Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the GS450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the GS450H. Please use the main 4GS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation GS models.

Lexus GS450H TRIMS PROBLEM PLEASE HELP! PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-22, 07:37 AM
iaposhka
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lwerewolf
Cause what?
Cause excessive fuel preasure and god knows what more. what does this return valve do if not opened on time or stuck open
Old 12-20-22, 09:12 AM
Lwerewolf
Instructor

Received 249 Likes on 188 Posts

This one in particular is for the low pressure fuel circuit.
Old 12-20-22, 09:24 AM
iaposhka
Rookie

This one in particular is for the low pressure fuel circuit.
on graph 1 part 5 is sitting on the line of high preasure fuel pump. on other graphs I cleadrly see that line is from HPFP also

sharing you pics of this part. what could this part do if Jammed closed/open in theory.. because testream has soecial test for this particular valve Open/close

when I do so nothing is happening. zero reaction. that 450h guy told me to meet him tomorrow to take logs.. will conduct this test also...

can you help me with ideas what other tests can I do more ? I was thinking about fuel cut test but car is shaking and stalling during this test and I dont want to damage somthing in this guys car.. dont want to scare him AKA

still cant figure out why my car is not stalling (to be orecise comes back to life) after I cut all cylinders from fuel.. ? thats big mistery for me.. even during Compression test widely used by Lex/Toy engineers when measuring cylinder speeds with Active test: Compression test.. car just starts in the mode like when cutting fuel and when it comes to life again.. with strange fuel preasure 500KPi (on normal operation without fuel cut its nearly 350Kpi)

kill me but I think that its main sympthom revealed by active tests, something that must kill fuel to cylinders doesnt do its job.. thatd my clue.. went through all wires by electrical scheme.. learned this graphs of fuel system by heart but I dont know what to look for.. but I really think thats main sympthom with fuel system

Last edited by iaposhka; 12-20-22 at 09:30 AM.
Old 12-20-22, 09:51 PM
Lwerewolf
Instructor

Have you measured fuel pressure? Not with the sensors, with a manometer. The low pressure circuit. Haven't seen you mention this particular part (assumed that you have, given that it's the first thing to check with high negative trims). Reasoning is - might be that the low pressure circuit is overbuilding pressure somehow, leading to port injectors leaking (& resp. the trims that you're seeing when running on "supposedly direct injection").

Last edited by Lwerewolf; 12-20-22 at 09:57 PM.
Old 12-22-22, 07:33 AM
iaposhka
Rookie

Have you measured fuel pressure? Not with the sensors, with a manometer. The low pressure circuit. Haven't seen you mention this particular part (assumed that you have, given that it's the first thing to check with high negative trims). Reasoning is - might be that the low pressure circuit is overbuilding pressure somehow, leading to port injectors leaking (& resp. the trims that you're seeing when running on "supposedly direct injection").

I checked fuel preasure on Low line looked okey, was holding preasure on manometer. but as I mentioned before I changed low line fuel comonents.

-low preasure FP
-whole kit of fuel filter with all new valves
-fuel sender gauge whole (on back passanger side) it has some kind of charcoal canister function also in EUR GS450

there are three things I didnt touched in fuel system:
-Fuel pump ECU in luggage comoartment which controls LPFP
-HPFP
-Direct injectors (only cleaned not replaced)

--------------

now rrgarding bad news:
​​​​today met guy with GS450H US, connected my techstream ans god damn software didnt connect, it connected but couldnt go into engine module.. Error.. tryied different methods but no luck

ordered HPFP from guys with 30,000km on it for vefy low price.. thought if it wont solve the problem at worst scenario I'll have new FP, but after ordering god damn USPS lost my package.. refunded but..

in Cold weather car is behaving more and more bad, fuek trims are already -18

-------------------

I'm out of ideas .. there are some crazy ones, like -

-checking ECU inside cabin (in dash which controls voltage)
-check fuel pump ECU
-find amother HPFP and be sure that its not this part to move on ..
-replace battery with AGM to be sure that all ECU-s get correct voltage (because have previous case with my BMW E60 which had dynamo problem which wasnt genefating enough power) and if you remebebr when I was analyzing data of fuel injection way switch atatus OK/NG single difference which was causing this NG/OK status was voltage

-disassamble whole system, take out injectors and change all orings, plus clean return solenoid I was speaking about

- tripple check compression, cant stop thinking about perfectly white fidth cylinder

and last but not least.. just Neutral this car near clif 😬 not really sure I'll be inside or not

what is your best guess about building up preasure, what can cause is ?
​​​​​

​​
Old 12-22-22, 08:48 AM
iaposhka
Rookie

Tomorrow Im going to repeat vent isolation test, hope wil fogure out something
Old 12-22-22, 08:39 PM
Lwerewolf
Instructor

Techstream's region needs to be switched in order to work on different cars. Japan, NA, EU, RoW.
Old 12-23-22, 05:12 AM
iaposhka
Rookie

Techstream's region needs to be switched in order to work on different cars. Japan, NA, EU, RoW.

will try to change region but but other cars from US including my old CT200 I had no problems with this setup.

