Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2022 and up NX hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the NX Hybrid models. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other 2nd generation NX models.

Overall 2022 350h satisfaction?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-22, 12:14 PM
zanewyn
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by gb350h
I am very pleased with my current NX350h but wish I chose higher trim. Back the time I had to pick whatever available due to their lack of the inventory and the timing of my leased car return. any more add-ons/customization would lead to another 3 month wait. what they said, like, Life Doesn't Always Go According To Plan...lol
What trim level do you own right now? and what features are you looking for in the upper trims? I feel like for a Canadian spec, prem is best value, luxury is the sweet spot. That's just my opinion
Old 04-23-22, 03:18 PM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by zanewyn
What trim level do you own right now? and what features are you looking for in the upper trims? I feel like for a Canadian spec, prem is best value, luxury is the sweet spot. That's just my opinion
I totally agree. The Luxury gives perfect balance of cost and features and was what I initially preferred. However, due to the pano roof delays, I've downgraded to the Ultra Premium.

Premium itself certainly has value, but I bet down the line, I'll wish I have the larger screen, the driver assists and the 64 colour options for ambient lighting. It's rather spend the extra $4k now than wishing I did later.
The following users liked this post:
zanewyn (04-23-22)
Old 04-23-22, 11:12 PM
Raquettes
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LStoneX
I totally agree. The Luxury gives perfect balance of cost and features and was what I initially preferred. However, due to the pano roof delays, I've downgraded to the Ultra Premium.

Premium itself certainly has value, but I bet down the line, I'll wish I have the larger screen, the driver assists and the 64 colour options for ambient lighting. It's rather spend the extra $4k now than wishing I did later.
Sorry, did you get the Premium or Ultra Premium? Because if you downgraded to the Ultra Premium, then I believe you DO get all those features you mentioned, except the pano roof.
Old 04-23-22, 11:18 PM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Raquettes
Sorry, did you get the Premium or Ultra Premium? Because if you downgraded to the Ultra Premium, then I believe you DO get all those features you mentioned, except the pano roof.
I downgraded to the Ultra Premium. I was saying that if I choose the premium, I'll be missing so many features that I would later wish I got. Which is why I chose to pay the $4k extra to get the Ultra Premium over the Premium trim.
Lexus22563 (05-22-22)
Old 04-24-22, 08:40 AM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveDude
My 350h has been solid mechanically with no rattles or squeaks. Did have CarPlay connection issues initially that are mostly resolved now after the last software update. Loving the nearly double the mpg from my previous RX with not much difference in performance. Giving it a 9 out of ten.
Can you tell me exactly, step by step, you did the software update?

I think I saw video on how to do it but cant find it now. It is one of the screens on the main screen/menu but connecting the car to internet I guess is part of my question. Park in your garage so you are close to your own Wi-Fi?
Old 04-24-22, 09:02 AM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by LiBeRtAs
Can you tell me exactly, step by step, you did the software update?

I think I saw video on how to do it but cant find it now. It is one of the screens on the main screen/menu but connecting the car to internet I guess is part of my question. Park in your garage so you are close to your own Wi-Fi?
Here you go:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...l#post11259276
The following 2 users liked this post by LStoneX:
LiBeRtAs (04-24-22), lsft (04-24-22)
Old 04-25-22, 01:04 PM
chuuck1e
Pit Crew

Received 96 Likes on 57 Posts

In the United States, the only trims available on the 350h are standard, Premium and Luxury. I initially had a deposit on a Luxury trim, but ended up getting a Premium trim that had the larger screen, and the thematic ambient illumination as options. I am very happy with the Premium trim, since I did not like the 20" wheels that come with the Luxury trim.
Old 04-25-22, 01:10 PM
Mrnovanova
Driver

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus22563
I give my NX 350h premium with the 14 inch screen and 18 inch tire a 9.5 After 1000 miles the car is solid and smooth ride with no mechanical issues or rattles. The best thing I like about this NX is that the average mpg from my second tank of gas was 41.9 mpg calculated manually. The car mpg said 42.3 mpg. I am averaging 40.3mpg on the third tank of gas. I am driving with a light foot during this break in period.

