Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2022 and up NX hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the NX Hybrid models. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other 2nd generation NX models.

Several "DISLIKES" so far on my 350h premium package

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-22, 07:39 AM
Lunfengzhe
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by nx450hfspt
Forgot to mention: for the 14 in screen you can adjust the screen brightness I think. Don't know about the dashboard, but its brightness looks ok to me.
Maybe I jumpped too fast here.
I didn't mean the screen is dim. on the other hand, it's too bright to me. What i mentioned here is the optional THEMATIC-AMBIENT ILLUMINATION. Again, it's too dim!
Old 02-19-22, 07:41 AM
Lunfengzhe
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ihave1cat
No auto walk-away lock?! That’s crazy! I’m so used to it in my ‘18 CRV that I dunno how I’m going to transition to the Lexus!

jokes aside, that’s an odd feature to miss in a luxury car. I hope they add it in, but I won’t hold my breath.

The MID is quite dated. The CRV’s MID is good, not quite configurable, but not bad, but the NXs is quite dated, yes. It’s a poor use of space. Oddly enough, models with the HUD get a better MID. It removes the physical ring around the “charge/eco/power” gauge and allow for the full 7” display to be used. For all of Lexus’s quest for refinement, the MID is quite unrefined. The mix of physical gauges (temp/fuel), LED status indicators and LCD panel doesn’t really make the car stand out. Even the new Honda Civic Touring trim has a very beautiful and customizable MID, not to mention my friends Ford F-150.

it’s a shame really, Lexus could have used it to further showcase the LSS+ 3.0 with some nice and accessible menus.

parts shortage maybe? Not enough producers of quality MID-size displays? Kia/Hyundai buying all of them up? I guess we will never know.
Apparently Lexus want people to use HUD as much as possible, but consider the chip shortage, the HUD and MID only exist in very few dealership and almost every youtube videos.
Old 02-19-22, 07:45 AM
Lunfengzhe
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lexus22563
Can you 350h premium owners without the heads up display tell me if you see ave mpg as you drive and can reset ave mpg after refueling? I realize the MID dash is different from the nx with the heads up display MID dash. One poster lungfen said he cannot see the ave mpg and cannot reset the ave Mpg after fueling up. Can any one confirm this. Maybe it is just not knowing how to look for this?
I am suppose to get delivery of a 350h premium last week of March. I do see that the MID dash is not as good as the the ones with the head up display but was hoping all the functions of average mpg and ability to reset ave mpg after refueling is there. My 2018 Highlander has this ability and would be upset if the Lexus 350h does not have these basic functions
I don't want to scare you (maybe i have already have ).
It can show the avg MPG, but so far what i got is the MPG since this car was born. Yes, i can reset the trip A and trip B to 0, however, that is. I suppose to see the avg MPG per that trip, but i didn't get that.

So as a summary what i got here is:
1. the avg MPG since car was born (according to ODO meter)
2. the avg MPG per drive. As everytime i drive to shopping, it will calculate the agv MGP per this trip. Not trip A or trip B.

I hope i missed something here, but after i spent two hours to fight with it, i quit. Maybe someone can point out what i missed here.

reset trip automatically after refuel? I didn't see that sorry.
Old 02-19-22, 07:47 AM
Lunfengzhe
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ttaylor121
The issues I have so far are with profiles and memory setting. Both my wife and I have Lexus app capable cars. Naturally, I want to have both cars in the app. Can do that, but only one can actually control it remotely with the app? Seems poorly thought out..

I think I saw a setting to automatically lock the doors and you could even set the delay? You guys not have that setting or does it do something else?
That will lock you car once you start to drive.. it is different from walk-away lock.
Imaging, who need a 60 seconds delay to lock the car after leave the car
Old 02-19-22, 07:48 AM
Lunfengzhe
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lesz
Are you using the "brake hold" feature? If you are, that could be what you are feeling when you are completely stopped and, then, start moving again. When using the brake hold feature, it takes a second or so for the brake to disengage when you are ready to start moving again.
I would say, maybe not. Even i didn't use it at a stop sign, sometime i will got annoying thing. I will check with dealership and maybe update here afterwards.
Old 02-19-22, 08:00 AM
Lunfengzhe
Driver School Candidate

Just share some "LIKES". I don't want you to be scared with my DISLIKES.

