Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2022 and up NX hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the NX Hybrid models. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other 2nd generation NX models.

Several "DISLIKES" so far on my 350h premium package

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-22, 02:14 PM
Lexus22563
Intermediate

Received 89 Likes on 58 Posts

But can you reset the ave mpg for when after you refuel? I am not sure about trip A and trip b because I never used thst. Only reset mpg after each fuel up. Can you do this? Just press ok and you will get zero.

but I guess you are trying to reset trip a or b?
Old 02-19-22, 02:56 PM
gcskoor
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Coming from a 2017 CRV Touring, if I a reading these post correctly, the NX 350h Luxury I have on order will not have these CRV features:

1)No auto lock walk-away feature? I really like this.

2)When you do a fill-up the trip A adapter reset automatically to zero and MPG reset also? Lexus does not have option? Again, really like.

3) Center cluster display is large, all digital and it easily show RPM, instantly MPG and average MPG without an schooling. On Lexus data is there, just hard to see at one time?

4) The CRV allows you to do lane tracing without ACC. Lexus you have to be in ACC to get lane tracking? I almost always have lane tracing on. It works ok.

These are not showstoppers, my order will stand regardless, And some I knew already. But if they are gone,I will miss them. SAD. But I could also list the things I don't like about the CRV. And they are worst than not having an auto lock. LOL. Freezing being one of them, gas in oil dilution, no true TMPS and gives a lot of false negatives, ACC is jerky and brakes way to hard (scares the guy tailgating you), poor dealer support, no engine or display updates, and leather seats failing after 15K miles. Sad. Really looking forward to get back into the Toyota family (two Camrys). The CRV was my first Honda and last.

Last edited by gcskoor; 02-19-22 at 03:03 PM.
Old 02-19-22, 04:49 PM
Lexus22563
Intermediate

Lungfeng, I don’t know how to reset trip a or b. In the nx350 but I will try to figure it out when I get it. I just looked at my Highlander and there is a manual button or thick needle like plastic item that you push down to pick a or b and then push down and hold to clear A Or B. I don’t think the new Lexus NX has this and there must be a digital way to do it. Sorry I did not understand your issue. I thought I knew because the info cluster on the left looks so similar to the toyota cluster
Old 02-19-22, 06:01 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

You said

6. The volume on the highway is too low.
​​​​​​​What volume?
Old 02-19-22, 06:41 PM
ctripps2k
Pit Crew

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus22563
Lungfeng, I don’t know how to reset trip a or b. In the nx350 but I will try to figure it out when I get it. I just looked at my Highlander and there is a manual button or thick needle like plastic item that you push down to pick a or b and then push down and hold to clear A Or B. I don’t think the new Lexus NX has this and there must be a digital way to do it. Sorry I did not understand your issue. I thought I knew because the info cluster on the left looks so similar to the toyota cluster
resetting trip

Old 02-19-22, 10:23 PM
edstewbob
Rookie

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jer
Are you referring to Homelink?
I think they are referring to the feature we have in our Tesla that automatically activates Homelink and opens the garage door when returning home.
Old 02-19-22, 11:36 PM
hintonwood
Pit Crew

Received 89 Likes on 50 Posts

My Lane Tracking is on without the ACC being engaged.
The following users liked this post:
KingKewl (02-19-22)
Old 02-20-22, 12:53 AM
Lexus22563
Intermediate

Ctrips, thank you! Lungfenzhe will appreciate your post
Old 02-20-22, 11:24 AM
gcskoor
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by hintonwood
My Lane Tracking is on without the ACC being engaged.
Interesting, per the 350h manual (page 368), it says it does not. I wonder if we are talking about the same thing. I think the lane departures is always on the NX as is is in CRV. I am referring to the Lane Tracing Assist driver function that keeps the car in the center of the lane when on highway. I hope the manual is in error. I don't see why you would have to have ACC one. As noted, my CRV does not require ACC to lane center.

Manual clip below"
"LTA Function● When driving on a road with clear lane lines with the dynamic radar cruise control operat- ing, lane lines and preceding and surrounding vehicles are detected using the front camera and radar sensor, and the steering wheel is op- erated to maintain the vehicle’s lane position.

Use the this function only on highways and ex- pressways.

If the dynamic radar cruise control is not operating, the function will not operate."

Last edited by gcskoor; 02-20-22 at 11:28 AM.
Old 02-20-22, 11:52 AM
hintonwood
Pit Crew

Received 89 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by gcskoor
Interesting, per the 350h manual (page 368), it says it does not. I wonder if we are talking about the same thing. I think the lane departures is always on the NX as is is in CRV. I am referring to the Lane Tracing Assist driver function that keeps the car in the center of the lane when on highway. I hope the manual is in error. I don't see why you would have to have ACC one. As noted, my CRV does not require ACC to lane center.

Manual clip below"
"LTA Function● When driving on a road with clear lane lines with the dynamic radar cruise control operat- ing, lane lines and preceding and surrounding vehicles are detected using the front camera and radar sensor, and the steering wheel is op- erated to maintain the vehicle’s lane position.

Use the this function only on highways and ex- pressways.

If the dynamic radar cruise control is not operating, the function will not operate."
Yes​​​​​@gcskoor we were talking about different systems and I hadn’t read them up fully in the manual. What I am seeing on the display are the Lane Departure Assist (LDA) and the Lane Change Assist (LDA), neither of which require Cruise Control to be on. As you say, the Cruise Control has to be on for the LTA to operate. My UX was so much simpler to understand! 😱
Old 02-20-22, 12:40 PM
gcskoor
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by hintonwood
Yes​​​​​@gcskoor we were talking about different systems and I hadn’t read them up fully in the manual. What I am seeing on the display are the Lane Departure Assist (LDA) and the Lane Change Assist (LDA), neither of which require Cruise Control to be on. As you say, the Cruise Control has to be on for the LTA to operate. My UX was so much simpler to understand! 😱
Yeah, I am having to map the CRV names to Lexus. I think Lexus' LTA is the same as Honda's Lane Keeping Assist.

What I am hearing is the NX's LTA is very good- probably better than the Honda's, I hope. And the ACC is much better. The Honda's ACC will try to follow a car' speed into into to the off ramp and brakes. Sometime pretty hard. . Really bad for the guy behind me.
Old 02-20-22, 02:28 PM
Lunfengzhe
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LiBeRtAs
You said

What volume?
audio volume. You can set up the automatic Volume increasing on highway. But I can’t feel it at all, compare to my previous car.
Old 02-22-22, 10:20 AM
GS3Tek

Received 167 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Lunfengzhe
audio volume. You can set up the automatic Volume increasing on highway. But I can’t feel it at all, compare to my previous car.
In Lexus audio system, they call it ASL (audio sound level)