Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2022 and up NX hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the NX Hybrid models. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other 2nd generation NX models.

Typical wait time for NX350H

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-22, 08:07 PM
midcow3
Racer

Received 531 Likes on 347 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by anoop
Good to know. I'll be the only one using it so my use case is very simple. And I mostly use it for phone calls. If phone calls don't work reliably, it's a deal breaker for me.
Just remember the Lexus app on your phone is typically a separate Bluetooth from just using your phone's Bluetooth without the Lexus app. Also the Lexus Digital BlueTooth. Those who use only their car keys and phone Bluetooth have no problems.

Problems sometimes happen when you use the Lexus phone app to control the car functions and have more than one profile and also want to activate your Lexus Key Card and also want to make regular Bluetooth phone calls and have your physical car keys in your pocket.

There has been at least one software fix to address some of these integrations issues and a lot of problems have been resolved.

Good Luck.

YMMV,
MidCow3

Old 08-04-22, 08:39 PM
anoop
Intermediate

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by midcow3
Just remember the Lexus app on your phone is typically a separate Bluetooth from just using your phone's Bluetooth without the Lexus app. Also the Lexus Digital BlueTooth. Those who use only their car keys and phone Bluetooth have no problems.

Problems sometimes happen when you use the Lexus phone app to control the car functions and have more than one profile and also want to activate your Lexus Key Card and also want to make regular Bluetooth phone calls and have your physical car keys in your pocket.

There has been at least one software fix to address some of these integrations issues and a lot of problems have been resolved.

Good Luck.

YMMV,
MidCow3
ok, good. I don’t plan to download the Lexus app. Bit of a technophobe here. Would have preferred more physical buttons in the car.
Old 08-05-22, 07:07 AM
zanewyn
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Lakerstrg
That sucks, did you ask for the update or they notified you? My order is with RH so same company as DVNL. My SA didn't say anything about this. So this basically means end of the year delivery for you if it's a 2023 or next year basically.

What I don't get is I'm seeing Oakville, Lakeridge, London, Vaughan, all getting 350h models and I have seen them getting executives, luxury and ultra lux. Always thought the weins division of Lexus was the biggest and should have the largest allocation.
My SA called me. It could also be my color preference. I am waiting for white/red interior on a luxury or ultra luxury trim. She mentioned there's 12 people ahead of me and by the time they get to mine it would be 23 model year. She said 23 is coming out in Q4 and gave me an ETA of Nov-Dec 2022.

Yea I saw the other dealer allocation as well. Maybe they had cancellations? I shouldn't have ordered with DVNL, even though they get more allocations, they also have more people on the waiting list. If I went with Vaughan, I am pretty sure I would have secured a 22 model.
Old 08-05-22, 10:38 AM
midcow3
Racer

Received 531 Likes on 347 Posts
Cool

My NX is at the railhead in Texas only a week or so away now. Total time at this Lexus, a little over 4 months for basically the exact 350h NX I wanted.

YMMV,
MidCow3
Picking up today August 5, 2022
The following 3 users liked this post by midcow3:
Fifteenkey (08-05-22), K8lexus (09-15-22), zanewyn (08-05-22)
Old 08-05-22, 10:34 PM
anoop
Intermediate

Picking up today August 5, 2022
As the saying goes — pics or it didn’t happen.
The following users liked this post:
Fifteenkey (08-06-22)
Old 08-06-22, 07:31 PM
Lakerstrg
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by zanewyn
My SA called me. It could also be my color preference. I am waiting for white/red interior on a luxury or ultra luxury trim. She mentioned there's 12 people ahead of me and by the time they get to mine it would be 23 model year. She said 23 is coming out in Q4 and gave me an ETA of Nov-Dec 2022.

Yea I saw the other dealer allocation as well. Maybe they had cancellations? I shouldn't have ordered with DVNL, even though they get more allocations, they also have more people on the waiting list. If I went with Vaughan, I am pretty sure I would have secured a 22 model.
I remember 2mths back I asked my SA how many people were in front of me, she said no access to that info and she wouldn't know. A Nov/Dec delivery is not ideal but I would be ok with that, better than having it dragged in to the new year. I'm now wondering since both our dealership is owned by weins, I'm wondering if that number of 12 peeps is a combined number between the 2 dealerships? Anyhow at this point I just forget about it, literally nothing we can do and also seems they are not willing to do any dealer locates so the only thing can do is wait, painfully lol.
Old 08-06-22, 08:21 PM
anoop
Intermediate

Contacted several dealers so far.

One not willing to sell any hybrids sell outside their area. They said they probably have a 1+ year waiting list of their existing customers (i.e. those that have bought or serviced their cars with them). They sell at MSRP.

