Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the GS450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the GS450H. Please use the main 4GS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation GS models.

Lexus GS450H TRIMS PROBLEM PLEASE HELP! PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-22, 11:00 AM
iaposhka
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
@iaposhka - Where is 'here'? Where are you located? Knowing your home country location may be helpful for us to help you.
Im in republic of Georgia if it changes something. we have two official dillers here and none of them have a clue what to do next..

I have techstream myself and made active test on the situation I descrived. its active test direct /port - with idle on both ways and 2500 rev.

adding TSE file. can somebody pleade look at it ? maybe anyone has some idea ?

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/f62...ource=sendgrid

Old 11-12-22, 11:54 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,124 Likes on 1,515 Posts

Originally Posted by iaposhka
Im in republic of Georgia if it changes something. we have two official dillers here and none of them have a clue what to do next..

I have techstream myself and made active test on the situation I descrived. its active test direct /port - with idle on both ways and 2500 rev.

adding TSE file. can somebody pleade look at it ? maybe anyone has some idea ?

You are certainly facing a demanding challenge because of your location. There is not much chance for help in any nearby country to you. Have you tried reaching out for help from Lexus Yerevan in Armenia? Have you tried contacting a Lexus dealership in Israel?

Good luck!
Old 11-16-22, 04:25 AM
iaposhka
Rookie

Default Solve - Unsolvable Rich Fuel Trim Issue help

Lexus GS450H F-sport 2012 GEN IV (European GWL10L-BEXQBW) Mileage 280,000 KM

after purchasing this car about 2 years ago I noticed that when going to EV mode, when car is started for a while and temperature of coolant is about 70-80 degrees car is shaking when shutting down, this shaking is accompanied with clicking noise coming from engine - gearbox link. I started to explore this problem and serviced main components:

- Changed oil with filters
- Cleaned Fuel injectors for direct injection
- CHANGED spark plugs (put new Denso Original ones)
- CHANGED MAF sensor (but using used one , bought used)
- CHANGED fuel injectors for port injection (put used ones from 10,000 mile car)

- CHANGEDfuel pump assembly (including fuel filters and all valves it included Pressure valves in fuel pump housing -all are new)
- CHANGED high pressure fuel pump changing parts (all including orings , everything below spring, all parts that mounts pump to the engine is new. ) main unit is very same.
- CHANGED engine coolant temperature sensor 0 just to make sure it measures coolant temp correctly
- CHANGED fuel sender assembly on right side from fuel pump
- CHANGED oil in Gearbox in official Lexus workshop
-
CHANGED so called Separator case 12216-31030
-
CHANGED so PCV valve with all vacuum hoses
- CHANGED gasket for air cleaner (plastic manifold)
- CHANGED high pressure fuel rail pressure sensor

-Changed both oxygen sensors (B1S1 B2S1 with OEM new ones) I changed only front Ones S1-ones
- installed super expensive oil catcher
-Cleaned Throttle body
-Checked air leaks (what could be checked) with Smoke, to be sure replaced Vacuum hoses (no leaks on shut down car)

after doing all this service, after about 15-20 days I hooked up TIS and started to monitor parameters (to be precise after I couldn`t manage to solve it)

So the situation with trims is follows:

Active Test - Change injection way
Car is warmed up to 92 degrees and remains on idle:

DIRECT INJECTION
Short Trim B1S1 -1.5
Long Trim B1S1 -14.2
Short Trim B2S1 -2.4
Long Trim B2S2 -10.1

PORT INJECTION
Short Trim B1S1 +3.2
Long Trim B1S1 -2.5
Short Trim B2S1 +4.5
Long Trim B2S2 -3.1

