Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2022 and up NX hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the NX Hybrid models. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other 2nd generation NX models.

NX450h+ Price Paid

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-22, 10:30 AM
ct6978
Intermediate

Received 171 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Nx350fspt
Longo has a one year waiting list. Lol!!!

By the time Longo give you your car at MSRP YOU WONT QUALIFY FOR 7500 TAX CREDIT! 🤣
We were expecting our car in August, but were flexible on color, got it in February. Also, the tax credit will drop to 50% through early next year (estimating) so it may still be worth waiting vs. paying $3-6K over if that's your other option. Plus, next year's model will likely have small fixes and improvements. All depends on your priorities.
The following users liked this post:
HeavenSold (05-20-22)
Old 04-11-22, 10:35 AM
Nx350fspt
Pit Crew

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ct6978
We were expecting our car in August, but were flexible on color, got it in February. Also, the tax credit will drop to 50% through early next year (estimating) so it may still be worth waiting vs. paying $3-6K over if that's your other option. Plus, next year's model will likely have small fixes and improvements. All depends on your priorities.
I'm not flexible. No way I'm getting out without the circuit red interior. That interior is by far the nicest, and perhaps the TT white and black is a far-second place. I just would feel like I'm majorly missing out with the all black interior.
Old 04-11-22, 10:38 AM
myLexus007
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

F sports are harder to get for allocation, and they command usually a higher premium, and the two tone Fsport are usually more desirable. I've spoken to dealerships that are doing $6,000 over MSRP for luxury, but $10,000 for the F sport 450s and pretty much everyone says that the ultra white is the most requested and in demand in the F Sport. You then have to take in the red interior into account as well for the circuit red two tone. It's honestly all relative.

​​​​​​
So you would take F-Sport over Luxury given a choice? Seems like Ultra White Exterior and Red and B/W TT interior are high in demand.
Old 04-11-22, 10:38 AM
badhat
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Got my F Sport (black on black) also at MSRP in NJ -- took delivery on 1/30/22. You have good taste!
Old 04-11-22, 10:45 AM
Nx350fspt
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by myLexus007
So you would take F-Sport over Luxury given a choice? Seems like Ultra White Exterior and Red and B/W TT interior are high in demand.
110%. This is my opinion, and only my opinion, and all the vehicles are great, but in my opinion ---i get nauseous with the digital rear view kind of a gimmick. I also do not like the plastic over the rims, with rims that are not as nice as the F Sport IMO....The advanced Park is also slow, although I do wish it came with the F Sport.

The most compelling reason is the dampers and suspension. The 4400 plus pound vehicle for 450 honestly benefits from the suspension of the F Sport, you don't get as much body roll, and it feels drives nicer. So, aside from the more pleasing aesthetics, the handling on the F Sport truly is better, and it makes a difference on this heavy vehicle.

The ultra white 450 F Sport is the most requested color for Lexus. Any dealership will tell you that. The next thing that any dealership would tell you is that the ultra white 450 F Sport with the circuit red two-tone interior is the most requested and sought after.

So you may get an atomic silver with black interior if you are willing to compromise your initial list, but it's just harder depending on what you want. There are also dealerships who have literally never seen a 450 ultra white F Sport with red interior. Luck plays A part as well.

ct6978 (04-11-22)
Old 04-11-22, 10:46 AM
Nx350fspt
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by badhat
Got my F Sport (black on black) also at MSRP in NJ -- took delivery on 1/30/22. You have good taste!
That's a beautiful one! Congrats!

