Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2022 and up NX hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the NX Hybrid models. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other 2nd generation NX models.

NX450h+ Price Paid

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-22, 12:04 PM
jchall30
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

I can tell you I paid MSRP plus TT&L. No reason for me to lie. But I’m also not in a big market like CA or NY. That can play into what people pay as well
Old 04-12-22, 12:05 PM
Nx350fspt
Pit Crew

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by jchall30
I can tell you I paid MSRP plus TT&L. No reason for me to lie. But I’m also not in a big market like CA or NY. That can play into what people pay as well
Whoever insinuated that you lied or that you are being dishonest. I don't understand.
Old 04-12-22, 01:28 PM
jchall30
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Oh I’m just saying I’m one of the ones that did get lucky and actually pay MSRP in a smaller market. Seems a lot of the over MSRP prices are coming from bigger area . Wasn’t insinuating that no one believed me. Sorry if I came off harsh. Probably didn’t word my post well.

Last edited by jchall30; 04-12-22 at 02:03 PM.
Old 04-12-22, 03:24 PM
scooky
Pit Crew

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

We were considering a Rav4 Prime initially and inquired about the NX 450h+ before giving up on it. We are now waiting in line for our NX 350h.
Toy/Lex dealers around here (WA) said they would not get any plugins anytime soon as we aren't a zev state and encouraged us to check in with Oregon dealers.
All of the Toy and Lex dealers I have talked to in WA and OR have told me they are selling for MSRP. Now, I haven't bought one yet, so who knows what would have actually happened.
Oregon dealers were friendly and put us on lists. Knew how to handle out of state licensing etc. But it will be a long wait, and if I were them, I'd sell to a local that would come back for service rather than someone hundreds of miles away.

On our 350h, they are charging us MSRP, BUT they are adding dealer options. Some of which we would have bought anyway (floor mats etc. $) A few we are neutral to (pulsing brake lights $), Some things we don't want (Lojack $$$)

I know from past experience they tend to put the above things on most of the cars that are sold after arriving at the dealership. But I did get to decline many of these things on my last purchase when it was still in route to the dealership. This time they wouldn't flex on them.

So, over MSRP? Technically no, but in spirit yes. But not by a gross amount. No real complaints in this market.
They also purchased 2 vehicles for the showroom so people could do test drives and experience the vehicles. I'm grateful to them for that.
Old 04-12-22, 10:33 PM
Nx350fspt
Pit Crew

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by scooky
We were considering a Rav4 Prime initially and inquired about the NX 450h+ before giving up on it. We are now waiting in line for our NX 350h.
Toy/Lex dealers around here (WA) said they would not get any plugins anytime soon as we aren't a zev state and encouraged us to check in with Oregon dealers.
All of the Toy and Lex dealers I have talked to in WA and OR have told me they are selling for MSRP. Now, I haven't bought one yet, so who knows what would have actually happened.
Oregon dealers were friendly and put us on lists. Knew how to handle out of state licensing etc. But it will be a long wait, and if I were them, I'd sell to a local that would come back for service rather than someone hundreds of miles away.

On our 350h, they are charging us MSRP, BUT they are adding dealer options. Some of which we would have bought anyway (floor mats etc. $) A few we are neutral to (pulsing brake lights $), Some things we don't want (Lojack $$$)

I know from past experience they tend to put the above things on most of the cars that are sold after arriving at the dealership. But I did get to decline many of these things on my last purchase when it was still in route to the dealership. This time they wouldn't flex on them.

