Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the GS450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the GS450H. Please use the main 4GS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation GS models.

How to charge hybrid battery with petrol engine forcibly?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-22, 07:24 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,279 Likes on 1,385 Posts

Ok guys let’s lay off the personal comments and name calling. If you can’t do that just stop posting in this thread.. As a reminder If you don’t want to see another members comments, put them on your ignore list https://www.clublexus.com/forums/pro...?do=ignorelist

Most of us don’t know the conditions where the OP is located and certainly English is not his native language. Cut him some slack.

I will also ask the OP bladest to also stop with inflammatory posts and be very clear with what he is asking without adding a lot of “help me” bumps and posting questions that can easily be searched on this forum or via google. If you are going to post “should I replace x” for every part on your car you are concerned about no one is going to answer you any longer. It seems you made a poor decision when you bought a Lexus that sounds like it should be in a salvage yard. IMO you should sell it at your earliest possible time based on your posts.
The following 4 users liked this post by DaveGS4:
bclexus (04-23-22), bloodbean (04-24-22), greys0uled (04-23-22), jgscott (04-23-22)
Old 04-23-22, 08:38 PM
Lead Lap

Received 785 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by bladest
Car has been clocked,
but you wont believe that right,
do you understand that car was missing maintenance records for many years and only previous owner
The engine ECU on the GS is proprietary Denso and cryptographic encrypted in its memory space. Techstream read from the Engine ECU. There is no known workarounds to write or reset mileage on the ECU. Not even on Techstream or by a Dealer.

The only possible way is if the ECU is changed. Not even worth the effort on such an high mileage example.

Last edited by 703; 04-23-22 at 09:27 PM.
Old 04-24-22, 04:23 AM
bladest
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by greys0uled
This guy is trolling you all lol
i dont troll anybody i have some car issues thats why i am here if i owned brand new warranty car i wont be here.

Originally Posted by peasodos
It never ends lol. Either he's a complete i***t or a troll or both.

But I think he just bought a very high mile GSh for whatever reason and now freaking out about every little thing.

My goal is to drive my 2013 GS 450h to over 232,505 miles
The reason why the car was bought its because i liked it
i didnt expected so many issues with the high mileage, and i was unable to see most things like brakes,car battery suspension etcs... errors on dash..

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Ok guys let’s lay off the personal comments and name calling. If you can’t do that just stop posting in this thread.. As a reminder If you don’t want to see another members comments, put them on your ignore list https://www.clublexus.com/forums/pro...?do=ignorelist

Most of us don’t know the conditions where the OP is located and certainly English is not his native language. Cut him some slack.

I will also ask the OP bladest to also stop with inflammatory posts and be very clear with what he is asking without adding a lot of “help me” bumps and posting questions that can easily be searched on this forum or via google. If you are going to post “should I replace x” for every part on your car you are concerned about no one is going to answer you any longer. It seems you made a poor decision when you bought a Lexus that sounds like it should be in a salvage yard. IMO you should sell it at your earliest possible time based on your posts.
Great suggestion i will comply with it. i am located in BG, and yes english is not my native language but i use google translate to help me out.Right now i will try my luck with my 10 years old car battery,until i find proper mechanic to swap it. I cant sale the car because no one will buy it in bg, there is no market for such cars,people here drive,bmw audi mercedess etcs..

Originally Posted by 703
The engine ECU on the GS is proprietary Denso and cryptographic encrypted in its memory space. Techstream read from the Engine ECU. There is no known workarounds to write or reset mileage on the ECU. Not even on Techstream or by a Dealer.

The only possible way is if the ECU is changed. Not even worth the effort on such an high mileage example.