​​​​​
Old 04-11-22, 11:08 AM
alvinklee
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ct6978
It will halve in Q4
Old 04-11-22, 11:13 AM
ct6978
Intermediate

The most compelling reason is the dampers and suspension. The 4400 plus pound vehicle for 450 honestly benefits from the suspension of the F Sport, you don't get as much body roll, and it feels drives nicer. So, aside from the more pleasing aesthetics, the handling on the F Sport truly is better, and it makes a difference on this heavy vehicle.
Seconding this....the difference between the adaptive suspension (AVS) and the regular dampers isn't just for sporty driving. I've found it improves the driving experience most of the time. I've had both AVS and non AVS versions of ISs, RCFs, and NXs and gotten the chance to drive a few of them on the same roads, back to back. For me, AVS is almost as critical an option as the ventilated seats, and that's saying a lot.
Nx350fspt (04-12-22)
Old 04-11-22, 11:16 AM
ct6978
Intermediate

Originally Posted by alvinklee
It will halve in Q4
It goes to 50% for 2 quarters, then drops to 25% for 2 more, and with Toyota expected to hit the 200K limit by June, you'll get $3,750 Q4 2022 and Q1, 2023.
Old 04-11-22, 11:54 AM
danieljchu
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

End of February I bought an NX 450h+ at MSRP from Moses Lexus in WV. In Ohio, I was told that local Lexus dealerships would not be receiving 450h+ models until later this year maybe next since Ohio is not a ZEV state. A Cincinnati Lexus location suggested I reach out to Moses and as luck would have it, I was able to snag one! I was just looking today and it would seem Metro Lexus in Cleveland happens to show they have a NX 450h+.

During my search I was also considering the RAV4 Prime which nearly every dealership in Ohio that had one which I had reached out to said they were selling at $5-20k over MSRP and the ones they had in stock were already sold, I could join a wait list for $500 to $1k non-refundable fee to wait for a model. So I certainly don't think paying over MSRP is unexpected right now... And if Moses had opt'ed to charge $5k, I would have still considered buying it =) Very very happy with the 450h+.!
HeavenSold (05-20-22)
Old 04-12-22, 09:25 AM
twitte
Pit Crew

Received 58 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by myLexus007
How much did you pay over MSRP?
I was actually trying to forget this painful experience and detail, but since you asked, here it is:
$1,395 for StargardGPS (tracking of the car). Dealer made me buy this to get the car. It actually turned out to be somewhat worthwhile especially if your car is stolen. You can track it in real time.
$795 for "Etch" - dealer marks certain parts of car with VIN (I guess). Dealer made me buy this. Rip off for sure.
$4,000 for XPEL clear bra on front. Dealer tried to sell it for $5K, I said no. I knew the cost if I had it done elsewhere would be between $2-3K. Dealer came down to $4K. He made a lot of money on this one. The sales manager threw this item in at the last minute because they had 2 other people in the dealership wanting to buy the same car. Ugh. I was going to have a clear bra put on anyway after the purchase.
$3,295 for Lexus Extra Care Plantinum coverage for 8 years, 75K miles and zero deductible. The salesman tried to sell it to me for about $5K, I said no. Then after we agreed on the price for the car I went to see the Financial Manager. She took over and offered this again to me but at a reduced the price. She also pulled out a lot of information from Lexus explaining the benefits of the coverage. Because of all the electronics in my car that are not covered by the Lexus standard warranty I decided to get it. If you change your mind later, Lexus will refund your money. I'm happy with this one. I didn't have to buy it, it was totally my decision.
$6,083.04 - Tax, document fees, license, registration and of course a tire fee (probably unique to Calif?).
Total out the door: $76,458.04