I had random issues with my profile loading up and not able to set up my digital key at first. But the dealer was able fix some Of the profile issue. Then after I downloaded the software update, I am not having any more issues.

I love the infotainment system. Am able to use Lexus maps, apple maps and google maps. The voice commands work well.

I really like the intuitive parking assist and the fact that the mirrors tilt downwards when I back up is cool. The lighted door handles at night are a nice touch.

Couple things I am not crazy about is the thematic ambient lighting. It is not as noticeable as I thought it would be.

I think the rear of the car is so so. I wish there were some more silver or chrome in the bumper area.

when parking in a tight spot my brakes can be grabby.

but these things are minor. The cars positives far outweigh any negatives. So yeah I am very happy with my first Lexus.
What? 14 inch screen and digital key on the Premium. Lucky you. We don’t have the ability to ad those here in Canada. The 14 inch screen was on the on the ultra premium and the digital key on the ultra luxury so 6k or 11k more. Hope I had those options à la carte like you did I certainly would have taken them.
Old 04-25-22, 01:45 PM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mrnovanova
What? 14 inch screen and digital key on the Premium. Lucky you. We don’t have the ability to ad those here in Canada. The 14 inch screen was on the on the ultra premium and the digital key on the ultra luxury so 6k or 11k more. Hope I had those options à la carte like you did I certainly would have taken them.
That's the issue we have with Lexus Canada. We are deprived of a la carte options which would be so much better! Our noisy neighbours to the south have it😜🤪
The following 3 users liked this post by LStoneX:
LexusQ (04-25-22), Mrnovanova (04-25-22), zanewyn (04-25-22)
Old 04-25-22, 01:48 PM
slowdonald
Rookie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

That's the issue we have with Lexus Canada. We are deprived of a la carte options which would be so much better! Our noisy neighbours to the south have it😜🤪
The way Lexus Canada is handling pricing and specs is driving me insane. I watched the Motormouth test drive and it was just confusing. I never thought I'd say an American car dealership was straightforward, but here we are.
Old 04-25-22, 02:47 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Remind me again what the digital key is all about please thanks.
Old 04-25-22, 04:48 PM
Lexus22563
Intermediate

Received 89 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by chuuck1e
In the United States, the only trims available on the 350h are standard, Premium and Luxury. I initially had a deposit on a Luxury trim, but ended up getting a Premium trim that had the larger screen, and the thematic ambient illumination as options. I am very happy with the Premium trim, since I did not like the 20" wheels that come with the Luxury trim.
I got the same premium trim and happy with it too.
Old 04-25-22, 08:21 PM
rnakra
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've ordered the ultra premium in Canada (delivery pending) does anyone know if it comes with remote start or is that only with the digital key. I desperately wanted the ultra luxury but I totaled my car in an accident and the wait time was till September for that trim and unfortunately I have to drive to work etc so need a car
Old 04-25-22, 08:27 PM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rnakra
I've ordered the ultra premium in Canada (delivery pending) does anyone know if it comes with remote start or is that only with the digital key. I desperately wanted the ultra luxury but I totaled my car in an accident and the wait time was till September for that trim and unfortunately I have to drive to work etc so need a car
The Ultra Premium trim comes with Lexus Remote Connect (3 yr trial) which allows you to remote start while the service is active. After the trial you'll have to pay a subscription fee to continue to enjoy the service.
rnakra (04-25-22)
Old 04-25-22, 11:54 PM
hintonwood
Pit Crew

Received 89 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by LiBeRtAs
Remind me again what the digital key is all about please thanks.
There is a Search Threads box at the top of this forum page so you can revisit the replies on this topic.

Quick Reply: Overall 2022 350h satisfaction?