I have seen many lexuses gs450h with clocked mileage, let me give you a example, from nederlands, i saw 1 car, car maintenance was missing, i used vin and called the dealership, dealership told me car was 200.000km at year 2016 , the current owner doesnt have car service history maintenance records and right now at year 2022 car is at around 180.000km, so please dont tell me clocking doesnt exist for these cars and its kinda impossible, i guess you cant do clocking with tech stream, but there is other software and equipment i guess.
Also keyless/ cars are very easy to stole.
Everybody knows when car is clocked high less mileage, car have more expensive value on the market.
So more profit for the seller.
In BG and in Europe thats a huge practice.
Old 04-24-22, 05:43 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

i
I have seen many lexuses gs450h with clocked mileage, let me give you a example, from nederlands, i saw 1 car, car maintenance was missing, i used vin and called the dealership, dealership told me car was 200.000km at year 2016 , the current owner doesnt have car service history maintenance records and right now at year 2022 car is at around 180.000km, so please dont tell me clocking doesnt exist for these cars and its kinda impossible, i guess you cant do clocking with tech stream, but there is other software and equipment i guess.
Also keyless/ cars are very easy to stole.
Everybody knows when car is clocked high less mileage, car have more expensive value on the market.
So more profit for the seller.
In BG and in Europe thats a huge practice.
bladest, there aren’t that many 4th gen gs450h’s in Europe or in the world for you to possibly have seen ‘many’ of them, clocked or otherwise.

703 is correct and you are wrong on this topic IMO. It would not be smart for anyone to have gone to the effort to change the mileage on yours (for example) from 350km to 190km, why wouldn’t they have made it much lower to increase the value more. Something else is going on either with your ecu being swapped or the images. You have said yourself you don’t know much about the history of your car or what was done to it.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 04-24-22 at 05:48 AM.
Old 04-24-22, 05:56 AM
bladest
Instructor

At the moment in europe there are around 50 cars of gs450h 4th generation approximately in whole europe,
Again people do that in most countries in order to increase value of the car, right now the value of cars is very unfair due to chip shortage, gs450h are not very desirable cars but still people want to get maximum amount of money for them.
I have seen several cars gs450h with clocked mileage i dont know how is done since i dont clock cars.
But i have proof ,cars from Italy, Cars from Russia, and other places.
Before i buy my current car i have seen and i spoke with many of these 50 cars which are currently in sale in europe, so i payed a lot of car faxed and i spoke with a lot of dealership around in europe in order to verify the mileage since i cannot be in the country where car is located...
Some of them was really clocked again its not possible car to be in 200.000km at year 2016 for example - this just an example which i have been looking for, and after 6 years to be at 180.000km, this person with clocked car ad is still online...
and i can show, also car was exported from Nederlands to other country where probably they have done this clocking....
Clocking exist since 90-s or before that its been done in order to make more profit of your car, if you write your car at 400.000km no one will buy it.
or 500.000km, if you write at 100, 200.000km you will receive more interest.
I dont know how is done but i can confirm that several cars i have been in inspection has been clocked because dealership history is like 200.000km and after few years history is like 180.000km to me it looks like clocked car, and also missing maintenance records shows this and wear and tear as well..
Old 04-24-22, 06:43 AM
bloodbean
Rookie

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts
Question

Some of them was really clocked again its not possible car to be in 200.000km at year 2016 for example -
My 2013 GS450h has 254,000km. Why exactly would it not be possible for a 2016 model to have 200,000km?
Old 04-24-22, 07:34 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

At the moment in europe there are around 50 cars of gs450h 4th generation approximately in whole europe,
Again people do that in most countries in order to increase value of the car, right now the value of cars is very unfair due to chip shortage, gs450h are not very desirable cars but still people want to get maximum amount of money for them.
I have seen several cars gs450h with clocked mileage i dont know how is done since i dont clock cars.
But i have proof ,cars from Italy, Cars from Russia, and other places.
Before i buy my current car i have seen and i spoke with many of these 50 cars which are currently in sale in europe, so i payed a lot of car faxed and i spoke with a lot of dealership around in europe in order to verify the mileage since i cannot be in the country where car is located...
Some of them was really clocked again its not possible car to be in 200.000km at year 2016 for example - this just an example which i have been looking for, and after 6 years to be at 180.000km, this person with clocked car ad is still online...
and i can show, also car was exported from Nederlands to other country where probably they have done this clocking....
Clocking exist since 90-s or before that its been done in order to make more profit of your car, if you write your car at 400.000km no one will buy it.
or 500.000km, if you write at 100, 200.000km you will receive more interest.
I dont know how is done but i can confirm that several cars i have been in inspection has been clocked because dealership history is like 200.000km and after few years history is like 180.000km to me it looks like clocked car, and also missing maintenance records shows this and wear and tear as well..
bladest,