PS - I know that my local Lexus dealer would have never tried to sell all these "extras" to me, but he didn't have the car I wanted.
Old 04-12-22, 09:33 AM
Nx350fspt
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by twitte
I was actually trying to forget this painful experience and detail, but since you asked, here it is:
$1,395 for StargardGPS (tracking of the car). Dealer made me buy this to get the car. It actually turned out to be somewhat worthwhile especially if your car is stolen. You can track it in real time.
$795 for "Etch" - dealer marks certain parts of car with VIN (I guess). Dealer made me buy this. Rip off for sure.
$4,000 for XPEL clear bra on front. Dealer tried to sell it for $5K, I said no. I knew the cost if I had it done elsewhere would be between $2-3K. Dealer came down to $4K. He made a lot of money on this one. The sales manager threw this item in at the last minute because they had 2 other people in the dealership wanting to buy the same car. Ugh. I was going to have a clear bra put on anyway after the purchase.
$3,295 for Lexus Extra Care Plantinum coverage for 8 years, 75K miles and zero deductible. The salesman tried to sell it to me for about $5K, I said no. Then after we agreed on the price for the car I went to see the Financial Manager. She took over and offered this again to me but at a reduced the price. She also pulled out a lot of information from Lexus explaining the benefits of the coverage. Because of all the electronics in my car that are not covered by the Lexus standard warranty I decided to get it. If you change your mind later, Lexus will refund your money. I'm happy with this one. I didn't have to buy it, it was totally my decision.
$6,083.04 - Tax, document fees, license, registration and of course a tire fee (probably unique to Calif?).
Total out the door: $76,458.04

PS - I know that my local Lexus dealer would have never tried to sell all these "extras" to me, but he didn't have the car I wanted.
Wait wait wait wait wait, hold on, do we have an honest for a member here? Someone who is disclosing the truth about the market?

As I said before, you will get 5 to 10 responses and people jumping in saying that they paid MSRP or only a thousand over msrp, but then the overwhelming majority of people all of whom bought it is at over msrp, and yes most of the ones on the street were purchase well above msrp, those people will be reluctant to chime in. That's just the way these things work.

Don't feel bad. I know you negotiated pretty hard and you didn't pay $15,000 over MSRP. You paid less than half of that, and you got the exact vehicle that you wanted. It is what it is.
twitte (04-12-22)
Old 04-12-22, 10:32 AM
nx450hfspt
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Wait wait wait wait wait, hold on, do we have an honest for a member here? Someone who is disclosing the truth about the market?

As I said before, you will get 5 to 10 responses and people jumping in saying that they paid MSRP or only a thousand over msrp, but then the overwhelming majority of people all of whom bought it is at over msrp, and yes most of the ones on the street were purchase well above msrp, those people will be reluctant to chime in. That's just the way these things work.

Don't feel bad. I know you negotiated pretty hard and you didn't pay $15,000 over MSRP. You paid less than half of that, and you got the exact vehicle that you wanted. It is what it is.
Not sure where this "5 out of 10" comes from. At least in this forum, I don't imagine why people would lie about their paying MSRP. People may not disclose their prices yes, but if they disclose, I don't see any motivation for lying about paying MSRP though.

Maybe it's just me thinking this way.
The following 2 users liked this post by nx450hfspt:
450hinLA (04-12-22), BC310 (04-30-22)
Old 04-12-22, 11:40 AM
450hinLA
Pit Crew

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by nx450hfspt
Not sure where this "5 out of 10" comes from. At least in this forum, I don't imagine why people would lie about their paying MSRP. People may not disclose their prices yes, but if they disclose, I don't see any motivation for lying about paying MSRP though.

Maybe it's just me thinking this way.
It’s not just you — I’m 💯 with you on this. No idea why someone would lie to a bunch of strangers…makes no sense. If someone were embarrassed by what they paid, then they have no reason to post at all. The 5 to 10 seems pulled out of thin air to me.
Old 04-12-22, 11:42 AM
Nx350fspt
Pit Crew

[QUOTE=450hinLA;11267026]
Originally Posted by nx450hfspt

Maybe it's just me thinking this way.[

It’s not just you — I’m 💯 with you on this. No idea why someone would lie to a bunch of strangers…makes no sense. If someone were embarrassed by what they paid, then they have no reason to post at all. The 5 out of 10 seems pulled out of thin air to me.
, then they will not post or contribute at all. That's why you see a bunch of contributors chiming in about their MSRP or close to the MSRP that they paid for the plug-in, but it is nowhere and accurate representation of the pro rata people who paid MSRP or close to MSRP vs the people that paid 5K and more over. Makes sense? 👍

Quick Reply: NX450h+ Price Paid