Today I repeated isolation test:

So results:

Port injection both banks near to zero after.
Direct injection -6, -5

after I reinstalled Pipes back:

Port injection remained nearly same with some flcutuations
Direct injection flew up ro -12 ,-10

attaching Photo how I did isolation.
attaching video of process, observing severe increase in HPFP noise, its clicking more than 2-3 months ago
-------------
during process obsdrved one sympthom, maybe its related. VVTI valve from B2 (see video) starts to click hard after I floored to 2500RPM and engine oil temp went to 80C.

during driving when I was doing Load test (when load wasnt reaching 100% and eventually did on sport mode) I dont observe any change in VVTI numbers, when in active test everything is changing when I force them to change. please watch vidso maybe it means something.

---------
on that guys car no hissing can be heard from back of engine, I tryied to reach and find hissing area behind engine but no luck to find it.. either its under something to too low.. (hissing can be heard on video 2- middle of the video.. its very noisy but maybe yoy could hear something).

-------

also did HPFP test with changing target preasure on my car and ready to share results but not everything at once

​​​
​​​​​https://youtu.be/tKB3Img_8DIhttps://youtube.com/shorts/tKB3Img_8DI?feature=share

https://youtube.com/shorts/nJfcaxt8vSo?feature=share

Last edited by iaposhka; 12-23-22 at 05:43 AM.
Old 12-23-22, 07:47 AM
Lwerewolf
Instructor

Stupid question. Does the hissing happen with the car in its factory configuration (NO catch can)?
p.s. not sure if a catch can is worth it on this particular model given the dual injection.

The repeat test - you know what my suspicion is. Whether or not it is correct is a different story.

Could be that the USDM gs450h has had its OBD port rewired for security reasons.
Old 12-23-22, 08:00 AM
iaposhka
Rookie

Stupid question. Does the hissing happen with the car in its factory configuration (NO catch can)?
p.s. not sure if a catch can is worth it on this particular model given the dual injection.

The repeat test - you know what my suspicion is. Whether or not it is correct is a different story.

Could be that the USDM gs450h has had its OBD port rewired for security reasons.
I bought this catch can for 50$ and it costs more than 200$, plus the fact that its half full each time I change oil and this oil could end in cylinders.. I think its the best investition I made ao far 🤣🤣 I mean chaging working parts without end..

car was hissing before this.. and after continues.. I cant figure out where is it comming from. when I put hand between engine and back wall of engone compartment where tube is connected .. it is changing sound .. like Echo is changed.. but I cant placr hand there just to find where is it comming from to cover it and make it silent.

catch can changed nothing.. I meen nada 😁

What you think about VVTI sound appearing, what can cause it ? I was thinking maybe preasure is building up in crankase.. going through maybe not ver good sealed VVTI lines and make one of them open/close.. but today with isolated crankase there was no preasure right.. yes... And one more fact

When car is going to charging mode during this test this happens:
MAF is going from 4.2 to 7.2 and vvti valve (the one that makes noise) is going super crazy.. when charging is complete and maf is going back to normal .. vvti valve gradually going back to normal again eventually when oil temp is lowered sound is stopped. during chargin car trims remains on rich side with same ammount.

my best guess is that engine oil is not sufficiently given to this particular valve (last month I tryied to change places) took vzlve from B1 and put it on B2. nothing changed. maybe clogged vvti filter from exhaust side is causing something . sadly its under crankcase.m god dont know why but they replaced them in 2012.the only way to find it out is to take crankase appart.

​​​​​​
Old 01-05-23, 08:31 AM
Lwerewolf
Instructor

...theoretically possible that the oil is too diluted at this point...? I'm guessing you're not using a good xw20 given that you're changing it very often.

On that note, 5w30 is fine:

Old 02-20-23, 06:20 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,124 Likes on 1,515 Posts

@iaposhka - I'm really hesitant to open this thread back up for fear it'll continue on endlessly for some time to come, but my curiosity got the best of me, wondering if you ever resolved this mysterious concern of yours. So, I'm wondering, did you resolve it?
The following users liked this post:
Im2bz2p345 (02-20-23)
Old 02-21-23, 02:49 AM
iaposhka
Rookie

Originally Posted by bclexus
@iaposhka - I'm really hesitant to open this thread back up for fear it'll continue on endlessly for some time to come, but my curiosity got the best of me, wondering if you ever resolved this mysterious concern of yours. So, I'm wondering, did you resolve it?
sadly no. still same issue. replace HPFP from last thread. and MaF sensor. zero effect
Old 02-22-23, 12:55 AM
Lwerewolf
Instructor

Can only say wtf. Guess it's time to reread the thread and speculate more on what the hell can the problem be O_O
Old 03-14-23, 09:35 AM
Stripester
1st Gear

Hi,

I saw your video and can say thats one NOISY engine, has it been ran out of oil??

It could cause all your problems??

I would get your oil tested for contamination, I'm betting its a worn engine.