please show some credible proof it’s happening specifically on late model Lexus vehicles other than making it sound like you think its happening on nearly all of them or let’s drop the subject. Yours is a high mileage, poor condition car with lots of problems and that’s not in dispute.
The following users liked this post:
bclexus (04-24-22)
Old 04-24-22, 08:44 AM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by bloodbean
My 2013 GS450h has 254,000km. Why exactly would it not be possible for a 2016 model to have 200,000km?
Please read carefully , i asked owner for vin chasis and i spoke with 2 country dealership car was originally from nederlands and i will attach photos with proof, i also know a lot of keymakers and other people who clock cars regularly its crime in europe and was very often done! By other people not me i worked for robert bosh service in year 2009 around i know few things about cars.
I have relatives who are keymakers and can clock every car in the world with the equipment they have even lexus.

bladest,

please show some credible proof it’s happening specifically on late model Lexus vehicles other than making it sound like you think its happening on nearly all of them or let’s drop the subject. Yours is a high mileage, poor condition car with lots of problems and that’s not in dispute.

i have lost many minutes collecting all of this information screen shots from the seller,
screenshots from the nederland dealer ship
and you can see how many miles cars was at the year .

I hope someone will start reading me because i am not lost or stupid like most of you think .

Here is my conversation with the seller , from where i get his phone number from his ad which was available over i-net .

https://postimg.cc/tYFtBbzX you can check conversation and car vin chasis here very small partion of the conversation..

His ad is still available, he changed pictures in order to lie people many times,
here are screen shots from his ad.
https://postimg.cc/gallery/b2H9x0r you can click on each picture in order to get better view...
as you can see in year 2022 car is at
193.000km at the moment.
https://postimg.cc/gallery/WVdF040/d83b5c94 here i request from lexus nederlands dealership all service history and maintenance records based on the vin chasis since seller provided me 0000 records.

Below you will find my conversation with LEXUS NEDERLANDS i also have conversation with other lexus dealerships in order to check out miles of that car
I am grown man and i dont want to argue, some of you are hate me even doesnt know the reason i simply try to warn the forum that ALL of the cars in the world can easily miles be changed not with toyota tech stream other software , i have not asked the names of it.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/5bQ6D9x/0545b305 Here is email from lexus nederlands dealership , if you see all of the pictures you will see that car /vin chasis was at 21310398 number of repair repatarie 181408 km 11.10.2018 year i think this shows enough... i dont want to dig anymore....
since i use to work for ROBERT BOSH back in around year 2009 i was certificed bosh esi tronic diagnostic technician back then , i worked on many cars and i also have driven many cars in my entire life, after few years i retired from this job.I always used trusted dealership or mechanics to work on my cars it doesnt matter vintage or not i am always for quality instead of junk repair.
I hope after this topic of mine and my proof you will show respect and stop bully me!
I dont have time to dig over my conversations but i have found in Europe at least 10 from 50 cars which was with clocked mileage! Yes i am talking about gs450h 4th generation you can still believe and live in dream that they are mileage is real yes its possible in usa, not in europe.
Mostly clocked cars are without service history records... and they have serious gap of few years without service history.
Clocking is done in order to increase value of the car, since lower miles car cost more always.
You can searching for flaws in my story now. I personally inspected a lot of cars before i decided to buy my current ,clocked mileage car.

i also used car vertical report in order to verify additionaly the km, unfortunately their report expired and i dont have copy or access to it.
Further more here is interesting article
https://www.carvertical.com/en/blog/...a-fake-mileage

Research: What countries have the highest percentage of cars with a fake mileage?

I think thats more than enough proof for you,
this is for europe the place where most of the forum // writers doesnt live i live in Europe for the last 50 years!
So compared my experience with yours.

