn't sure, but I thought maybe the OT option might have become standard in the most recent years for the 4GS.

I think the 3M, G4, LR, UJ, Z2 and V2 options are installed at the 'Port' for whatever it's worth. Whereas BD, PA, NV, ML and OT are factory installed as part of the manufacturing process for whatever it's worth.

I think the 3M, G4, Z2 and V2 options cost extra and are added to the MSRP window sticker, but I'm not sure about LR, OT, ML and UJ costing extra on the 2018 GS 450h.

Last edited by bclexus; 12-21-21 at 07:27 AM.
Old 12-02-21, 01:39 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,152 Likes on 850 Posts

@bclexus congrats on the new ride!

Any immediate driving impressions/handling/feel differences between your old 2013 GS350 and the newer 2018 GS hybrid you now have?
The following 2 users liked this post by AJLex19:
bclexus (12-02-21), jgscott (12-02-21)
Old 12-02-21, 02:54 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AJLex19
@bclexus congrats on the new ride!

Any immediate driving impressions/handling/feel differences between your old 2013 GS350 and the newer 2018 GS hybrid you now have?
What I wanted to know also a 2013 owner.

He had it delivered. He may not have wanted to put gas in it to drive it yet. He does not like putting fluids in the car. He also maybe worried about driving around in a Made in Japan lictric plug in car, in a Oil state.
Old 12-02-21, 07:18 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

What I wanted to know also a 2013 owner.

He had it delivered. He may not have wanted to put gas in it to drive it yet. He does not like putting fluids in the car. He also maybe worried about driving around in a Made in Japan lictric plug in car, in a Oil state.
The car is being detailed and all gussied up for me. The world-renowned 'bclexus peformance garage team' is just beginning the process of cleaning the valve stems and valve caps on the tires. Next they will be quadruple cleansing the air used to fill the tires to my specified air pressure requirements to meet maximum performance potential.

I'll report my comparative findings probably next week after I make some track time trial runs.

jgscott, considering I have a lot of personal and financial interest in the Texas energy sector, with particular focus on O&G midstream and hard infrastructure, renewables, carbon capture, produced water management, energy storage and energy technology, private equity investors and capital markets, etc. - I plan on only putting the absolute best fluids in the car while extolling the car for its minimal energy consumption and pollution.

Last edited by bclexus; 12-03-21 at 05:30 AM.

Quick Reply: Bought Almost New 2018 GS 450h!