To be sure because I felt Petrol smell in oil I went to workshop and changed oil again (I managed to travel about 400km on this oil), Came back home - hooked up TIS again and VOILA. port injection trims are ideal now.. near to Zero (I think after contamination with fuel Lambdas just reading this evaporation in case of port injection, but Direct injection stays in -10 range rich.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!What I noticed: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) when pushing hard (about 5000-6000 RPM on the road), there are sitation about 50% of cases REVS go down slowly, it need 5-6 Sec to come back to normal 1050 rpm,
I mean it realy goes back slowly, So called REV HANG

2) when going to Direct injection, despite the fact that TRIMS remain stable I have fluctuation in Fuel Pressure from 2100 -2600 constantly, I mean constantly changing and I can feel with vibration and changing sound of engine that it changed the rhythm cylinders work)
when going to PORT injection, Pressure is more or rock solid 350 Psi.
One of the biggest finding I observe is that when the fuel inside tank is declining, drops below 50KM car starts to rich TRIMS on Both heads, there have been errors with rich trims even (passed -20 side), After refueling it with fresh Petrol trims go back to adequate rich side ( about minus -10, -12)

with the list of Parts I already changed you could guess that I already spent tones of money but couldnt find the problem Im now in the condition that the car I had on my wallpaper and dreamt of is about to kill me

AND LAST THINK. I made Techstream active test for DIRECT / PORT INJECTION:

- PORT INJECTION - ON IDLE / on 2500 Rev
- DIRECT INJECTION - ON IDLE / on 2500 Rev

in file below every detail of this test.

please help me to solve this problem

LINK FOR TECHSTREAM LOG>

Last edited by iaposhka; 11-16-22 at 04:41 AM.
Old 11-16-22, 05:16 AM
Intermediate

Received 116 Likes on 92 Posts

Throwing parts can get expensive fast , unless you have a junker nearby or donor car , it's never a winning solution.

-14 and -10 seem odd. Does your model have B1S2 & B2S2 O2 sensors.

Last edited by 909; 11-16-22 at 05:25 AM.
The following users liked this post:
93SCMax (11-17-22)
Old 11-16-22, 05:18 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,124 Likes on 1,515 Posts

@iaposhka - You have already made this same exact post in the 4GS Hybrid forum. Why are you posting it again in the regular (non-hybrid) 4GS forum?
Im2bz2p345 (11-16-22)
Old 11-17-22, 07:55 AM
iaposhka
Rookie

Originally Posted by bclexus
@iaposhka - You have already made this same exact post in the 4GS Hybrid forum. Why are you posting it again in the regular (non-hybrid) 4GS forum?
because someone moved it to hybrid section and there are a lo lt less users there. waiting months but no response
Old 11-17-22, 10:00 AM
93SCMax
Intermediate

Received 102 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by 909
Throwing parts can get expensive fast , unless you have a junker nearby or donor car , it's never a winning solution.

-14 and -10 seem odd. Does your model have B1S2 & B2S2 O2 sensors.
It would be helpful to answer this question. I don't know much about this hybrid, but on my GS350, I'd be looking at the downstream O2 sensors. You did write you replaced the upstream O2 sensors with OEM brand, right?

You also didn't mention whether you have thrown any codes. Your long term fuel trims would indicate CAT codes should have been thrown.
Old 11-17-22, 10:20 AM
iaposhka
Rookie

Default S2-s

Originally Posted by 93SCMax
It would be helpful to answer this question. I don't know much about this hybrid, but on my GS350, I'd be looking at the downstream O2 sensors. You did write you replaced the upstream O2 sensors with OEM brand, right?

You also didn't mention whether you have thrown any codes. Your long term fuel trims would indicate CAT codes should have been thrown.

my car has S2-s for sure. but as I understand from logic of this car it is not used to for trims, its to monitor cats and cats work as intended no DTS no fails. when I changed exhaust rings (forgot to mention) looking under exhaust part of cats .. and no black marks.. no burns they look okey. plus car never thrown any errors regarding them.
Old 11-17-22, 12:33 PM
93SCMax
Intermediate

Received 102 Likes on 69 Posts

I believe the downstream O2 sensors are used to adjust the trims and to also compare against the upstream O2 sensor readings. Too large of a difference will throw codes. At least this is the case with non-hybrid Lexus models.