Last edited by bladest; 04-24-22 at 08:54 AM.
Old 04-24-22, 09:25 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

I don’t see at all what you are saying. Last history recorded was 181km and car is selling with km higher than that. There is no proof I can see, but stuff you posted is barely able to be understood so maybe I missed something.

the random article is from a company selling VIN checks. I don’t disagree odometer rollbacks is an industry issue, I disagree it is widespread on Lexus vehicles due to the way they encrypt and record the mileage. Even the sales article admits it isn’t as big a problem on more modern cars

I’m not bullying you; your poor communication (understand not native), issues posting details people can clearly see when responding, and random tangential arguments are frustrating other members and I’m trying to figure out what you are claiming so we can move past whatever your block is about this.

if you don’t have further details you can post clearly to be understood let’s drop this and move on to other topics.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 04-24-22 at 09:31 AM.
Old 04-24-22, 09:42 AM
Lwerewolf
Racer

Received 253 Likes on 191 Posts

I have seen many lexuses gs450h with clocked mileage, let me give you a example, from nederlands, i saw 1 car, car maintenance was missing, i used vin and called the dealership, dealership told me car was 200.000km at year 2016 , the current owner doesnt have car service history maintenance records and right now at year 2022 car is at around 180.000km, ...
The records that you showed say "11.10.2018 - 181,408km (so end of 2018)". Ad says 193000km at time of posting.

There was (well, still is, just a bit more permanent) the COVID19 situation in 2020 & 2021 - lots of people didn't touch their cars for months at a time. The person may have also changed jobs or flats, leading to the car not being the best way to get to work - VERY plausible in the Netherlands. There was also the NOx speed limit and other things over there around that time. Could've been a change of vehicles as well - the GSh doesn't exactly sell easily. The "used car report that has expired" doesn't say much.

I see no conclusive evidence that clocking took place in this instance. If you start comparing distance module by module, it usually becomes immediately obvious - common tell tale sign with BMWs, for example.

You miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight want to hide personally identifiable information as much as possible, for obvious reasons.

bladest, there aren’t that many 4th gen gs450h’s in Europe or in the world for you to possibly have seen ‘many’ of them, clocked or otherwise.

703 is correct and you are wrong on this topic IMO. It would not be smart for anyone to have gone to the effort to change the mileage on yours (for example) from 350km to 190km, why wouldn’t they have made it much lower to increase the value more. Something else is going on either with your ecu being swapped or the images. You have said yourself you don’t know much about the history of your car or what was done to it.
The ~180-200k km value is very common here (Bulgaria), and is (or was) indeed a mass practice - people still seem to think that buying a car that says less than 200k km is the way to go, despite just about everybody telling them that actual condition matters the most (i.e. a million km spent at highway speeds is like... 10k city?) - it's just a thing over here. Quite a few people are "surprised" that mine has >350k (I mean, 2008 car made for highway use... what do you expect). Not saying that this particular example is clocked - the common case is that very high mileage cars from western Europe get resold here after clocking and some other quick cosmetic work.... but again - it's mostly european brands.
Old 04-24-22, 11:24 AM
bladest
Instructor

I don’t see at all what you are saying. Last history recorded was 181km and car is selling with km higher than that. There is no proof I can see, but stuff you posted is barely able to be understood so maybe I missed something.

the random article is from a company selling VIN checks. I don’t disagree odometer rollbacks is an industry issue, I disagree it is widespread on Lexus vehicles due to the way they encrypt and record the mileage. Even the sales article admits it isn’t as big a problem on more modern cars

I’m not bullying you; your poor communication (understand not native), issues posting details people can clearly see when responding, and random tangential arguments are frustrating other members and I’m trying to figure out what you are claiming so we can move past whatever your block is about this.

if you don’t have further details you can post clearly to be understood let’s drop this and move on to other topics.

Here are some red flags :
car has been on sale for 2 years, so many people also saw the issues which i saw,
car has been transported from nederlands to kaunas which is Lithuania , for that highest possible level of equipments car should be easy sale,

I dont have time to find and figure it out , every possible equipment but i saw this over forum ,
https://mhhauto.com/Thread-Lexus-gs-...-km-correction

some random guy wants odometer correction on lexus gs450h
- so the impossible has been done many many times...
the only thing u need keymaker and someone with proper tools.

