Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2022 and up NX hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the NX Hybrid models. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other 2nd generation NX models.

NX350h Redline Delivered

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-22, 06:55 PM
Lexus22563
Pit Crew

Received 89 Likes on 58 Posts

Edstewbob. How is the road noise in your 350h? I test drove a 350 turbo today with 18 in wheels and well there was more road noise than I expected. How is it in the hybrid with the 29 inch wheels. I did drive it today in 30 degree weather
Old 01-08-22, 07:03 PM
edstewbob
Rookie

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus22563
Edstewbob. How is the road noise in your 350h? I test drove a 350 turbo today with 18 in wheels and well there was more road noise than I expected. How is it in the hybrid with the 29 inch wheels. I did drive it today in 30 degree weather
I would call the road noise moderate with the 20 inch wheels and may reduce the tire pressure a few pounds. Noise and ride quality are I guess what is to be expected with this level of Lexus. I am not happy with the 20 run-flats but undecided if I will eventually switch to 18's and non run-flats.
Old 01-08-22, 08:15 PM
Lexus22563
Pit Crew

Edstewbob, I am looking at the 350h with 18 inch wheels and would get regular tires after the run flats wear out for sure.

on another note, what is your opinion of the infotainment screen?

Last edited by Lexus22563; 01-09-22 at 01:19 AM.
Old 01-09-22, 09:58 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 714 Likes on 522 Posts

Sometimes I have to scratch my head and wonder if Lexus ever listens to feedback from owners. One of my complaints with the 2016 NXh was the high level of road noise. We had factory Michelins on 18" rims. The vehicle just felt like it had too much of that generation's Rav4 DNA, which wasn't a bad vehicle - just not the level of sound isolation I had come to expect from a Lexus model. I can't help but wonder if in their quest for places to lighten the weight of the vehicle, the sound deadening is one of the first victims?
Old 01-09-22, 03:09 PM
Lexus22563
Pit Crew

Technut

i wonder if it is would change if eventually I replaced the run flats with a good set of regular tires.
Old 01-09-22, 03:28 PM
Doug007
Intermediate

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Congratulations on your new ride. A 350 was available at our local dealer for what seemed a matter of minutes before being snapped up. Great color inside and out. Looking forward to hearing more about your driving impressions.
Old 01-10-22, 10:02 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 714 Likes on 522 Posts

Technut

i wonder if it is would change if eventually I replaced the run flats with a good set of regular tires.
I wish I could give you an honest answer/opinion but I just don’t have enough knowledge with run-flats to be qualified to voice an opinion. I would probably be talking to tire stores or even the folks at tire rack.com to get a more “qualified” opinion on that. We have a tire store here that has a 30 day guarantee so I suppose if you have a store with similar promises, you could try the regular tires with relatively low risk?
Old 01-11-22, 09:04 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 769 Likes on 479 Posts
Arrow

Technut

Of course you can change run flats to normal non run flat tires.. That was the thing to do to dramatically improve the Mini cooper's ride quality because BMW supplied the car with run flats. There are many people who dislike run flats. I can count the number of times I've changed a tire and if it ever gets that bad, I call insurance and they send a flat bed to pick up and tow the vehicle.

I really like the interior posted in the thread. That's what I keep building online with that creme color. It's what my wife has on her 18'. I sorta like the brownish one as well but haven't seen anyone post a picture of that yet.

So we'll see. The new NX is leaps and bounds better so far from everything that I have seen from the previous gen. Seems like quite a bit of thought went into making it nicer and make more sense. We have a spot for sunglasses AND our phone!!!! The rear view mirror camera is freaking awesome. I wish ALL cars came with this... they prolly will eventually but that's one of the best features I think for the $200 upgrade is for sure a must have.

-Nigel
Old 01-11-22, 09:55 AM
2merc3lex
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Speaking of the digital rear view mirror, I totally agree it will be very helpful in this car because of the limited rearview with blind spots. I haven't read this or heard on any car reviews, but I hope it has a little bit of wide angle to it. It is a great option for the money.
Old 01-11-22, 11:07 AM
midcow3
Racer

Received 531 Likes on 347 Posts
Lightbulb

Technut

i wonder if it is would change if eventually, I replaced the run flats with a good set of regular tires.
Yes, it will sound better and ride smoother. However, the improvement may not be enough for you. 18 inches tires with 60 aspect ratio (height is equal to 60 percent of width) instead of 50 will give you a smoother more cushioning ride than 50.

I would replace the run-flat tires ( after they wear out and the life of run-flat tires is much less than conventional tires; I will be we are lucky if we even see 20K miles) with regular tires first and if that doesn't satisfy you look for aftermarket wheels and tires ( or Lexus NX 18 inch OEM) with a higher aspect ratio. Currently, there are not a lot of 235/50 R 20 tires available. One good tire that I found is the Michelin PRIMSCY A/S.

Good Luck,
MidCow3
Old 01-11-22, 04:04 PM
JamesAbbe
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by edstewbob
I did find out from Lexus Chat that the Lexus app can only be associated with a single user who has the primary car profile so when I used my wife's credentials I could fully install it on my phone.
I hit the same issue. I set myself as the primary driver which allows remote controlling the cars from the app.
In order to add the second driver's (my wife) profile, I installed the Lexus app on my wife's phone and added the car with VIN.
Then once I entered the car with my wife's phone, the car found the profile. From there you can save it as a new profile.

PS: The second user cannot control the car remotely from the Lexus app. It kind of makes sense but I figured it out the hard way..
Old 01-12-22, 08:11 AM
StraySheep
Pit Crew

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Congratulations. Do you know if your 350h was made in Japan or in Canada?
Made in Japan will have VIN starting with J.
Old 01-12-22, 08:21 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 769 Likes on 479 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by 2merc3lex
Speaking of the digital rear view mirror, I totally agree it will be very helpful in this car because of the limited rearview with blind spots. I haven't read this or heard on any car reviews, but I hope it has a little bit of wide angle to it. It is a great option for the money.
I know with GM models with the digital mirror you can touch the mirror face when it's in camera mode and you can zoom in and make the picture sort of where you want to see (if that makes sense). I haven't seen anything on the Lexus yet, but you could try flipping the tab and then touching the mirror face to see if anything changes in terms of view/zoom...etc.

-Nigel
Old 01-12-22, 08:54 AM
midcow3
Racer

Received 531 Likes on 347 Posts
Post There is a whole other thread about setting Key Fobs

Originally Posted by JamesAbbe
I hit the same issue. I set myself as the primary driver which allows remote controlling the cars from the app.
In order to add the second driver's (my wife) profile, I installed the Lexus app on my wife's phone and added the car with VIN.
Then once I entered the car with my wife's phone, the car found the profile. From there you can save it as a new profile.

PS: The second user cannot control the car remotely from the Lexus app. It kind of makes sense but I figured it out the hard way..
This thread talks about setting Key Fob in a lot more detail.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...errerid=161523

YMMV ( but I plan to get 40 mpg )
Midcow3

Last edited by midcow3; 01-12-22 at 08:57 AM. Reason: didn't copy link
Old 01-24-22, 02:21 PM
bbr00ks
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by rellim
Nice car. I thought the 14" screen was only available on the Luxury trim.
Mine came with it without asking and my dealer said most of them come that way - I had to accept or wait.

Now that I have it I really like it.
The following users liked this post:
Lexus22563 (01-24-22)

Quick Reply: NX350h Redline Delivered