You have no codes so the ECU does not perceive any problem with the engine. I don't know what to say if the management system doesn't perceive a problem.

No cost to you: Double check the MAF o-ring (not cut or rolled) and also the electrical connection into the MAF.

Last edited by 93SCMax; 11-17-22 at 01:29 PM.
iaposhka (12-22-22)
Old 11-21-22, 03:44 AM
iaposhka
Rookie

Originally Posted by 93SCMax
I believe the downstream O2 sensors are used to adjust the trims and to also compare against the upstream O2 sensor readings. Too large of a difference will throw codes. At least this is the case with non-hybrid Lexus models.

You have no codes so the ECU does not perceive any problem with the engine. I don't know what to say if the management system doesn't perceive a problem.

No cost to you: Double check the MAF o-ring (not cut or rolled) and also the electrical connection into the MAF.

installed new MAF with new O-ring, no effect i mean not at all.

please somebody help me guys.. no comments on LOGS I share please somebody take a look
Old 11-22-22, 02:22 AM
Lwerewolf
Instructor

Received 249 Likes on 188 Posts

Check compression, do a smoke machine test for air leaks.
Old 11-23-22, 02:50 AM
petershen
Pit Crew

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

if it happens under braking, it could be vacuum related. Like Lwerewolf suggested, check compression.

Also replacing parts with used parts is very tricky, as you don't know if the used part is working well or not. Might be good to do more vacuum checks first before replacing any more parts.

Don't give up
Old 11-24-22, 01:51 PM
Lwerewolf
Instructor

No vacuum lines on the 450h.
Old 11-28-22, 11:22 AM
iaposhka
Rookie

Default smoke

Originally Posted by Lwerewolf
Check compression, do a smoke machine test for air leaks.
smoke test gives nothing.. no leaks. becides I changed every hose and rubber oring for intake already.. insoected every inch of intake plastic manifold for cracks.. nothing..
Old 11-29-22, 02:42 AM
Lwerewolf
Instructor

Ok I should've read the thread from the start.

Every single GSh that I've seen occasionally shakes at "idle" - defined as the engine running at 1000rpm for no reason other than to calibrate the MAF (right after reaching 70-80deg), to generate heat (climate control needs heat to maintain set temperature) or to just stay on because it's in sports mode. Misfires are also occasionally detected. Don't look at the differential bushing or you'll get even more scared. Doesn't happen when it's charging the battery or anything along the lines.

TLR I wouldn't worry about it too much. I was in the same situation as you. I now have over 365,000km on the odometer (got it at 240k-ish), since that thread - nothing beyond a new B1S1 oxygen sensor (they're wideband) and a new radiator (& resp. thermostat & fuel pump while I was at it). Normal fuel economy, not consuming/leaking oil, not consuming/leaking coolant, normal acceleration numbers, I'm using air filters with a rubber grommet around the sides (Mahle, but others will do as well) to avoid the 5th cylinder dust ingress problems (famous in russian lexus communities). Codes for the cats but at this mileage... the primaries (the ones under the car, the ones at the manifold serve mostly to preheat the primaries and to "filter" contaminants - i.e. they die faster) are still there & active, still looking for a replacement of the precats

p.s. the 4GS inverter is indestructible, it's purely a 3GS problem, don't worry.

p.s.2 - there was a "shaking at idle TSB" for the RX450h - prescription was 6 new injectors (the RX pre-2016 has port injection only). Draw your own conclusions but I'd seriously step back from this.

p.s.3 - one last comment, looking at trims when using "injection way" tests is not exactly a normal condition for the car.
petershen (11-30-22)

Quick Reply: Lexus GS450H TRIMS PROBLEM PLEASE HELP! PLEASE