Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2022 and up NX hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the NX Hybrid models. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other 2nd generation NX models.

New 350H today, very cool...HUD, Lane Change Assist and Advanced Park...

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-22, 06:58 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts
Default New 350H today, very cool...HUD, Lane Change Assist and Advanced Park...

Much questions, trying to also use the manual but this is confusing.

1. Lane change assist has to be between 55-85 MPH, if I am at that and the lanes are clear next to me I just have to have LCA turned on via the screen settings, but then what, simply hold down the signal for how long and it will change lanes by itself?

2. Using the Lexus app on my phone to turn on HAZARDS and LIGHT, so the hazards came on and blinked and when I held down that hazard button again to turn them off they did not go off...then I turned the LIGHT on and the tiny headlight on each side came on and again when I pressed it again and held it they did NOT go off...to get both sets of lights off I had to go into car, start it and turn it off...what am I missing?

3. When I am in carplay with iPhone and try to make a call it says to connect the phone, the phone is connected per Bluetooth on my phone, but if I turn carplay off and turn on phone and media in settings then I can make calls. Very confused. I guess you can either use the phone connected to Lexus or Carplay, not both. If connected to carplay or then you can say Hey Siri call so and so. If linked to the car as a phone and media player only and not connected as carplay then you can use the Lexus buttons or Hey Lexus to make calls, right?

4. On the speedometer/dashboard it shows "Average speed and total time", info I dont need, I want it to show mpg and real time eco use. to do make that change I have to go to the screen and do that, but I cant change that info on the dash using the steering wheel buttons, only the screen? I already forgot where in the screen settings I did that.

5. Advanced Park, looked it up in manual, couldn't figure it out, will try again. Is there a simple way to engage this and what situation do you have to be in? I think I see the button on the dash, what do I do other than push that button?

Last edited by LiBeRtAs; 05-05-22 at 07:15 PM.
Old 05-06-22, 07:57 AM
cheunb2
Rookie

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

For the Lane Change Assist, you have to hold the signal half-way for a second or 2 (don't press all the way up/down) and it will do the work. You also need to activate adaptive cruise control and ensure the road line and steering wheel is green.

For the Hazard and Light on the app, you have to do that one at a time and give it some time to respond. Once the first command is done, then continue the next command. Don't do everything all at once as it will fail... LOL

If you are using CarPlay, use Hey Siri to activate phone dial. You only use BT to connect phone if somehow you are unable using wireless to connect CarPlay and you don't have any USB to Lightning cable handy.

For Advance Park, watch this video. Although the car shown in the video is not 2022 NX, but the method is the same. I was also confused earlier but after watching this video and practice in a empty parking lot, I am able to navigate this now.
The following users liked this post:
LiBeRtAs (05-06-22)
Old 05-06-22, 08:04 AM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Originally Posted by cheunb2
For the Lane Change Assist, you have to hold the signal half-way for a second or 2 (don't press all the way up/down) and it will do the work. You also need to activate adaptive cruise control and ensure the road line and steering wheel is green.

For the Hazard and Light on the app, you have to do that one at a time and give it some time to respond. Once the first command is done, then continue the next command. Don't do everything all at once as it will fail... LOL

If you are using CarPlay, use Hey Siri to activate phone dial. You only use BT to connect phone if somehow you are unable using wireless to connect CarPlay and you don't have any USB to Lightning cable handy.

For Advance Park, watch this video. Although the car shown in the video is not 2022 NX, but the method is the same. I was also confused earlier but after watching this video and practice in a empty parking lot, I am able to navigate this now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKXnVjgMynM
Thank you for this, how do you put the car in the mode so that the screen will be looking at the parking places so that you can push the park button and then the start button etc. does the car automatically do this because I am near parking spaces or do I have to do what to put it into that mode?

Also if you know, my wife’s one-year-old UX 250 H I can see the drivetrain showing me how much hybrid battery is left in blue blocks, where can I see that here on this hybrid?
Old 05-06-22, 08:21 AM
cheunb2
Rookie

You are welcome. Just stop the car behind the parking spot and press the park button, The screen will pop up with the proposed area projected by the system. It will have a blue box and P inside. You can touch that blue box and move it around to confirm the parking area. You can also select front-in parking or back-in parking. Once you are satisfied, press Start and it will do the work.