Local dealer has heavy markup and unknown timeline — “we just get what we get” — and not taking a deposit until a car is allocated.

Another dealer outside area willing to take a deposit but left it completely open as to when they’d get it saying it could be many months; they are a smaller dealer and have 0 NX on the lot, let alone hybrids but they are selling at MSRP which might explain why they have nothing on hand. I put a deposit with them.

So at this point I have local dealer and that non-local dealer looking for me. And I’m not trying to contact anymore dealers because it gets depressing. For some reason, I don't think I will be getting one in 2022.

Last edited by anoop; 08-06-22 at 11:24 PM.
Old 08-06-22, 09:13 PM
zanewyn
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

I remember 2mths back I asked my SA how many people were in front of me, she said no access to that info and she wouldn't know. A Nov/Dec delivery is not ideal but I would be ok with that, better than having it dragged in to the new year. I'm now wondering since both our dealership is owned by weins, I'm wondering if that number of 12 peeps is a combined number between the 2 dealerships? Anyhow at this point I just forget about it, literally nothing we can do and also seems they are not willing to do any dealer locates so the only thing can do is wait, painfully lol.
I don't think they share allocations between dealers, even if they are under the same group. Yea I am trying to forget about it as well, but the rate and rumoured MSRP increase for 23 model year is what bugs me. Did you also lock in your rate? If your SA hasn't contacted you, it's still possible that your order is in line to be fulfilled with 22 model year.
Old 08-06-22, 09:17 PM
Lakerstrg
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by zanewyn
I don't think they share allocations between dealers, even if they are under the same group. Yea I am trying to forget about it as well, but the rate and rumoured MSRP increase for 23 model year is what bugs me. Did you also lock in your rate? If your SA hasn't contacted you, it's still possible that your order is in line to be fulfilled with 22 model year.
No my rate isn't locked in. I got 2.5% and won't be surprised if it gets to 3 or more. At this point I don't even care, I just want the car. She told me if the rate changes by the time of delivery my new deal will reflect that.
The following users liked this post:
zanewyn (08-07-22)
Old 08-07-22, 03:45 PM
LexusQ
Pit Crew

Received 74 Likes on 34 Posts

No my rate isn't locked in. I got 2.5% and won't be surprised if it gets to 3 or more. At this point I don't even care, I just want the car. She told me if the rate changes by the time of delivery my new deal will reflect that.
I find it pretty ridiculous that they only lock in your rate for 90 when the car isn’t expected for 180 days+. If you’re agreeing to purchase a car at the current rate it should be locked in since they are the one they can’t provide the car you want at that moment. Wishful thinking I know. I work at the plant that builds these cars and still have to deal with this nonsense 🤦‍♂️.
The following 2 users liked this post by LexusQ:
Lakerstrg (08-07-22), zanewyn (08-07-22)
Old 08-07-22, 03:52 PM
Lakerstrg
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by LexusQ
I find it pretty ridiculous that they only lock in your rate for 90 when the car isn’t expected for 180 days+. If you’re agreeing to purchase a car at the current rate it should be locked in since they are the one they can’t provide the car you want at that moment. Wishful thinking I know. I work at the plant that builds these cars and still have to deal with this nonsense 🤦‍♂️.
Totally agree, it really sucks. Btw how has production come along on the hybrids? Is the build prioritizing the lower trims over the ultra lux and the execs?
Old 08-07-22, 03:53 PM
CRC99
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lakerstrg, those are really good rates. Lexus finance is over 5% !!
Old 08-07-22, 03:55 PM
Lakerstrg
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by CRC99
Lakerstrg, those are really good rates. Lexus finance is over 5% !!
Yea not gonna lie it's pretty good, I know when I signed I was trying to get it even lower but they wouldn't budge, told me regular was actually 5.5. I got an even better rate last September on my wife's UX. .49 at DVNL.
Old 08-07-22, 03:56 PM
LexusQ
Pit Crew

Received 74 Likes on 34 Posts

Totally agree, it really sucks. Btw how has production come along on the hybrids? Is the build prioritizing the lower trims over the ultra lux and the execs?
not too sure on the NX side. I’m on the RX side. It’s typically just dependent on parts availability and order sequence. Hybrids are typically only produced every 1/10 cars on the line. There is quite a demand for batteries these days
Old 08-07-22, 03:58 PM
Lakerstrg
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by LexusQ
not too sure on the NX side. I’m on the RX side. It’s typically just dependent on parts availability and order sequence. Hybrids are typically only produced every 1/10 cars on the line. There is quite a demand for batteries these days
AH I see. I ordered mid March, from what you see, you think my order could be dragged into the new year? Provided everything stays the same as it is now in terms of parts availability etc. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Typical wait time for NX350H