Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2022 and up NX hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the NX Hybrid models. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other 2nd generation NX models.

My 450h is back from service…and…and.. (update, replacement?)

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-22, 05:40 PM
Peterun
Pit Crew

Received 87 Likes on 39 Posts
Default My 450h is back from service…and…and.. (update, replacement?)

And I think it’s fixed! Spent two nights at Desert Lexus. Service tech spent a few hours with me, reviewing my videos. He stripped the car of all settings and profiles and worked with his own phone (iPhone 13) and set things up with great care. He and I learned something: it’s best to set up all things media and nav thru the Apple CarPlay. That is the ideal main screen. Easy to go to other functions, including SiriusXM, by hitting the “Lexus” icon on the various CarPlay choices. Then…click on “radio.” So far, all functions…including phone and text are working fine. Separately, the volume still does not lower when I give verbal commands. But that’s for another time.

BTW, I do not appreciate the trolling here by those that are critical of our first world concerns. And I will not dignify any of your criticism. Suffice to say, I’ve reported your posts to the monitor.
The following 3 users liked this post by Peterun:
bdwpac81 (02-03-22), cmsnow3 (02-03-22), hintonwood (02-03-22)
Old 02-03-22, 05:55 PM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Received 81 Likes on 62 Posts

Go Peter...good luck
The following users liked this post:
Lexus22563 (02-04-22)
Old 02-04-22, 09:21 AM
Lexus22563
Intermediate

Received 89 Likes on 58 Posts

Thanks your experience will help others whenever we get ours .
Old 02-04-22, 09:27 AM
Peterun
Pit Crew

Most welcome….if you need help, I can forward the name of my service advisor. Much time spent on getting this to work correctly. It’s a great, really great vehicle. Very different from the RAV Prime.
Lexus22563 (02-04-22)
Old 02-08-22, 11:12 AM
Peterun
Pit Crew

Default Sad to say…very sad…

My NX450h has lapsed back to its original sorry state. Going in for service: visit #4. I love this vehicle, I hate this vehicle. Case filed with Lexus. Lawyers commissioned today.
Old 02-08-22, 12:30 PM
shiftD7
Driver

Received 67 Likes on 31 Posts

I'm sorry to hear you're having so many issues. Would you be open to sharing some of the videos documenting these issues? I'd be curious to see how this plays out and to know what to look for when I take delivery so that I can avoid taking delivery of a vehicle that does not work in the first place.
Old 02-08-22, 01:34 PM
ratheesh
Driver School Candidate

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Is it about the infotainment issues you're having? Any other mechanical issues?
Old 02-08-22, 01:46 PM
Peterun
Pit Crew

Zero mechanical issues. I truly have loved this vehicle. Issue is all settings, inclusive of lighting, door settings, iPhone, seat settings, CarPlay, etc.. All calls/texts are with phone in hand. Can sometimes be set up….after stripping everything off. That can last as long as a few days. And then all is lost. Great car….but not ready for prime time. Too many hours and days….phone calls, trips to service, overnight sleepovers. Pls do not call this “first world issues.” All I’m asking for is what I paid for.
The following 3 users liked this post by Peterun:
gnatuw (02-11-22), JPB23 (02-08-22), ratheesh (02-08-22)
Old 02-08-22, 01:47 PM
hintonwood
Pit Crew

Received 89 Likes on 50 Posts

Terrible news @peterun 😢

You gave the rest of us having profile problems hope.

I had mine reset to Factory settings yesterday and it was delivered back to me this afternoon. I have since been able to set up my profile, link it to my key (that option was not even on the screen last week) and now when I open the door it welcomes me and loads my profile automatically.

From what you have said, I can only hope that the issue is permanently fixed.

Good luck with your battle.
JPB23 (02-08-22)
Old 02-08-22, 01:48 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts

Can a car be lemoned for those reasons? I thought it had to be mechanical issues to be lemoned.
Old 02-08-22, 02:03 PM
Peterun
Pit Crew

My lemon law law team state that two such visits to service during the first month, under 1,000 miles qualifies this vehicle. I’m in at 3 visits now. And yes, it’s unsafe for me to drive, considering the # of phone calls and texts I send daily, while hand holding my phone. Law team gets 1/2 of all monies received after a full refund to me. I’m only asking for my money returned. Law firm gets zero if vehicle is not taken back…and if additional remuneration payment is not achieved. They are very eager to take this on.
Old 02-08-22, 03:30 PM
ctripps2k
Pit Crew

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Peterun
My lemon law law team state that two such visits to service during the first month, under 1,000 miles qualifies this vehicle. I’m in at 3 visits now. And yes, it’s unsafe for me to drive, considering the # of phone calls and texts I send daily, while hand holding my phone. Law team gets 1/2 of all monies received after a full refund to me. I’m only asking for my money returned. Law firm gets zero if vehicle is not taken back…and if additional remuneration payment is not achieved. They are very eager to take this on.
let me get this straight, they refund you $60,000 for a vehicle and the law team gets $30,000? If that is the case I will just outright sell it for $40,000.
Old 02-08-22, 03:44 PM
Peterun
Pit Crew

No….They guarantee me full return of money to purchase vehicle….roughly $67,000 inclusive of tax and plates. No law fees. And they get zero if I only recoup all of my money spent on this car. What I did not know is that they commonly receive double the cost of the vehicle as a penalty/remunerative fee from the manufacturer. They commonly split that fee with the car owner enduring the issues. In other words, the law firm takes 50% of the money above the purchase price (plus tax and license) of the car. I’m not interested in any profit here….just an easy exit from my NX.
gnatuw (02-11-22)
Old 02-08-22, 04:49 PM
midcow3
Racer

Received 565 Likes on 374 Posts
Angry Fickled owner

Wow. Going back rereading your posts. What a fickled owner.! You need to find a car without any electronics and get someone to train you on how to use advanced electronics.

Old 02-08-22, 05:49 PM
AWR
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by midcow3
Wow. Going back rereading your posts. What a fickled owner.! You need to find a car without any electronics and get someone to train you on how to use advanced electronics.
It’s not operator error on his part—the car DOES NOT work. This isn’t the only instance of this. He has every right to be frustrated and to seek means to recoup his money.
The following 3 users liked this post by AWR:
gnatuw (02-11-22), JPB23 (02-09-22), redraptor (02-10-22)

Quick Reply: My 450h is back from service…and…and.. (update, replacement?)