Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2022 and up NX hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the NX Hybrid models. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other 2nd generation NX models.

2022 NX 350h Cambridge-built where do most parts come from?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-22, 07:40 AM
Ihave1cat
Intermediate

Received 139 Likes on 82 Posts
Default 2022 NX 350h Cambridge-built where do most parts come from?

Hello all,

I have my 350h (Canadian-Built Executive Package, or the USA Luxury package), and I was looking for a way to get a window sticker that shows the USA "Parts percentage" (aka 80% of the car is from Japanese parts) - but haven't seen one posted anywhere, and my VIN won't work to get a sticker - just errors out. Yes, I know I can technically get my dealer to send me one - but the Canadian market doesn't show the build percentage. That got me thinking, does anyone know where the parts for the Canadian-built NX come from? I don't think there is a definitive list of where they are made.

I tried to look at a few components, and only found "MADE IN..." stickers on a few things.

Thanks!
Old 07-17-22, 08:44 AM
dklanecky1
Intermediate

Received 136 Likes on 91 Posts

Interesting, I checked a few window stickers for NX's built in Canada, some in stock, and some in transit, and none of them show the source of the parts in percentages. Must be something not required in Canada?
Old 07-17-22, 03:13 PM
Ihave1cat
Intermediate

Received 139 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by dklanecky1
Interesting, I checked a few window stickers for NX's built in Canada, some in stock, and some in transit, and none of them show the source of the parts in percentages. Must be something not required in Canada?
Yes, I thinks it’s a US Federal thing. I’ve never seen a window sticker on a Canadian model with percentages of where the parts come from, versus assembly. I’ve seen plenty of ones in the US that say that though.

I’ve heard that the engine for the NX 350h comes from the US, whereas the converter-inverter assembly comes from Japan.

I’ve seen a replacement headlight (Tri-beam with highbeam, Canadian “4 LED” model - the one with the adaptive lighting) package that said it’s made in Japan.

For what it’s worth, my friend’s base NX 350h was made in Japan, and there is a quality difference in the fit and finish. Putting them side by side, you can tell that there are minor things that the Japanese did better. My top-trim NX 350h already had to have some minor things remedied at the dealer. Nothing mechanical, strictly cosmetic, but still…