1. the drive is very smooth. that make you feel that you are driving a Deluxe car.
2. It's Very Quiet. My old accord used to have a big problem with its type of noise. This one is better. And in the car, you feel quiet because the car windows are great.
3. The 14 screens show up everything very clear. And it can be turned off! I can't turn off my screen in my accord. Especially in the dark time on a highway. However, this could be easier because if you want to turn off it, you must go to settings and select display. I just wish the physical button can work on that.
4. Wireless carplay, is nice.
5. Fuel efficiency is good. I know some 350 owners just complain about their fuel efficiency, however, on my 350h, it can reach 40 MPG easily. Consider it's still cold in the wintertime, this could be even better in the summertime.
6. car seats are comfortable.
7. Trunk door open fast.
8. remote control works fine and it could help to start the engine. This is a nice feature. I only have one profile, so no issue so far.
9. The ACC is better than my accord 2018. Although they provide the almost same features. i feel smoother, in the situation that when following a car and then a car just jump into the queue. I always feel a kind of hard break on my accord, but NX is must smoother than that. BTW, there is another DISLIKE i would like to share. In my previous according if i use ACC and then would like to add speed, I can hold the button and it will jump every 5 miles in one step, so for example, 50, 55,60,65... it is easier to reach the speed i want. but in NX, i can only add the speed 1 mile by 1 mile.

Anyway it's a nice car and more fun will be found!
The following users liked this post:
HeavenSold (02-19-22)
Old 02-19-22, 08:45 AM
ttaylor121
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Lunfengzhe
That will lock you car once you start to drive.. it is different from walk-away lock.
Imaging, who need a 60 seconds delay to lock the car after leave the car
​​​​​​The settings I was referring to is the auto relock timer under key settings. This will allow you to set the delay used to relock the doors of they've been unlocked, but not opened.

Well, since we drive a Lexus, we're aloud to unlock or door and forget to get in, but can't forget to lock our doors after getting out, unless we use the lift gate.. good thinking Lexus!!! 🤦‍♂️
Old 02-19-22, 10:19 AM
hintonwood
Pit Crew

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Just share some "LIKES". BTW, there is another DISLIKE i would like to share. In my previous accoif i use ACC and then would like to add speed, I can hold the button and it will jump every 5 miles in one step, so for example, 50, 55,60,65... it is easier to reach the speed i want. but in NX, i can only add the speed 1 mile by 1 mile.

Anyway it's a nice car and more fun will be found!
I believe my cruise control is set so that a short press on the + gives a 1mph increase and a long press on the + gives a 5mph increase. This is explained at 6.2 in the UK NX 350h manual.
Old 02-19-22, 11:18 AM
nx450hfspt
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

The music name is quite annoying. But since you said you are fine using Apple? So is that ok for you to display some Japanese, Korean or Chinese character correctly? I am using Spotify but Apple music. If you said your is ok, i believe Lexus will fix that later soon.
I just tried Spotify and foreign song titles/artist names display fine for Japanese/Korean/Chinese characters. Most likely a bug or maybe they have different software package for different types of NX?
Old 02-19-22, 12:32 PM
Lexus22563
Pit Crew

Received 89 Likes on 58 Posts

The information cluster on the left, should be able to allow you to see the average mpg. Then allow you to reset it after a fuel up. I think you have to scroll down to find it. The reason why I think you can is because it looks very similar to my cluster that n my 2018 Toyota Highlander.

Last edited by Lexus22563; 02-19-22 at 01:07 PM.
Old 02-19-22, 12:52 PM
Lunfengzhe
Driver School Candidate

The Trump formation cluster on the left, should be able to allow you to see the average mpg. Then allow you to reset it after a fuel up. I think you have to scroll down to find it. The reason why I think you can is because it looks very similar to my cluster that n my 2018 Toyota Highlander.
Thanks
To me, it's like the left panel is not configurable. I do see other Toyota/Lexus models that there is configuration icon to the left panel. However, on this NX 350H, I didn't find anywhere that i can configure anything. Maybe it's due to software version i don't know. But definately i will check it with dealership.

The following picture i took from internet, which shows a MID for 2019 ES. Does anybody have that configuration icon?? I don't have it at all.

Last edited by Lunfengzhe; 02-19-22 at 12:56 PM.
Old 02-19-22, 01:04 PM
Lexus22563
Pit Crew

Go to “i” icon and scroll down. I think you should see average mpg. Then reset that after refueling by pressing on “ok” button on steering wheel.
Old 02-19-22, 01:06 PM
Lunfengzhe
Driver School Candidate

Go to “i” icon and scroll down. I think you should see average mpg. Then reset that after refueling by pressing on “ok” button on steering wheel.
Had tried that but without luck. The OK button for me is only useful when I choose music resources. None of the items until "i" icon is configurable to me. Not sure if this is only me or someone else.
Old 02-19-22, 01:10 PM
Lexus22563
Pit Crew

If you moved left to that “I” icon then down, did you see the ave mpg at least?
Old 02-19-22, 01:12 PM
Lunfengzhe
Driver School Candidate

If you moved left to that “I” icon then down, did you see the ave mpg at least?
Yeah, i can see that.
the first screen under "i" is the total avg MPG since car is born; If i scroll down, then it show the avg MPG for current trip. Not trip A or trip B, current trip while I am driving. And that number cannot be changed if i switch from trip A to trip B or to ODO meter. Long press "OK"? nothing happened.

Quick Reply: Several "DISLIKES" so far on my 350h premium package