Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2022 and up NX hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the NX Hybrid models. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other 2nd generation NX models.

NX350h "Executive Trim" - regrets?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-22, 08:07 AM
Ihave1cat
Intermediate

Received 139 Likes on 82 Posts
Default NX350h "Executive Trim" - regrets?

Hello all,
This is more for the Canadian customers - as the Executive Trim doesn't exist in the USA market, but basically here is what it has:

The long story short; I had placed an order for my basically at the beginning of the year - and due to parts shortage, overall demand, and the state of the industry, I don't yet have a pickup date. I had placed an order for the Luxury model (as I really liked the 14" screen and the pano sunroof)
Details for the Luxury package are below (in the spoiler)
Spoiler

I was told that Lexus is prioritizing deliveries for the Executive Trim over any other trim, and that I can get the Executive package within a few weeks (like a VERY short time) if I upgrade to it.
The ~$10K difference aside, would you say that it's worth it?
I would be essentially upgrading to:
  • Full Leather
  • Mark Levinson
  • HUD
  • 20" black wheels (rather than the 20" silver)
  • 360 camera
  • auto-park
  • tri-beam LED
  • and a bit more.
But basically, I am skipping over the Ultra Luxury and straight to the Executive for a HUD, Mark Levinson, some Leather, and black wheels - and that's about it

For those that have the top-tier trim, any regrets? Is Mark Levinson really that good? Is the leather better than the NuLuxe (Yes, I read countless debates about this)? Does anyone have a picture of the Black machined wheels (not the F-Sport wheels)
Thanks!
Old 06-19-22, 08:50 AM
zanewyn
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

I also ordered a 350h luxury package because I feel like it's the sweet spot in terms of money spent vs features. If money is not the top determining factor, then go for it since you will get to enjoy the car much sooner
- Mark Levinson is amazing. There's a YouTuber that reviewed the base 10 speaker (B tier) and ML system (A tier) systems in the NX.
- 360 camera is very nice to have. I wish we have this as an al la cart item.
- Rest of the features are meh....
The following 4 users liked this post by zanewyn:
dklanecky1 (06-19-22), gb350h (06-20-22), Ihave1cat (06-19-22), LStoneX (06-20-22)
Old 06-19-22, 09:09 AM
Ihave1cat
Intermediate

Received 139 Likes on 82 Posts

Those are my thoughts exactly! The Luxury package was 200% more than I needed and 80% what I wanted lol.

the biggest things I wanted, which sadly aren’t a la carte, are the 3B LEDs and the 360. Those could have been resolved by simply upgrading to ultra luxury, for an extra $5. But I’m paying another $5 on top of that (just shy of $10k) to get that + real leather, ML, HUD and auto-park, plus some black wheels. Don’t know about any one else, but I don’t think it’s worth the asking price. I’m still torn lol!
Old 06-19-22, 09:41 AM
hintonwood
Pit Crew

Received 89 Likes on 50 Posts

I couldn’t live without my HUD or the 360 Camera.
The following 2 users liked this post by hintonwood:
dklanecky1 (06-19-22), SenorValas (06-20-22)
Old 06-19-22, 11:54 AM
wattyb2
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Second the HUD. Wasn't sure I'd care about it that much, but think I'd really miss it if it was taken away now. Camera system is really helpful to have when parking or leaving especially tight areas, so that's worth it as far as I'm concerned.

Now, are they worth $10k? Eh, not sure. I'd probably say no, but if that means you're waiting an extra 6 months for your car, none of us can say whether that's "worth it" or not to you.
Old 06-19-22, 02:25 PM
zanewyn
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Ihave1cat
Those are my thoughts exactly! The Luxury package was 200% more than I needed and 80% what I wanted lol.

the biggest things I wanted, which sadly aren’t a la carte, are the 3B LEDs and the 360. Those could have been resolved by simply upgrading to ultra luxury, for an extra $5. But I’m paying another $5 on top of that (just shy of $10k) to get that + real leather, ML, HUD and auto-park, plus some black wheels. Don’t know about any one else, but I don’t think it’s worth the asking price. I’m still torn lol!
haha that's how they get you...hey it's only 4.3K to go from luxury to ultra luxury...and another 4.7K to get top trim executive. But in the end, you are spending 10K more and the car becomes 76K after taxes in Ontario.
Personally, I think it's too much for a NX 350h.
Old 06-19-22, 07:16 PM
Seto
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with everyone saying luxury trim is the sweet spot. I placed my order in March and luxury trim was sold out so ended up getting the ultra premium instead. Would have paid the $600 difference for the pano roof, but was told there is no ETA for the luxury trim. I got a call recently saying my car is done and enroute so I expect to pick up this week.
The following users liked this post:
LStoneX (06-20-22)
Old 06-20-22, 05:26 AM
Dswhittle
Rookie

Received 28 Likes on 12 Posts

I ordered my NX 350 H in early January of this year and right now the expected delivery date is end of June. Here’s hoping. When I placed my order iI was torn between the Luxury and the Ultra Luxury packages. Deciding factor was the Digital Mirror with Homelink, Kick sensor, Triple Beam, Intelligent Headlights, Corner lighting, Auto Leveling headlights and Digital Key for a $4k Cdn difference seemed to me a reasonable amount for these additions. My wife’s car has a HUD and to be honest, I have difficulty seeing it because a wear UV sunglasses and they tend to make the HUD image disappear. I also realized that there was going to be a a fairly steep technology learning curve already and the HUD implementation just seem to be at a “bridge too far for me“. The only other option in the Exec package that I would have liked was the Mark Levinson sound system but for an additional $5k Cdn I couldn’t justify it.