Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the GS450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the GS450H. Please use the main 4GS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation GS models.

Driving mode customization is there a option? GS450h?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-22, 12:55 PM
bladest
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Driving mode customization is there a option? GS450h?

Hi i know that car have ECO/NORMAL/SPORT/SPORT plus mode,

but is there a way to customize normal or any of these modes , i have looked in every possible menu and i dont manage to find it may be i made something wrong i found videos for newer cars that there is a option to customize but they are using another navigation and multimedia system... my car is year 2012 , if someone knows a way to customize my driving mode i want to set specific mode where i can fine tune the chasis/ and everything else i dont want to use the sport ,sport plus, eco normal is there a way to customize any of these modes or not at all?
Old 05-15-22, 12:57 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,279 Likes on 1,385 Posts

I believe the customized mode was not added until 2016. The others are set from the factory.
Old 05-15-22, 01:06 PM
bladest
Instructor

Is there a way to customize any mode somehow, via tech stream or other way via menus etc, if there is no way to customize any of the modes that will be very unfortunate.... i was expecting to make my own driving mode... which is the most comfortable mode eco/normal or ? Do all system works for all modes, or only for sport plus mod every safety system work
Old 05-15-22, 04:50 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

No. That’s the way it comes. (I might be wrong about that but expect someone will correct me if I am). You could fix it by buying a 2016 model which comes with that feature.

got to ask, have you been able to drive the car enough with all the issues you’ve had to find out that the OEM modes that already come with the car won’t work for you?
Old 05-15-22, 05:03 PM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
No. That’s the way it comes. (I might be wrong about that but expect someone will correct me if I am). You could fix it by buying a 2016 model which comes with that feature.

got to ask, have you been able to drive the car enough with all the issues you’ve had to find out that the OEM modes that already come with the car won’t work for you?
Today i have driven to the petrol station 5 miles ,unfortunately before that car died on me again, but i reinstate it, hopefully this week car will be fully serviced .
I have driven the car lets say to the car wash and petrol station today, unfortunately my tyres are no good and other things as well i am expecting new tyres to arrive in 2-3 weeks i ordered them today brand new.
I am still learning the car and suffering issues... Before car dies on me it flashing hazard ,lights and thats it... i am preparing tools for the pro mechanic since he never serviced lexus and it wont be easy for him,tomorrow i will buy some wrenches for my oil change for example.. i already tried sport plus normal and eco mode , but i was thinking there is an option to customize the car since there are many lexus videos for cars 2016 and up... i find it strange since it have adaptive shocks and all that computers...

From all of the modes of the car i dont know which is the most comfortable one. is it sport ,sport plus or eco or normal ? For now i plan to repair the car and drive, 2016 model wont be night vision package which i think its great for my needs since i have bad eyes...
Old 05-15-22, 06:19 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Definitely just drive in ‘normal’ mode until you get your car running properly. Sport modes will be more stiff. Eco will change your shift points and throttle response as well as less Hvac
Old 05-18-22, 04:59 AM
Hues10
Advanced

Received 180 Likes on 138 Posts

If the manual does not have a section on drive mode customization, then guess what, that is a no go. I guess you could put coilovers on, try to get some tuning software application, and maybe play with some of the settings as a hack, but since your car has gone five miles to get a wash and fuel, I think you have more issues to worry about than custom drive modes.
Old 05-18-22, 05:05 AM
bladest
Instructor

Can i enter custom mode somehow with techstream software? So even toyota cant customize the car? My car have adaptive dampers
Old 05-18-22, 05:52 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Can you enter the custom mode that doesn’t exist on your car? No. I suggest you get your vehicle to the point where you can drive it more and feel how the modes that come with it OEM actually work, they’ll likely be just fine.

Don’t try to fix something that isn’t broken. Get your maintenance and critical issues fixed before expending time on a wish list for stuff that isn’t available on your car
Old 05-18-22, 07:56 AM
bladest
Instructor

Can you enter the custom mode that doesn’t exist on your car? No. I suggest you get your vehicle to the point where you can drive it more and feel how the modes that come with it OEM actually work, they’ll likely be just fine.

Don’t try to fix something that isn’t broken. Get your maintenance and critical issues fixed before expending time on a wish list for stuff that isn’t available on your car
There is not custom mode for my car doesnt exist in my car i have digged into the menus , i have eco , normal, sport and sport plus and thats all.
i have driven the cars in different modes, but i still want to fune tune it.
i was thinking with newer cars you have the option to change the power steering feel, to fine tune the chasis ,brakes and much more....
since everything is electric, not mechanical like my old classical vintage cars... i am awaiting for lots of stuff like tyres and car battery in order to finish my maintenance...
Old 05-18-22, 10:23 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

I know that, I was asking why you keep asking to get into something that does not exist on your car. As above, no you can’t do that beyond what you already get with the OEM modes. Thinking about and continued posting about it won’t magically change that.

you can’t have driven your car all that much based on your other threads with bad batteries, bad tires and regularly having to call roadside service to rescue you. Get the basics figured out first
Old 05-18-22, 10:39 AM
bladest
Instructor

I know that, I was asking why you keep asking to get into something that does not exist on your car. As above, no you can’t do that beyond what you already get with the OEM modes. Thinking about and continued posting about it won’t magically change that.

you can’t have driven your car all that much based on your other threads with bad batteries, bad tires and regularly having to call roadside service to rescue you. Get the basics figured out first
I am asking because i was thinking there is a way to customize the car either directly somewhere in the menus or with tech stream software from toyota....i am working on every single problem car have in order to fix it.
Old 05-18-22, 11:49 AM
Hues10
Advanced

Received 180 Likes on 138 Posts

Give up Dave. What you are advising makes too much sense. It is like learning to walk before you run, and this person wants to run before he can even stand. I hate to be a troll, but this is a common theme of people answering the question, then coming back not accepting the answers.
The following users liked this post:
bloodbean (05-20-22)