Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2022 and up NX hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the NX Hybrid models. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other 2nd generation NX models.

New to Lexus, now a NX 350H owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-22 | 10:16 AM
ricke44
4th Gear

Default New to Lexus, now a NX 350H owner

Like the title says this is my first Lexus and so far I'm quite happy overall. Only had it a couple of weeks, so still a LOT of learning to do. I do have a couple of questions that I'd like to put out there as I've been unable to find answers so far.
First, can I set the NAV system to metric units? Not that I don't know what .8 of a mile is, but I've been using metric for over 40 years and I would like to continue. In the Vehicle Settings there is an option to set a couple of things to metric but the Navigation app seems to be separate and I haven't found it yet.
The power back door opens and closes fine, but the "Close and lock" button isn't working. It did work a couple of times but suddenly stopped. When I press the "Close and lock" button, it either beeps once and quits, or beeps every 2 seconds until the normal close button is pressed and the door closes. Very weird.
I am having a helluva time adding my vehicle to my wife's Lexus app on her phone. It all worked spiffy for me - a QR code was generated and the NX was added. However, when trying to add her, it just will not present a QR code for me to scan. It always prompts me to log in via the app (which I've done several times but to no avail). Frustrating as all get out!

Apologies if this isn't the correct way to ask questions but I thought it would be most efficient to stuff everything into one post.
TIA
Rick
Old 07-23-22 | 11:26 AM
geomike
Driver

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...l#post11256143

to lock the door , you have to press lock and move away, dont stay next to it.
Old 07-23-22 | 11:38 AM
nitrolada
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by ricke44
Like the title says this is my first Lexus and so far I'm quite happy overall. Only had it a couple of weeks, so still a LOT of learning to do. I do have a couple of questions that I'd like to put out there as I've been unable to find answers so far.
First, can I set the NAV system to metric units? Not that I don't know what .8 of a mile is, but I've been using metric for over 40 years and I would like to continue. In the Vehicle Settings there is an option to set a couple of things to metric but the Navigation app seems to be separate and I haven't found it yet.
The power back door opens and closes fine, but the "Close and lock" button isn't working. It did work a couple of times but suddenly stopped. When I press the "Close and lock" button, it either beeps once and quits, or beeps every 2 seconds until the normal close button is pressed and the door closes. Very weird.
I am having a helluva time adding my vehicle to my wife's Lexus app on her phone. It all worked spiffy for me - a QR code was generated and the NX was added. However, when trying to add her, it just will not present a QR code for me to scan. It always prompts me to log in via the app (which I've done several times but to no avail). Frustrating as all get out!

Apologies if this isn't the correct way to ask questions but I thought it would be most efficient to stuff everything into one post.
TIA
Rick
for units.. you can change it in settings but its not intuitive. watch this vid by a user on this forum

Old 07-23-22 | 11:50 AM
LStoneX
Intermediate

TIA
Rick
You're adding your wife to the car all wrong. You don't use the QR code to add additional drivers or you'll run into issues (like you have discovered).

Watch this Northside Lexus Tutorial for all the info you need on additional profiles. Start around the 30:46 mark.

For what it's worth, there's a part 2 as well which talks about how to change your units and other things.

You really should watch them both.
Old 07-23-22 | 12:29 PM
ricke44
4th Gear

Default Sorry for the confusion

I'm not having trouble adding my wife to the car, that part is pretty straightforward. I am trying to add our vehicle to the Lexus app on her phone and that does need a QR code, I believe. I am going to watch both vids for sure though! Thanks to everyone for your suggestions!!
Old 07-23-22 | 12:46 PM
ricke44
4th Gear

Yeesh how dumb do I feel? Thanks a lot, it apparently was never a problem :-)
Old 07-23-22 | 01:33 PM
Randyp1234
Advanced

I'm not having trouble adding my wife to the car, that part is pretty straightforward. I am trying to add our vehicle to the Lexus app on her phone and that does need a QR code, I believe. I am going to watch both vids for sure though! Thanks to everyone for your suggestions!!
Maybe this has been answered but if you're wanting your wife to be able to do remote start and all that other stuff you'll have to use the same account in the app on her phone as yours.
Old 07-25-22 | 12:22 PM
timdakao
Driver

For the truck close and lock function I've found it to be extremely finicky. You need to be close enough to the car for it to detect that you have the key on you. Then, you need to step away from the car or the sensors on the trunk will detect an obstacle and not let it close. If you're getting the multiple beeps then the locking needs to be reset by unlocking with the key fob. Should work after that.

One other situation where the close and lock doesn't work for me is if I've opened the rear doors before driving. I'm guessing this has something to do with the rear seat reminder function.
Old 07-26-22 | 07:53 AM
DenverRx
Intermediate

Originally Posted by timdakao
For the truck close and lock function I've found it to be extremely finicky. You need to be close enough to the car for it to detect that you have the key on you. Then, you need to step away from the car or the sensors on the trunk will detect an obstacle and not let it close. If you're getting the multiple beeps then the locking needs to be reset by unlocking with the key fob. Should work after that.

One other situation where the close and lock doesn't work for me is if I've opened the rear doors before driving. I'm guessing this has something to do with the rear seat reminder function.
I've have issues multiple times where I can't lock my NX. Lock & lower the hatch (yes, I step away) , and sometimes just trying to lock the car with the sunroof tilted open (for hot weather). Key fob will not lock it (just beeps). I have to get back into the car, power on & off, then it will lock. Like you, this usually happens when I have opened the hatch (put in my golf clubs) in the garage before driving.
Old 07-26-22 | 11:57 AM
timdakao
Driver

Originally Posted by DenverRx
I've have issues multiple times where I can't lock my NX. Lock & lower the hatch (yes, I step away) , and sometimes just trying to lock the car with the sunroof tilted open (for hot weather). Key fob will not lock it (just beeps). I have to get back into the car, power on & off, then it will lock. Like you, this usually happens when I have opened the hatch (put in my golf clubs) in the garage before driving.
I've also noticed that if you want to lock the car from the app, everything must be closed fully. I had one instance where I did the close and lock function with the trunk. Car made the sounds it was supposed to, trunk closed, hazard lights flashed. But then I got a notification from the app saying the car couldn't lock because the trunk was open. I went to go check on the car and the trunk was barely not sealed fully, and the app couldn't tell the car to just seal the trunk fully and therefore couldn't lock. I love this car but small things like this can be kind of infuriating.