Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the GS450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the GS450H. Please use the main 4GS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation GS models.

Gs450hw how to drive the car ultra Fuel efficient?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-22, 03:27 PM
bladest
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Gs450hw how to drive the car ultra Fuel efficient?

Hi everyone, in my country fuel prices are insane killing me, is there a way to achieve more realistic fuel economy...

I drive my car in economy mode, i also have ac turned off . and i am almost 2 times above the listed fuel economy specs...

I must say that car has been driven on highways only with 140km/ which is the current limitation for my country highway... i am asking this because soon i will be in road trip with the car and i want to cover as much miles as possible, and to spend as little fuel as possible, since fuel prices are extremely high here , current fuel price here is around 2 $ per liter , i am driving my car only with Petrol a100 octane...
even with my issues old tyres and i drive my car and if it shuts down i start it again its so cool car.

Is there some tricks in order to cover more miles and to be more fuel efficient, i am not sure if hybrid system works properly for highway i cant use EV only mode, because its limited only up to 40km max... and i cant drive on highway at 40km since we have limitations it must be above 90km per hour... so the hybrid car is kinda useless my battery is always full but i cant use my battery on the highway....
Any tricks tips and suggestions are welcome car is serviced recently. So all of the filters, all of the fluids are changed without gearbox for which i need special tools to order since my mecanic dont know how to do it yet...
Everything i use for the car is genuine all filters are genuine and everything...

By specs car fuel consumption should be 6.7 litres per 100km highway , and 5.5 city driving i never achieved any of these... i am mostly concerned about highway since in the city under 40km i can use only ev mode.... but on highway at 140km i cant use it at all...
Does anyone achived that 6.7 litres per 100km on highway at 140km or more per hour ?
or its kinda impossible... whats your fuel consmption per 100 km for summer with summer tyres... with ac on and off..
Old 05-20-22, 05:50 PM
Hues10
Advanced

Received 185 Likes on 141 Posts

My GS450H gets 30 mpg per city and 35+ on the highway. No tricks other than push the start button, put it in drive and go. You should buy a Prius if you want ultimate higher mileage. Or a Tesla, and then gas prices do not matter.
Old 05-20-22, 06:01 PM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by Hues10
My GS450H gets 30 mpg per city and 35+ on the highway. No tricks other than push the start button, put it in drive and go. You should buy a Prius if you want ultimate higher mileage. Or a Tesla, and then gas prices do not matter.
You have great fuel economy , is your 35mpg, For highway at speed of 140km or more? Are you driving in economy mode or sport plus? What tyres do you use are they fuel efficient energy saver class or regular one?
Old 05-20-22, 06:08 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,332 Likes on 1,419 Posts

Google how to hyper-mile and do that when you drive

The definition of economy mode is more economical. Use that if you worried about mpg
Old 05-21-22, 03:51 AM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Google how to hyper-mile and do that when you drive

The definition of economy mode is more economical. Use that if you worried about mpg
i drive mostly in economy mode but i am still far away from official mpg claims unfortunately...
Old 05-21-22, 09:45 AM
Lwerewolf
Racer

Received 256 Likes on 192 Posts

You bought the wrong car.
Old 05-21-22, 10:25 AM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by Lwerewolf
You bought the wrong car.
you told us before that your car is hyper exonomical more than your other car.... how do u achieve this yltra fuel efficientcy on highway at 140 km per hour?
Old 05-21-22, 02:39 PM
Lwerewolf
Racer

Would you like to provide a quote?
Old 05-21-22, 03:03 PM
bladest
Instructor

Would you like to provide a quote?
You mentioned several times that your lexus gs450 is consuming same or less fuel than your other car which is another toyota...
you know better.
Old 05-21-22, 06:20 PM
Lwerewolf
Racer

Apparently you do, so go ahead and quote if you don't mind?

...Of course, none of the figures I've ever listed say this, so you can't.

And no, a 1.6 corolla will not do 6.7l/100km or whatever the factory highway mileage is at 140kph either. If you can't comfortably live with a fuel consumption of, say, 8.5/100 under those conditions in your case, ehhh... what was everybody saying?
Old 05-22-22, 02:54 PM
JGB93
Rookie

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Factory consumption specs are always lower than real world driving.

Also how fast you drive plays a big role in fuel consumption. 100kph is statistically the most fuel efficient speed.
I noticed if I drive 130/140kph best I'll get is 8.5-10Litres/100km
but if I drive 100kph i will get 7Litres/100km

Both of ^those numbers are higher than factory specs.

If your car is performing MUCH worse. There are hidden issues with your car. Maybe your hybrid battery is slowly dying?
The following users liked this post:
Im2bz2p345 (05-22-22)
Old 05-22-22, 03:04 PM
bladest
Instructor

I dont know how to diagnose my hybrid battery but since car is more than 200.000miles i guess hybrid battery is end of life, but i like the car so much...
Old 05-22-22, 03:55 PM
Lwerewolf
Racer

The hybrid battery shouldn't have much of an effect, if any, on highway fuel consumption.

@JGB93 something is off, I'm getting pretty much the same consumption with a 3rd gen (which has a non-atkinson engine). Spritmonitor does show the 4th gen averaging at the very least 15% better (perhaps people give it more gas to compensate). I assume "drive" at those speeds includes, ehh... say, ~7 flat-out overtakes per 100km? :P
Old 05-22-22, 04:28 PM
JGB93
Rookie

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

The hybrid battery shouldn't have much of an effect, if any, on highway fuel consumption.

@JGB93 something is off, I'm getting pretty much the same consumption with a 3rd gen (which has a non-atkinson engine). Spritmonitor does show the 4th gen averaging at the very least 15% better (perhaps people give it more gas to compensate). I assume "drive" at those speeds includes, ehh... say, ~7 flat-out overtakes per 100km? :P

I'm doing the proper calculations now using Google. I usually go by km/L sonthe numbers i have where estimates. Turns out decimal points make a sizable difference lol

I definitely get 7L/100km when driving sensibly highway, around 8.8L/100km when acting a fool. flooring it to accelerate lol. Lots of flat out overtakes 🤣
And abouts 8.3L/100km city
Some hills in my area

New factory specs for a 2013 is
8.1L/100km city
6.9L/100km highway

Considering my vehicle is almost 10 years old i feel like im in the ballpark of what it should be. Correct me if im wrong
Old 05-22-22, 05:51 PM
bladest
Instructor

30 years old honda accord made same fuel consumption 140km highway... yes its lighter with 500kg, but have 000 technology inside the engine, so hybrid is good only for town, and thats subjective as well if u have lpg for town , lpg easily beats the fuel consumption..
in terms of price per litres.
So lexus /toyota figures for fuel consumptions are not real , not achievable at town or urban driving... currently at town i make 9 litre per 100km, and i drive in economy the lexus gs..
when battery is full i use ev mode only up to 40km but this doesnt help much and doesnt last long as well...
so at town so far i dont manage to make it less than 9 per litre per 100 km.
how this 6.9 litre per highway can be achieved if speed is at 140km or more....

Factory specs for gs450h 4th generation, are
city driving 6.7 litres, urban driving 5.5 litres... per 100km each.

Quick Reply: Gs450hw how to drive the car ultra Fuel efficient?