"Hi, can someone change km for Lexus gs 450h 2013.
Eeprom 93c66
original km 99212
Need 77000

Thanks in advance"
"Try and report .......

Pass in PM"
Working. Thank you very much.
""

if i dig over the more forums i will find more... odometer correction into the impossible car to clock gs450h.

So the 2nd owner who bought car in nederlands transported it to by driving back and forth many times from nederlands to that country.

in the begining of year 2017 car was at 140.000km,
in the last recorded maintenace car was at 181.000km , so about 40k per year. people buy these cars to drive them highway....
Imagine i am lost stupid and totally wrong,
imagine person driven it like baby and made 10 ,000km per year in this simple math car will be at 221.000km, which is highly unlikely, also car is in the country in europe which have the highest possible mile correction based into the chart...
His car ad is still online and he also accept only payment as cash only... guess what...
If everything was fine with the car seller wont end and start again his ads for 2 years...
his cheap price for highest possible level of equipment lexus gs450h makes the deal best in the world.
Unless something is very wrong... but no one wants to believe me...

I personally imported from europe for the last 15 years around 10 cars ,for my self or friends, i also imported 1 car from Canada.

Chips can easily be modified, memory and images can also be modified as per request over forums or to people who have the right equipment, in usa and canada there bigger and better laws compared to Europe.
Old 04-24-22, 11:40 AM
Lead Lap

I really do wish you come clean.

the video you showed us, which you told us you brought, and is yours is a a dark grey/blue GS with OEM 19” wheels and a tan interior.

the photo you’re showing us now is a silver GS with non OEM wheels (from an LS) with a black interior.

when I highlighted it’s not the same car. You had to make up a bunch of reasons. I see no benefit from doing that apart from destroying your credibility.

We can’t help you if you can’t even be straight.

Old 04-24-22, 11:48 AM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by 703
I really do wish you come clean.

the video you showed us, which you told us you brought, and is yours is a a dark grey/blue GS with OEM 19” wheels and a tan interior.

the photo you’re showing us now is a silver GS with non OEM wheels (from an LS) with a black interior.

when I highlighted it’s not the same car. You had to make up a bunch of reasons. I see no benefit from doing that apart from destroying your credibility.

We can’t help you if you can’t even be straight.

I think you miss understand me ,
Silver car has been given as an example! I dont own silver car , mine is dark colour.
Before i bought my car
i inspect many cars, this silver one was one of the cars i inspected. Which is clocked as well,

My current car is clocked as well.
Do you understand now ?
Silver car is still for sale in Europe.
Silver car has been given as an example for clocked mileage car which is still for sale in Europe, and some lucky person will buy it sooner or later.
Do u get the idea i try to protect other people and warn them not to make mistake like me.
Old 04-24-22, 12:20 PM
Lead Lap

As others have said. There is no evidence of tempering. You should not be accusing online sellers.

As I have said, you cannot change the mileage on the Engine ECU of these late model Lexuses. There are mileage stopping devices for the dash display, but not the ECU.

Old 04-24-22, 12:33 PM
bladest
Instructor

Please read my above writing,

Before i bought the car i inspected around 20 lexus gs450h vehicles, some in my country some abroad,
i made inspection and i contacted many severals i have done service maintenance inquiry to dealership i have done car fax and other things...
i also given you over the forums where u can see that mileage clocking is easily done on this car .
https://mhhauto.com/Thread-Lexus-gs-...-km-correction here is example and quote from the topic
"some random guy wants odometer correction on lexus gs450h
- so the impossible has been done many many times...
the only thing u need keymaker and someone with proper tools.

"Hi, can someone change km for Lexus gs 450h 2013.
Eeprom 93c66
original km 99212
Need 77000

Thanks in advance"
"Try and report .......

Pass in PM"
Working. Thank you very much.
""

if i dig over the more forums i will find more... odometer correction into the impossible car to clock gs450h.

The only thing i see from you is only arguing without even reading me...
i have proof
i have shown many proofs.
you simply dont want to accept it.

Quick Reply: How to charge hybrid battery with petrol engine forcibly?