For the hybird meter, I remembered I press the left/right button on the righr hand side of the steering wheel function switch, It will show <DISP and DISP> and you can choose different drive information. I think the one you are looking for is Energy monitor/EV driving ratio.
LiBeRtAs (05-06-22)
Old 05-06-22, 01:26 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

You are welcome. Just stop the car behind the parking spot and press the park button, The screen will pop up with the proposed area projected by the system. It will have a blue box and P inside. You can touch that blue box and move it around to confirm the parking area. You can also select front-in parking or back-in parking. Once you are satisfied, press Start and it will do the work.

For the hybird meter, I remembered I press the left/right button on the righr hand side of the steering wheel function switch, It will show <DISP and DISP> and you can choose different drive information. I think the one you are looking for is Energy monitor/EV driving ratio.
thanks, I just added this to my insurance and I said yes to alarm and disabling or something like that and I looked it up in the manual I didn’t buy an alarm that I know of but these cars come with that, is that correct? Seems to say that in the manual but I’m not sure.
Old 05-06-22, 01:51 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Advanced Park remote park. What is that what is remote park?
Old 05-06-22, 06:11 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Advanced Park remote park, what is the remote part of this about?

Over my head where the buttons for the moon roof are the button says door, light is green but there’s another small green light below that what is that for? Right next to it, all the doors were closed and those two dome lights were still on earlier today and I noticed a green light?
Old 05-06-22, 06:14 PM
cheunb2
Rookie

Yes I think the car comes with Theft Deterrent System... based on the manual it will trigger some alarm sound when an intruder is detected trying to do something to the vehicle in an unusual way.

Remote Park is a sub-feature from the Advanced Park in which you can use your phone to control the parking movement when you are not inside the vehicle. Basically when you find a parking spot, you can enable Advanced Park with Remote Park feature, leave the vehicle and stand close to it, then use your finger to make circle on your phone screen so that the car can park itself. Unfortunately in Canada we received a letter from Lexus Canada said this feature is no longer available due to some limitation and we will receive $650 rebate. Did you receive similar thing in the US?
DDGNX (05-10-22)
Old 05-06-22, 06:36 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Yes I think the car comes with Theft Deterrent System... based on the manual it will trigger some alarm sound when an intruder is detected trying to do something to the vehicle in an unusual way.

Remote Park is a sub-feature from the Advanced Park in which you can use your phone to control the parking movement when you are not inside the vehicle. Basically when you find a parking spot, you can enable Advanced Park with Remote Park feature, leave the vehicle and stand close to it, then use your finger to make circle on your phone screen so that the car can park itself. Unfortunately in Canada we received a letter from Lexus Canada said this feature is no longer available due to some limitation and we will receive $650 rebate. Did you receive similar thing in the US?
not yet that I know of just got the car yesterday
Old 05-07-22, 07:54 AM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKXnVjgMynM
Sales person connected one of the keys to my profile in the car but I wasn’t paying attention to how she did it, and I want to know how to do that.

I will figure that out after watching that Northside Lexus video, as to digital key that it won’t connect to again after I deleted it on my iPhone; I told it to forget that device so I could delete it and I’m wondering if that’s what the problem is that the car is trying to pair with the phone but the iPhone was told to forget the device, but that shouldn’t matter once the car goes into pairing mode.

Last edited by LiBeRtAs; 05-07-22 at 11:22 AM.
Old 05-07-22, 09:55 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

When you start the hybrid car you have to see the ready light?

I am confused is there a way to drive this car with having the hybrid system turned off because I would never want to do that so how can I make sure I never do that.

I would think the hybrid system would be running all the time.
Old 05-08-22, 04:56 AM
lsft
Racer

Received 600 Likes on 403 Posts

Because when you start a hybrid car is it not like a traditional ICE car where the engine will start and you will know you can start driving.

That's why they have this Ready light. Tells you that you can start driving. If some failure occurs the ready light will not turn on.
Old 05-08-22, 01:20 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Up till today whenever I would go below 3 or 4 miles an hour the screen would show me where I was going Cameraview of the road and now it’s not doing that, if I push the Advanced Park button it does or the VIEW button but before it was always show me driving what I could see in front of me when I slow to like 3 miles an hour, what did I do to make the stop working!

now I have to push the view button each time.
Old 05-10-22, 05:46 PM
DDGNX
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, I did (US). The Advanced Park works perfect. The App for your phone will not be available as you indicated. I sent for the $500 (US) today. I can do without the app as long as it still functions in the vehicle. I give credit to Lexus for standing by their word!
Old 05-10-22, 06:29 PM
OPorz
Driver

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

I got the letter today saying Remote Park won’t be enabled. Offered $500 US for compensation.

Quick Reply: New 350H today, very cool...HUD, Lane Change Assist and Advanced Park...