So, over MSRP? Technically no, but in spirit yes. But not by a gross amount. No real complaints in this market.
They also purchased 2 vehicles for the showroom so people could do test drives and experience the vehicles. I'm grateful to them for that.
Lol carjack...yes I understand...they are charging you 3 to 6k over but not over MSRP. Nice 👍
Old 10-06-23, 03:46 PM
allst4risf
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Lease then buy

Originally Posted by jchall30
Oh I’m just saying I’m one of the ones that did get lucky and actually pay MSRP in a smaller market. Seems a lot of the over MSRP prices are coming from bigger area . Wasn’t insinuating that no one believed me. Sorry if I came off harsh. Probably didn’t word my post well.
has anyone successfully leased a car then buy after a month? Right now Lexus has 7k discount for a leased car.
Old 10-06-23, 05:25 PM
erichedge
10th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, I just finished an early lease payoff. I leased a 450h+ to get the lease credit and had it paid off before the first lease payment was due.
As soon as the lease showed up in the Lexus Financial website, I called them and asked for the lease payoff paperwork, which I immediately sent in with a cashier's check. I received the lease payoff confirmation paperwork in 2 - 3 weeks. The only hiccup was that I did not receive the pink slip from the California DMV for about eight weeks after paying off the lease. I'm guessing this delay was because I may have paid off the lease before the pink slip was even created.
Overall it was an easy process with significant savings over a full cash purchase.
Old 10-06-23, 05:31 PM
erichedge
10th Gear

Originally Posted by myLexus007
How much everybody paid for their NX450h+, and location? I found one that $2500 over MSRP, is that a fair price? Has anyone been able to pay at MSRP?
Paid MSRP (on a lease) with no unwanted dealer-installed options. No pressure to buy an extended warranty.
Jim Falk Lexus in Beverly Hills. I flew in from Northern CA just to get this vehicle. Local dealers wanted much more than MSRP and/or had a bunch of unwanted dealer-installed equipment. I highly recommend Jim Falk Lexus.
Old 10-08-23, 11:03 AM
profhoff
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hard to get, but worth it

I'm in SD region of SoCal. I called all the major dealers from SD to LA, including the OC. Nobody had the car and everybody told me they were selling for $3k-$6k over MSRP, plus taxes and fees. But they didn't know when cars would come in and I could put a deposit if I wanted. They werent even trying to sell me the car! Anyway, I found a relatively close dealer and started searching their inventory. There was an NX 450h+ luxury 2024 "in transit" so I called and put a deposit down on that specific car. It was supposed to come in. I searched the inventory everyday. Then one day the car was gone. I called the dealer and he said "oops. looks like someone else got it at the port." I was really upset. So I found another one "in transit," exact same car and transferred my deposit to that car. Watched it and it came in. I RAN to the dealer to get it. They said they could have sold it maybe 3 or 4 times that day if I didn't want it. Wrote a check on the spot and they charged me MSRP plus tax. They added all this stuff I didn't want so they took it off. So I paid exactly sticker price. Very happy but I felt like I had to be on it like a dog.
Old 10-08-23, 11:14 AM
SeismicGuy
Pit Crew

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by erichedge
Paid MSRP (on a lease) with no unwanted dealer-installed options. No pressure to buy an extended warranty.
Jim Falk Lexus in Beverly Hills. I flew in from Northern CA just to get this vehicle. Local dealers wanted much more than MSRP and/or had a bunch of unwanted dealer-installed equipment. I highly recommend Jim Falk Lexus.
I have to agree about Jim Falk. It took a while for me to get my head around that I would need to be paying sticker or more (always got decent amount off sticker in past days but those were past days). I was investigating purchase of NX350h with a few local dealers and either they didn't have the colors or options I was interested in or gave me the runaround and, in one case, had be come out to see the car I wanted only to find the car didn't exist. The last place I would have expected a decent deal and nice treatment was a dealer with "Beverly Hills" in the name but they had been on some referred list (I believe it was TrueCar) and the entire experience there was like a breath of fresh air. They had the color we wanted and were willing to hold the car for a day or so without needing to put down anything. When we visited Jim Falk to see the car and do the deal it went very smoothly and there was only a very soft sell for the extended warranty and extended servicing. I think I even wrote them a nice review on Yelp after the fact.
Old 10-08-23, 11:41 AM
profhoff
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speaking of extended warranty, I would say I got the "moderate sell." Even though I was paying cash, they forced me into the finance guy's office where he went through all the add-ons on his tablet. swiping nope, nope, nope. On the extended warranty he says I should really think about it because the nav system alone is like $14k or something. I passed, but I am wondering if it makes sense?
Old 10-09-23, 12:03 PM
lexsc4
Instructor

Received 192 Likes on 155 Posts

I heard great things about BH Lexus as well. One of my buddy bought a 450H+ from them 9 months ago and was able to score something like $2K+ under MSRP. Don't know how he was able to. No hard sell on after sales products as well.

