Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the ES300h model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the ES300h. Please use the main 7ES forum for discussion about shared components with other seventh generation ES models.

What made you get the 300h

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-22, 07:14 AM
Iverwig
8th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 703
odd that you have 2 of the same car! We always mix it up to get better utility and experience.
Not really. 1. It was a preference I had. 2. The 2 vehicles I mentioned are not the only vehicles we have.
Old 06-19-22, 07:36 AM
LS500Fan
Instructor

Received 520 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by 703
340k miles and still on original brakes. Lol.
Yeah BUT… that many miles in 3 years meant the dude lives on the highway not city.
Old 06-19-22, 10:21 AM
dezymond
Instructor

Received 467 Likes on 289 Posts

Saw that video yesterday, it's insane how nice that Prius was kept and on so many original parts. Makes me even more confident in owning my Lexus.
Old 06-19-22, 11:49 AM
Lead Lap

Received 780 Likes on 529 Posts

Originally Posted by LS500Fan
Yeah BUT… that many miles in 3 years meant the dude lives on the highway not city.
Well, the “dudes” place of residence is not on the highway. He still needs to drive in the city.

Regardless, show me a “highway” car with that many miles still on original brakes.
Old 06-25-22, 06:58 PM
oliverbrow
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default waiting on deliver of ES300h UL -

First time Lexus buyer, patiently (trying to be patient) waiting on delivery. Iridium Palomino ES300H UL. Anticipated deliver date is around 8/1 but I don't know, seems optimistic. What do you think? - dealer says it's in the queue at the factory to be built. I have a pre production vin.

Why ES;
quite
comfortable
reliable
good MPG

I had a 2016 Prius for a short while and really liked that car and wanted another hybrid. I do very little daily driving in the city however I do a few 750+ road trips each year.

Do you think delivery in early August is at all realistic?
Anyone know if the side windows are double paned or 'acoustic glass' ?

Thanks all, looks like a good forum

Last edited by oliverbrow; 06-25-22 at 07:09 PM.
Old 06-25-22, 10:56 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Originally Posted by oliverbrow
First time Lexus buyer, patiently (trying to be patient) waiting on delivery. Iridium Palomino ES300H UL. Anticipated deliver date is around 8/1 but I don't know, seems optimistic. What do you think? - dealer says it's in the queue at the factory to be built. I have a pre production vin.

Why ES;
quite
comfortable
reliable
good MPG

I had a 2016 Prius for a short while and really liked that car and wanted another hybrid. I do very little daily driving in the city however I do a few 750+ road trips each year.

Do you think delivery in early August is at all realistic?

Thanks all, looks like a good forum
Hard to say, but when I was waiting for my allocated unit I had a pre-production VIN to track. From the day I received the pre-production VIN to delivery, I believe it was about 3 weeks, maybe 4. So it could very well arrive by their anticipated delivery date.
Old 06-26-22, 08:22 AM
Forceman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine was not as good. I ordered last year on Oct, promised delivery Jan-Feb timeframe, but did nt get my car until May. a solid 6 months. Hope things are getting better now.
Old 06-26-22, 09:04 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 714 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by oliverbrow
Side windows should be double paned. They are in my Luxury model so I would expect that in an Ultra Luxury model as well.
Old 09-23-22, 07:24 AM
neckhardt
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I had a Toyota Avalon Limited Hybrid on order since October. Around April I wrote the CEO of Toyota NA to ask some questions about when can I be assured that I will NOT be getting my Avalon since this is the last model year for the car and I wanted to know when to start looking at other car brands. The Executive Customer called to answer my questions, and surprisingly offered to try to get me a car. We ended up agreeing on colors/options, and was told the car would start manufacturing on June 25 with a delivery date between end of July or beginning of august depending on parts availability. I kept in touch throughout the process. To make a long story short, when the car came in they sold it to somebody else!

My wife started looking for other options for me and she finds an ES-300h in transit to the local dealer with everything I wanted (and more since it was a UL with every option including the key fob gloves), except for the interior color. went to the dealer and it was still available. I was most worried about having to use the track pad, but it appears that it is no longer required. I put down a deposit to hold it until I could actually see it and everybody loved it when they drove it. I pick it up in 4 days.

I hope all the Lexus hype is true. This should be fun.
The following users liked this post:
LVPUNK (02-02-23)
Old 09-23-22, 09:52 AM
dezymond
Instructor

Originally Posted by neckhardt
I had a Toyota Avalon Limited Hybrid on order since October. Around April I wrote the CEO of Toyota NA to ask some questions about when can I be assured that I will NOT be getting my Avalon since this is the last model year for the car and I wanted to know when to start looking at other car brands. The Executive Customer called to answer my questions, and surprisingly offered to try to get me a car. We ended up agreeing on colors/options, and was told the car would start manufacturing on June 25 with a delivery date between end of July or beginning of august depending on parts availability. I kept in touch throughout the process. To make a long story short, when the car came in they sold it to somebody else!

My wife started looking for other options for me and she finds an ES-300h in transit to the local dealer with everything I wanted (and more since it was a UL with every option including the key fob gloves), except for the interior color. went to the dealer and it was still available. I was most worried about having to use the track pad, but it appears that it is no longer required. I put down a deposit to hold it until I could actually see it and everybody loved it when they drove it. I pick it up in 4 days.

I think you'll be quite happy in a 300h.

Sucks that Toyota sold the car right under you last minute, happened to me to with a dealership down in SoCal. They definitely sold it to someone willing to pay more than what you agreed on. Shady.....
Old 09-23-22, 10:17 AM
Iverwig
8th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by neckhardt

You will love it. Sorry that you had to lose the Toyota you wanted but you may find out you were better off in the end.
Old 09-24-22, 05:24 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Received 513 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by TechNut
Side windows should be double paned. They are in my Luxury model so I would expect that in an Ultra Luxury model as well.
Correct. They were in my '19 Lux and of course the '22 Ult. Lux. The acoustic glass is only on the driver and front passenger windows. This is a more detailed description I found below. My educated guess is that acoustic glass is included on trims with Mark Levinson audio. I can't confirm 100% For at least MY 22 ML audio was available on every ES model and trim with the exception of the 300h F-Sport. For MY 23, ML audio is optional for every ES model and trim.
  • Door Window
  • Laminated
  • Acoustic Interlayer
  • Solar Controlled
Old 09-24-22, 09:29 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 714 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraLux22
My educated guess is that acoustic glass is included on trims with Mark Levinson audio. I can't confirm 100%
That is a logical guess. However, I can verify my Luxury 2019 does NOT have the Mark Levinson audio. Our criteria was more about colors and drivetrain and the ML wasn't important to us. This was the vehicle my local dealer found that matched our "must haves". I am fine without the ML - having never listened to it. Probably a good thing as I don't need to collect more "must have" options for any future purchases.
Old 09-24-22, 01:09 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Received 513 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by TechNut
That is a logical guess. However, I can verify my Luxury 2019 does NOT have the Mark Levinson audio. Our criteria was more about colors and drivetrain and the ML wasn't important to us. This was the vehicle my local dealer found that matched our "must haves". I am fine without the ML - having never listened to it. Probably a good thing as I don't need to collect more "must have" options for any future purchases.
Good to know. It's hard finding out anything about the acoustic glass. Having listened to both standard and ML audio, it just added to my "must-haves." But I'm right there with you. I didn't need navigation until I did. I didn't need HUD until I did. I didn't need Pano. view monitor........ you get the point.