In April I too flew from the SF Bay area to Crown Lexus (Ontario) to pickup my wife's 24 350h with the exact color combo/options she wanted. It was at MSRP and no add on whatsoever. No hard sell in the F&I guy's office either. I also let them know upfront that I was paying cash in full and there were no finance game. Took me exactly one hour from arriving at Crown Lexus to drive off. My previous record was 45 minutes at Putnam Lexus (Redwood City) back in 2017 when I bought my '17 ES350. I would not hesitate to buy from Crown again or BH. Hopefully when the next gen ES hybrid comes out as MY25, then I will be ready to buy a MY26.
Old 10-23-23, 12:55 PM
Pandomonium
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I just finished an early lease payoff. I leased a 450h+ to get the lease credit and had it paid off before the first lease payment was due.
As soon as the lease showed up in the Lexus Financial website, I called them and asked for the lease payoff paperwork, which I immediately sent in with a cashier's check. I received the lease payoff confirmation paperwork in 2 - 3 weeks. The only hiccup was that I did not receive the pink slip from the California DMV for about eight weeks after paying off the lease. I'm guessing this delay was because I may have paid off the lease before the pink slip was even created.
Overall it was an easy process with significant savings over a full cash purchase.
Can you elaborate how much was the lease credit that you were able to save?
Old 10-23-23, 02:20 PM
erichedge
10th Gear

I had never leased a car before and only did it to get the $7.5k credit. The lease terminology and numbers are, in my opinion, more confusing than a regular purchase.
I knew there was about a $900 charge for the "lease setup" which would lessen the overall benefit of the $7,500 credit. However doing the lease saved me close to $6,200. Here are the numbers:

If I did a regular purchase, which would not have gotten me the $7.5k credit, I think it would have cost about:
MSRP $63,600
9.25% sales tax $5,883
License/reg $750
TOTAL $70,233

My actual out-of-pocket cost to own the car by doing the lease (to get the $7.5k credit) followed by immediate lease payoff:
Lease buyout: $58,875
DMV fees/tax: $5,175
TOTAL $64,050

The difference is $6,183, which is the savings from doing the lease (with immediate payoff) versus a typical purchase.
The following users liked this post:
Pandomonium (10-23-23)
Old 12-04-23, 08:38 PM
djrees
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I had never leased a car before and only did it to get the $7.5k credit. The lease terminology and numbers are, in my opinion, more confusing than a regular purchase.
I knew there was about a $900 charge for the "lease setup" which would lessen the overall benefit of the $7,500 credit. However doing the lease saved me close to $6,200. Here are the numbers:

If I did a regular purchase, which would not have gotten me the $7.5k credit, I think it would have cost about:
MSRP $63,600
9.25% sales tax $5,883
License/reg $750
TOTAL $70,233

My actual out-of-pocket cost to own the car by doing the lease (to get the $7.5k credit) followed by immediate lease payoff:
Lease buyout: $58,875
DMV fees/tax: $5,175
TOTAL $64,050

The difference is $6,183, which is the savings from doing the lease (with immediate payoff) versus a typical purchase.
I was told by my salesman about doing this. Sounded like a great way to save $7500 on our new RX 450h+. But since I live in NV and we are buying in CA he told me he is not able to lease to out of state buyers. Not sure why this is, but that is what I was told.

Quick Reply: NX450h+ Price Paid